I have...

Eskimo1990

is here :)
Registered
Reaction score
27 days left with my current boyfriend. I knew this going into the relationship.
I don't know how to deal with this.
I didn't think I would end up liking him as much as I do.

I know him and I will continue to be friends.
But we won't have the relationship anymore.

Someone help me deal?
Or maybe just a hug?
:cry:

Edit: That's me and him at my homecoming in my avatar.

Last edited:

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Sorry, let me explain some.
In 27 days he will be 21.
Him and I are in CAP(Civil Air Patrol) I don't know how many of you are familiar with it.
At 21 you become a senior member.
Because I will still be a cadet, him and I can no longer date.

No matter what senior members and cadets cannot date, hook up or do anything besides be friends.

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Can you guys help me find songs?
That might describe how I'm feeling.
Songs help me through things sometimes...

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
It's just hitting me now that Saturday is our 2 month.
That's all we'll ever get to.

Mumut

Well begun is half done...
Registered
Reaction score
Can you get back together when you are 21? Can it be a relationship on hold until then?

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
In theory yes we could.
Will we? Honestly, probably not.
Three years is a long time to wait for someone you were only with for 2 months.

Last edited:

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Is this Civil Air Patrol mandatory, or is it a choice. I'm not telling you to quit the CAP, but I'm pointing out that you've probably got more choice than you think you do. Either way, it's going to be hard, but take the time to think, and make the right choice.

I'm speaking as someone who was in a similar situation, and found a way to continue dating. It's a good thing for my kids that I did. :)

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
It's a choice.
But he won't let me quit to stay with him.
And I won't let him quit to stay with me.

We're kind of in a stuck spot. and it's our own faults basically....

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
As long as you realize you're making a choice, then you're probably making the right one. So in answer to your opening plea, I'll just send the hugs. :Hug2:

May you find love and friendship in your future in abundance, Eskimo.

Stlight

ideas are floating where they will
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
where you can put sugar sprinkles on lots of thing
song - I'll always love you - Dolly P.

To keep in mind, when you're feeling it almost too much, just remember you're both doing what you're doing to save lives. More people than you know thank you for what you're doing.

S

MagicMan

Registered
Reaction score
From passion to friendship. At 18 or 80, meeting a soul mate is a rare thing, many people never find. Friendship may be the best thing. Over the next three years, the trials you both will face, the disipline, the sacrifice and suffering will either cement or dissolve that bond. If you have truly found a soul mate, three years will be an eternity with a life long possitive result. Be possitive, capture your dreams, carry those dreams into the future, and the future will come to you.

Smiles and best wishes,
Bob

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Thank you guys for you responses.
I know this will be hard, and I'm thankful him and I will remain friends after we break up.
I can only hope that we can be together again some day in the future. But I guess time can only tell.

Priene

Out to lunch
Registered
Reaction score
Stay together, and keep quiet about it. Love is a trump card.

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Thought about it, but that in itself would be hard to do. We still have 26 days to decide, so I guess we'll see what happens then.

regdog

The Scavengers
Staff member
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Here's a hug :Hug2:

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys.
All I can do for now is wait for this weekend and spend every moment of time that I can with him.

Clio

In the mind warp pavilion
Registered
Reaction score
Aw - it's such a long time since I was your age and experiencing young love and its joys, Eskimo. But take a tip from an oldy. Three years seem an eternity now, but when you and your beloved are 70, looking back on your lives and spoiling your grandchildren, that three years will seem like a drop in the ocean.

Hang on in there. If it's meant to be, it will happen. :Sun:

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks guys. :)

We keep telling each other that we don't want to lose one another.
I didn't realize at the beginning that this would be so hard...

Eskimo1990

Registered
Reaction score
Update on the whole thing.

Our days together are getting smaller and smaller. I just renewed my CAP membership.
I love CAP and if I had chosen not to renew he said he would have came home and kicked my butt. Also my best friend would not let me quit. Not that I wanted to.

After much decision. More on his part than mine, he decided to not risk staying together. If we did (and got caught) both of us could be kicked out. And he's not willing to risk CAP.

I don't blame him. CAP is his life. And it has been for the last 6 years. We've only been dating for 2 months.

Could we be together in 3 years?
It's possible. But I doubt we will.

I need hugs again :(
:cry:

JoNightshade

has finally arrived
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.ramseyhootman.com
{{hugs}}

I don't have any helpful advice, but I will tell you this: that amount of separation makes or breaks a relationship - and it will show you, without a doubt, if he is "The One." In my last year of college I made a commitment to spend the following year teaching in China. One month later, I met someone. I had never dated in my life, not ever, and since I was going to China I knew we could only be "just friends."

A month later we were dating. We only had six months together, total, before I went to China, but for the first time in my life I realized logic no longer mattered. I wanted every second I could have with this man. To go to China anyway, because I had made that vow and because I believe God told me to go - it was the most painful decision of my life. It was agony. But I went.

And you know what? We survived. It was hard. Really, really, really hard. But two days after I got back, he proposed. When we got married we had spent as much time separated as we had together. Now we've been married two and a half years. (And we're still attached at the hip.)

But if there's anything that year apart made us sure of, it was that we were meant for each other. There is NO DOUBT whatsoever that he is the only man I want. Every trial since then has seemed trivial to that year of separation (and trust me, we've had trials!) and I think for the rest of our lives we will think, "Yes, this is hard - but at least we're together." We can bear anything as long as we have each other to lean on.