Nanowrimo.org is Up and Running

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
I already signed up too!! I'm Angolera on NaNoWriMo, if anyone wants to add me to their contacts (or friends, or whatever this site calls them).

Karen Duvall

Chalice the Hatchet Knight
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.karenduvall.blogspot.com
I signed up today, too. I've been posting on the forum there. Found my fellow Critique Circle folks, though I don't know them well at all. I don't visit there much, though I should.

Clair Dickson

A dark core to every cloud
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.bofexler.blogspot.com
I'm skulking around there, too. Fiddling with my profile and such, trying not to think about the story I'm going to be writing since it's a month away. Bad Clair-- go work on something else!

wyntermoon

Registered
Reaction score
Website
threeseasagency.com
I was there signing up my daughter for the Young Writers Program and cleaning up my profile. I have a storyline in mind but I need to finish my WIP first! I'm thisclose. GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

All the coffee mugs were snapped up. booooooo.

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
And it looks like someone has already started an AW thread in the Nano Writing Groups forum. Who in the world did that?

:Shrug:

Sean D. Schaffer

Registered
Reaction score
And the forums are up, too, which is pretty nice. :) I've already posted, as my potential NaNo novel has raised a very important question for me.

I'm sure to get a good answer. If I like the answer, great. If not, I'll have to find another novel to work on.

ravenlea

AW Addict
Registered
Reaction score
I'm signed up and deciding which of two novels to write. I tried two last year and couldn't even finish one - but I blame that on the 10 trip to AZ the family took where I got no writing done. Maybe this year will be better

raven

Cranky

Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I'm all signed up, too. Hopefully, I manage to win this year, instead of burning out halfway through.

*cracks knuckles*

Plus, I have a plan. More specifically, an outline. Which I'm still tweaking. Should be fun! I really want that travel mug. Iz so pretty!

sheadakota

part of the human equation
Registered
Reaction score
I am pampered on their site- I haven't a clue what I am writing about yet- this will be the fourth year in a row for me-

Yeshanu

Elf Queen
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems getting in today? I should have been able just to log in under my past username, but it's not even recognizing my email addy today, and I know they have it, because I've been getting emails on and off from them for years...

Grrarrgh

Not so new, not so much a kid
Registered
Reaction score
Anyone else having problems getting in today? I should have been able just to log in under my past username, but it's not even recognizing my email addy today, and I know they have it, because I've been getting emails on and off from them for years...

Me, too. I couldn't even get to the site earlier. Now I can get to the site, but it's not recognizing my user name and password. I tried my email address, but it didn't recognize that, either. I'm glad I'm not the only one; I thought maybe I'd used some off the wall name or password that I'd never think of again. :)

BenPanced

THE BLUEBERRY QUEEN OF HADES (he/him)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
I think it's start of the year jitters. I wasn't able to access the site earlier this morning, but now that I'm able to see it, much of the front page content isn't visible, along with the login link.

Have faith!

DamaNegra

Mexican on the loose!
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.fictionpress.com
Yeah, people are flooding into the site as word spreads that it's up. It happens every year. Just wait until November 1....

Dale Emery

is way off topic
Registered
Reaction score
Website
dalehartleyemery.com
On twitter, nanowrimo said:
It appears that this was a hardware failure (bad disk). We're working on restoring from a backup. Then reinitialize & we'll be up again!

That may or may not have been related to the October 1 rush.

Dale

Last edited:

jennifer75

SupahStah!
Registered
Reaction score
Site is up now. They started early to work out any bugs....go sign up if you haven't already :D

http://www.nanowrimo.org

I created a new sign in......friend me! (it's real tricky......get a pen......ready????.....it's jennifer75) :D

So, how long till I get the "ok you're in" email from Chris?

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
On twitter, nanowrimo said:

That may or may not have been related to the October 1 rush.

Dale
Well, a hard disk failure can happen at any time (so why don't they at least have a Raid 1? It's cheap enough, I need to do that for my own PC), and I can't imagine any "rush" of traffic today would be anywhere near the first few days of November.

Maybe I'll donate and encourage them to rent some Real Server Space with Real Bandwidth for the month of November. But from the lines at the gas stations delays from server overload I saw last year and same old stories from years before, I doubt they will.

TheIT

Infuriatingly Theoretical
Registered
Reaction score
Is the website really working? I just tried to login using last year's logon and it didn't recognize my username. I'm pretty certain I was using the correct password. Do we need to create new logins?

benbradley

It's a doggy dog world
Registered
Reaction score
I created a new sign in......friend me! (it's real tricky......get a pen......ready????.....it's jennifer75) :D

So, how long till I get the "ok you're in" email from Chris?

Thanks for the Twitter note, as the main site at http://nanowrimo.org has no mention of the hard disk crash.

But it looks like just about everything past the main page is gone. All of us who had already signed up are not currently in the datbase. Even the forums are empty, even though the headings still give the the number of messages that WERE in each thread...

So now they're either going to just reload the database, which means anyone who has just signed up will have to sign up again, or merge the current and backed-up databases in order to keep everything.