Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
MacAllister
'Twas but a dream of thee
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Jenna's (and AW's) Baby Sarina arrives!

Giving it its own discussion thread. Back to edit in links.

Original Jenna's baby thread.

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings

Last edited by MacAllister; 03-25-2008 at 10:46 PM.
MacAllister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:41 PM   #2
Little Red Barn
haz own threads

Little Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't understand all these new buttons going on, can you fill me in.? Is this why we were down this morn?

I remember this happy occassion and all the refreshing...
Old 03-25-2008, 10:47 PM   #3
MacAllister
El Jefe

MacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMacAllister is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
New buttons?

We've just built a community archive forum, Kimmi, to store in one, easily-searchable place some of the stuff that gets talked about over and over -- the significant events, memorable threads, and so on, to help people understand those in-jokes and obscure references to Phentermine that otherwise might be more confusing.

Sofa Monkeys - Pop Culture for the Short Attention Span | Creating Home - Living well, creating a home, and cooking with Mom! | Stones In the Field - Random notes and maunderings
Old 03-25-2008, 10:49 PM   #4
Little Red Barn
haz own threads

Little Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLittle Red Barn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacAllister View Post
New buttons?

We've just built a community archive forum, Kimmi, to store in one, easily-searchable place some of the stuff that gets talked about over and over -- the significant events, memorable threads, and so on, to help people understand those in-jokes and obscure references to Phentermine that otherwise might be more confusing.
Ohh, ahh, ah! That's neat, thanks! So that Phentermine, I'm finally going to get in on it, huh? What is that stuff, in 10 seconds or less, please?
ACK: Should I delete this, sorry, archives havn' one of those continuos blonde moment days...
Old 03-26-2008, 05:20 AM   #5
MacAllister
El Jefe

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimmi View Post
Ohh, ahh, ah! That's neat, thanks! So that Phentermine, I'm finally going to get in on it, huh? What is that stuff, in 10 seconds or less, please?
ACK: Should I delete this, sorry, archives havn' one of those continuos blonde moment days...
Naw, you're fine. The archives themselves can't be posted in. We'll just copy the pertinent threads into there.

This is the discussion subforum.

The thing that most strikes me, re-reading the Sarina's Arrival thread, is that Jenna's baby had more aunties and uncles pacing the floor waiting for news of her than thirty other babies all put together.

Old 03-26-2008, 05:27 AM   #6
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sarina is a neat name.
Wonder how she came up with it?
Jenna is actually pretty cool too.
I like names that end in vowels.
Maybe I'll change mine around to make it so.
Ansi; Hmmm; What do you think?
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 06:45 AM   #7
Little Red Barn
haz own threads

Ah yes, Mac, Sarina certainly did have a lot of aunties and uncles.. and btw that was a cool poem you wrote for Sarina's 1st Birthday, yikes a year, whoa, time shure do fly by! ;D

Anis, I remember now, I happened to be the one to guess the name of Jenna's baby after a whole long thread of clues!
Old 03-26-2008, 08:04 AM   #8
benbradley
Perspiring Whitey

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by anis View Post
Sarina is a neat name.
Wonder how she came up with it?
I recall reading about it when Jenna was "very, very" pregnant expecting and stuff, Sarina was named after someone or other - I forget the details, but I know I read the story in some thread back then.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anis View Post
Jenna is actually pretty cool too.
I like names that end in vowels.
Maybe I'll change mine around to make it so.
Ansi; Hmmm; What do you think?
American National Standards Institute?
But yeah, ending with a vowel worked for Abba, too!
Old 03-26-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
Ken
and friends . . .

Ken is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ansi = American National Standards Institute
Quite interesting and has a good ring to it too.
From now on that is my new name!

American National Standards Institute

ps Jenna's name guessing thread reminds me of the story of Rumplestiltskin, but with a very happy ending!

Last edited by Ken; 03-26-2008 at 04:06 PM.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
JennaGlatzer
wishes you happiness

JennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi! She wasn't named after anyone, just an interesting coincidence-- while coming up with name ideas, both her dad and my mom came up with the name Sarina separately. I thought that was a sign. Originally we were going with it spelled as Serena (like Serena Casey here on AW), but decided to go with the other spelling instead. I'm sure that's what you're remembering, Ben-- in my "guess her name" thread, I said she shared a name with an AW member.

So far, she's lived up to the "serene" part of her name beautifully.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:12 AM   #11
ChunkyC
It's hard being green

ChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChunkyC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I ran across this thread today, where Jenna began to show signs of mental instability while she was preggers with Sarina. She actually tried to get us all to follow a set of guidelines....

Stories of Strength
My listing in the Absolute Write Library.
Support the Author Advocate Defense Fund

ChunkyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2008, 09:37 AM   #12
JennaGlatzer
wishes you happiness

JennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hush! At least one out of every 4,576 members actually read it!