• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[Agency] Creative Trust Inc. / Helmers Literary Services (Kathryn Helmers)

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
I recently read a novel I really loved and checked to see who the agent was. Kathryn Helmers of Helmers Literary. But she doesn't show up on AgentQuery and has no website that I can find. Several of her authors - well-known names - refer to her with glowing praise.

Can I safely assume she's not interested in taking on new clients, seeing as she's making herself so hard to find? Does anybody have any information about her?

ETA: I have searched the entire Water Cooler for references to her, and found none. I do have photographic evidence that she really exists...

emsuniverse

Back to freelancing again...
Registered
Reaction score
Found her email through google.

helmersliterary @ msn.com (no spaces.)

edgyllama

Sockpuppet
Banned
Reaction score
P&E says she has a record of sales:

Kathryn Helmers: $ A literary agent at Helmers Literary.

An agent without a website isn't always a red flag. Irritating, yes, red flag, no. As long as they have sales to commercial publishers which Helmers certainly has.

Judg

DISENCHANTED coming soon
Registered
Reaction score
Website
janetursel.com
Yup, she's got sales, that shows up in a few places. I'm just wondering if it's worth the effort trying to contact her (when I'm ready to query, that is) when maybe the lack of a website of any kind is a way of saying "I'm already busy, leave me alone."

Thanks, you guys, for the input.

Roly

silly puppy monster
Registered
Reaction score
What do they accept in terms of genre?

And Red.Ink.Rain, can you share some experiences?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Creative Trust Inc., Literary Group: http://www.creativetrust.com/literary.html

What is your literary submission policy?

Creative Trust Literary Group does not accept unsolicited manuscripts or book proposals from unpublished authors. We do accept unsolicited inquiries from previously published authors under the following requisites; email inquiries only, which must not be accompanied by attachments of any kind, to [email protected]. Please indicate “Literary Submission” in your subject line. Due to the volume of queries we receive, we are not able to respond except to request additional materials.

By the way, if you are a new author, or are just looking for some publishing industry information or direction, consider visiting www.writersmarket.com. They have many valuable resources and events to equip aspiring authors. We wish you well!