• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

The Paula Balzer Agency

jcosta

Does anyone know anything about Paula Balzer? She used to be with Sarah Lazin but is out on her own now. She requested sample chapters off my query so just wondering if anyone has had any contact with her. Thanks.

JerseyGirl1962

I heart Malamutes! :-)
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
This, from P&E:

Paula Balzer: $ A literary agent (Literary, Adult) with Sarah Lazin Books

This page has more info on her and her own agency (a couple of novels sold, a few non-fiction books).

She has a website here, but it's currently under construction.

This lady recently signed with her (scroll down to see it).

~Nancy

scriptor

Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.geocities.com
About Paula Balzer, does anyone know if she is taking on any new unpublished authors? Thanks ahead of time ya'll.

jcosta

Sorry, maybe I should have been more clear in my original post. I researched her before I queried, and I know about the books she's published and that she's definitely legit. I was more looking for anyone who had personal experience with her.

Scriptor, she is definitely taking new unpublished authors. She left Sarah Lazin recently and is trying to build up her list with new people as well as those who went with her, judging by all the info I found. Hope that helps.

gettingby

Registered
Reaction score
Paula Balzer Agency

Anyone have any experience with Paula Balze? She has her own agency now, but she used to work for Carlisle & Company and Sarah Lazin Books. Thanks.

NY_Michelle

Registered
Reaction score
Paula Balzer Agency

FYI. I tried her website www.pbliterary.com and nothing came up. In the 2010 Literary Guide to Agents it says you can query with email or by post with SASE, but agentquery.com says she doesn't accept emails. I queried her in 2008 by snail mail with a single sample chapter (Literary guide says she wants fifty pages) and she responded within a week. So post is probably your best bet. I don't send fifty pages off the bat anymore unless it's a follow-up request. Waste of paper.