Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2007, 02:38 AM   #1
ZannaPerry
^ Just Me & a Sharpie

ZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cravings...

I hate cravings................does anyone know how to substain them???
ZannaPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:43 AM   #2
Siddow
I'm super! Thanks for asking

Siddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Depends on what you're craving.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

Siddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:44 AM   #3
MidnightMuse
Midnight Reading

MidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, to sustain a craving it's best to eat whatever it is you're craving.

If you want to suspend that craving, what I do is think of what I'm craving, then convince my mouth that it tastes like something I don't want to eat
Old 09-12-2007, 02:45 AM   #4
jennifer75
SupahStah!

jennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennifer75 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Easy. Give in to them.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:49 AM   #5
ZannaPerry
^ Just Me & a Sharpie

ZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZannaPerry is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Haha! But I don't want to give into them because it only makes me fat...seriously, I need to add in some exercise into my daily schedule. Or I am in some trouble.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:50 AM   #6
MidnightMuse
Midnight Reading

MidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Honestly, when I found out I couldn't eat chocolate anymore, and still craved it, the only thing that got me through was to think about chocolate and associate it in my mind and taste buds with something I really didn't like.

I imagined chocolate tasted like Broccoli.

It really did help.
Old 09-12-2007, 02:56 AM   #7
Perks
delicate #!&@*#! flower

Perks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPerks is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Go brush your teeth. No, seriously. It helps.
Perks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 02:57 AM   #8
JLCwrites
practical experience, FTW

JLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Don't buy them anymore. If you cant reach them... then you cant eat them!

Short Stories Published

"Teleporter" in What If: Collection of Science Fiction Short Stories by ReadMe Publishing

"Unlocked" in No Rest for the Wicked by Rainstorm Press
JLCwrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:04 AM   #9
brokenfingers
Walkin' That Road

brokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbrokenfingers is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Drink a lot of water.

If that doesn't help, then pound your head forcefully into a wall or a desk. Seriously. You'll forget all about whatever food you were craving.
brokenfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:11 AM   #10
Thump
defying grabbity

Thump leaves trails of profuse coolnessThump leaves trails of profuse coolnessThump leaves trails of profuse coolnessThump leaves trails of profuse coolnessThump leaves trails of profuse coolness
I'm so in the same situation >__<

What I do is, remind myself how much better off I am without them. How the little things can kill me if I give in. Basically, I make myself feel all good and righteous by resisting temptation. Hey, if it works for religious zealots...
I'd say the main lesson to take from Stephen King's working life is: He's never stopped working. He's written sober. He's written drunk. He's written while recovering from horrendous injuries. He's written while working maggotty laundry jobs. He's written on long after he could have snuggled down into his royalties for the rest of his life.

Damn good lesson, that.
Thump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 03:41 AM   #11
Siddow
I'm super! Thanks for asking

Siddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiddow is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Find the least offensive options for your cravings. My cravings come with a purpose: salty, crunchy, creamy and sweet.

Celery, carrots, yogurt, individual chocolate squares (Ghiradelli makes some pretty good 60% cocoa squares), a few pretzels or peanuts or almonds--all healthy snacks when taken in nibbles.

A picture is worth a thousand words, but it uses up three thousand times the memory.

Siddow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:00 AM   #12
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Carole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I agree in that it depends on what you are craving. For me, usually nothing helps besides a small portion of the real deal. If I try to substitute something else, I won't be satisfied. If that happens, I sometimes end up gorging on way more than I would if I had just let myself have a little to begin with. There's a girl in my office who is that way with chocolate. She will almost tackle you if you have chocolate. Then the next day she says, " Keep that stuff away from me. I have to quit eating chocolate." Then the next day she is ravenous for it again.

Contrary to popular belief, I think the line between being direct and being rude is not thin, and most people are fully aware of when they have crossed it.

Come see some familiar faces at:

Bloggity Bloggity Blog

Blog, Part II
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:01 AM   #13
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Can't say I've ever had cravings. I just eat what the hell I like - every food is fair game!
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:07 AM   #14
Azraelsbane
Agony is defeat

Location: In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the chessboard
Azraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm with SP on food cravings. I eat everything. I diet sometimes if I start getting out of shape a little, but basically everything is fair game. I spent my childhood on a ridiculous diet. I'm going to enjoy adulthood, damn it.

As for other cravings, I have to watch my "plot twist" cravings when it comes to my writing. If I gave in to every "wonderful idea I must incorporate immediately" craving I had... my novels would by 90k of Luke and Azrael making out + on a wrought iron bed. Uh, wait. *flips through manuscript* Nope, hasn't slipped in yet. Phew.

"The dreadful thing is that beauty is not only terrifying but also mysterious. God and the Devil are fighting there, and their battlefield is the heart of man. But a man's heart wants to speak only of its own ache. Listen, now I'll tell you what it says..." ~Dostoevsky The Brothers Karamazov

Fantasy:

Elysian Flames- 88,000 words <Was hat dich bloß so ruiniert?>

Queries Out: 0

Your book is teh suck, try digging ditches to bury it in plz kthxbai: 6

www.granitewindstarr.com
(under some serious construction)
Azraelsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:09 AM   #15
auntybug
teh other evil broad

Location: I am destined for greatness. I'm just pacing myself.
auntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsauntybug is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Trust me. Eat what you are craving. You will crave it till you have it & just eat a bunch of crap trying to get your mind off it.

Experience talking.
auntybug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:21 AM   #16
ZannaPerry
^ Just Me & a Sharpie

My craving are tortia chips. I know it's not the worse kind of craving, but I could literally eat an entire bag in one sitting. I like salty snacks....but I am seriously not a big eater. I have one big meal a day. I don't snack, I don't do anything that would say I'm an obsessive eater.

I think it's all in my head. . . . .

And I do brush my teeth rather early in the evening so I won't be tempted to eat anything.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:25 AM   #17
JLCwrites

JLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
YUM! Add some cheddar, refried beans, guacamole, salsa, and sour cream, and then dig in!
Ok.. getting hungry. When is hubby coming home?

Short Stories Published

"Teleporter" in What If: Collection of Science Fiction Short Stories by ReadMe Publishing

"Unlocked" in No Rest for the Wicked by Rainstorm Press
JLCwrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 04:50 AM   #18
ZannaPerry
^ Just Me & a Sharpie

Ha......and those are all my weaknesses!...including men!
Old 09-12-2007, 04:58 AM   #19
stormie
storm central

stormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Reading all the posts on this thread is making me hungry.

Here's a thought (before I go raid the kitchen): when you really crave that certain food, get a small portion of it, have a paper napkin in your other hand, eat a bite of the food, chew it, savor it, then spit it out. Into the napkin, of course.

Seriously, I've done that and it works. Abstaining from the food you crave only makes it worse.

An Interview

BLOG BLOG BLOG
stormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:10 PM   #20
Fenika

Fenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFenika is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormie View Post
eat a bite of the food, chew it, savor it, then spit it out. Into the napkin, of course.
I wish that worked with food allergies! Talk about cravings

For me, I sub other foods. Luckily dieting is optional (but I'm due for one. How fun, food allergies and a diet. I won't be able to eat anything but cabbage! :-p )

Cheers,
Christina

Visit my blog: A walk-through guide to Eastern European castles.

Gardeners of AW, Unite!

Fenika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:54 PM   #21
TrainofThought
Hündin von einem Schriftsteller

TrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyB View Post
I hate cravings................does anyone know how to substain them???
Sometimes people think they are hungry when they are actually thirsty. Sit straight in your chair, do lower abdominal crunches then drink a glass of water and wait five minutes. You will either feel satisfied or still want whatever you crave. If you still have the craving, which also sometimes means your body needs it (sugar, protein), then have it.
TrainofThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:23 PM   #22
rhymegirl
Summer Is Back!

rhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrhymegirl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I am craving a bowl of Capn Crunch cereal.

But shhh, don't tell my personal trainer.

It Bloggles the Mind
rhymegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 09:26 PM   #23
ZannaPerry
^ Just Me & a Sharpie

But you see...I don't like the portions. I don't like napkins and stuffing all my food on it. I don't like all the rules of eating. I just eat what I want, when I want and I'm happy. I think I just need to exercise. . . and I'll be fine. My nutrionist (?) told me all I had to do was lose a little bit of weight because I'm consider fat for my height. Can you believe that??????????
Old 09-13-2007, 12:26 AM   #24
stormie
storm central

stormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyB View Post
Haha! But I don't want to give into them because it only makes me fat...seriously, I need to add in some exercise into my daily schedule. Or I am in some trouble.
Medically bad trouble? Or trouble with your nutritionist who says you're overweight for your height? If it's a medical problem, like diabetes, you have to listen to your nutritionist. Otherwise, why can't you cave in to your cravings now and then? If it's not a seriously overweight problem and/or medical problem, do you need a nutritionist? (Don't mind me--I'm the type who eats dessert first if I'm at a buffet. My weight and health are okay, but I'd be a nutritionist's nightmare.)

And yeah, Christina, even just tasting the food is bad for those with certain allergies. You have my sympathy!

An Interview

BLOG BLOG BLOG
stormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 01:03 AM   #25
Jaycinth
Your Cuddly Sociopathic
AW Moderator

Jaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJaycinth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My auntie (a nutritionist) tried to explain to me that food craving occur when your body needs a nutrient that you are not getting..so it makes you cram everything into your mouth until it gets enough of that nutrient.

Chocolate = magnesium
Chips = fats
(and there were some others)
She told me and my mom to make sure we got extra vitamin supplements when dieting and extra magnesium before periods.

I believe she was correct. When I am on a low fat diet..I cannot STAY on that diet unless I'm popping a couple of Omega 3's daily along with multi vitamins. And about a week before 'that time' I start upping magnesium rich foods..and then I stick to dark-semi sweetened chocolate...which there is now plenty of since Muse stopped eating it .

You should head over to 'Healty Diet &..." and PM Cassie who has just become a certified nutritionist and has always been a real uplift and a help.

Jaycinth is offline   Reply With Quote