Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 09-07-2007, 07:53 PM   #1
maestrowork
Fear the Death Ray

maestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Annual Pooch Plunge

What a great idea:

http://www.intheory.tv/?p=72

What I want to know, though, is what the heck is that big area of yellow water...? o.O

I didn't want to work. It was as simple as that. I distrusted work, disliked it. I thought it was a very bad thing that the human race had unfortunately invented for itself.
-- Agatha Christie

The Pacific Between • A Bunch of Stories
(2006 IPPY Award)

WIP: Beyond the Banyan Tree - draft 9, 125,000 words

Home Page | Blog | Reviews
maestrowork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:10 PM   #2
MidnightMuse
Midnight Reading

MidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Oh my, that is a rather large swath of yellowish water, isn't it?
Old 09-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #3
mum23
practical experience, FTW

mum23 is a shiny, shiny jewelmum23 is a shiny, shiny jewel
And if they all get wind, it'll end up like a jacuzzi!

mum23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Joe270
Banned

Joe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJoe270 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
What I want to know, though, is what the heck is that big area of yellow water...? o.O
Watch out where those huskies go,
and don't you eat that yellow snow.
Joe270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:41 PM   #5
dclary
Survivor

dclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdclary is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's awesome.

The yellow, btw, looks like it's part of the pool-bottom design.

Hard Hobbit to Break: A hobbit from the Shire, lost in Los Angeles.

Big Fat Loser Diet: My weight loss journal.
Website a Week: A challenge to design a new website every week.
DavidWClary.com: Keep up with all the other DWC sites here
dclary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:47 PM   #6
WordGypsy

WordGypsy is a shiny, shiny jewelWordGypsy is a shiny, shiny jewel
We have this in my town in Ohio too. It's on Saturday. Still deciding whether to take my parent's dog or not. He thinks he's a human and wouldn't condescend to play with the other dogs at the the dog park yesterday...

I'm on Goodreads! http://tinyurl.com/ydkadyp
Preorder A Touch Mortal: http://tinyurl.com/235ssax
WordGypsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 09:46 PM   #7
Sassee
Momma Wolf

Sassee should run for PresidentSassee should run for PresidentSassee should run for PresidentSassee should run for PresidentSassee should run for PresidentSassee should run for President
Several pools in colorado do this, not just Fort Collins. (Which I didn't know until my husband told me just now.) I'm thinkin I'll have to go next year just so I can live vicariously through other dog owners. <wants puppy!>

Sassee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:28 PM   #8
Southern_girl29

Southern_girl29 is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSouthern_girl29 is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSouthern_girl29 is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSouthern_girl29 is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSouthern_girl29 is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSouthern_girl29 is better than ice cream with hot fudgeSouthern_girl29 is better than ice cream with hot fudge
We have this here, too. I just ran something about it a few issues ago.
Southern_girl29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 10:35 PM   #9
maestrowork
Fear the Death Ray

maestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmaestrowork is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
But.. .but... what about cats? I want to see kitty plunge (and the bloody arms of their owners)...

I didn't want to work. It was as simple as that. I distrusted work, disliked it. I thought it was a very bad thing that the human race had unfortunately invented for itself.
-- Agatha Christie

The Pacific Between • A Bunch of Stories
(2006 IPPY Award)

WIP: Beyond the Banyan Tree - draft 9, 125,000 words

Home Page | Blog | Reviews
maestrowork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:16 PM   #10
Azraelsbane
Agony is defeat

Location: In front of the Almighty, on the wrong side of the chessboard
Azraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAzraelsbane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestrowork View Post
But.. .but... what about cats? I want to see kitty plunge (and the bloody arms of their owners)...
I'm with you. I'd pay to get into one of those. Better than monster trucks.

"The dreadful thing is that beauty is not only terrifying but also mysterious. God and the Devil are fighting there, and their battlefield is the heart of man. But a man's heart wants to speak only of its own ache. Listen, now I'll tell you what it says..." ~Dostoevsky The Brothers Karamazov

Fantasy:

Elysian Flames- 88,000 words <Was hat dich bloß so ruiniert?>

Queries Out: 0

Your book is teh suck, try digging ditches to bury it in plz kthxbai: 6

www.granitewindstarr.com
(under some serious construction)
Azraelsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #11
JLCwrites

JLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A cat pool would be awesome! Can I bring my neighbor's cats?

Short Stories Published

"Teleporter" in What If: Collection of Science Fiction Short Stories by ReadMe Publishing

"Unlocked" in No Rest for the Wicked by Rainstorm Press
JLCwrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:22 PM   #12
KTC
THE REASONS - Now Available!

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
my dog prefers creeks. she takes the plunge daily on our walks...but that looks very cool!
KTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:24 PM   #13
KTC

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Lurkey View Post
A cat pool would be awesome! Can I bring my neighbor's cats?

only if you put them in a burlap bag with rocks and tie the opening really tight!
Old 09-07-2007, 11:40 PM   #14
NeuroFizz
The grad students did it

NeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Our city is doing this same thing next week, I think it is. We may take our yellow lab for a dip. She loves water, anywhere, anytime.
Agnes Hahn (Psychological Suspense 2008) Medallion Press Silver Medal, 2009 IPPY awards, Horror category
Imola (Sequel to Agnes Hahn 2009) - Medallion Press
3.99 (Psychological Suspense/Mystery 2012) - Musa 2014 EPIC e-book awards Finalist, Paranormal category
NeuroFizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 11:41 PM   #15
KTC

is pool water okay for their skin?
Old 09-07-2007, 11:44 PM   #16
JLCwrites

JLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJLCwrites is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm wondering what it does to the pool filter!

Short Stories Published

"Teleporter" in What If: Collection of Science Fiction Short Stories by ReadMe Publishing

"Unlocked" in No Rest for the Wicked by Rainstorm Press
JLCwrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:07 AM   #17
Elincoln
Official Daydreamer of AW

Elincoln leaves trails of profuse coolnessElincoln leaves trails of profuse coolnessElincoln leaves trails of profuse coolnessElincoln leaves trails of profuse coolnessElincoln leaves trails of profuse coolness
Oh that would be fun if one of the towns here did that. But I doubt they will. We can't get them to open the park to dogs, let alone the pools.

Elincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 12:17 AM   #18
NeuroFizz
The grad students did it

NeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeuroFizz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I had a backyard swimming pool in Arizona, and my lab loved it. It wasn't hard on her skin, but she was susceptible to sunburn. I had to clean out the filter twice as often before we put in a pool fence as after (when we controlled the dog's swimming). We put the fence in to not only keep the dog out of the water, but because we had a toddler and a baby at the time.

And, here, the city does it after Labor Day when the public pool is closed and scheduled for its annual clean-out and winter hibernation.
Agnes Hahn (Psychological Suspense 2008) Medallion Press Silver Medal, 2009 IPPY awards, Horror category
3.99 (Psychological Suspense/Mystery 2012) - Musa 2014 EPIC e-book awards Finalist, Paranormal category
Old 09-08-2007, 12:19 AM   #19
KTC

My Franny is susceptible to sunburn too. Her poor nose got burned summer before last. I felt so bad! I imagine she would kill a pool filter. She sheds like mad!
Old 09-08-2007, 12:45 AM   #20
NeuroFizz
The grad students did it

When I had the pool built, I opted for the cartridge filters instead of the sand or DE (diatomaceous earth) filters. I could just hose the cartridges off on the driveway. The other types had to be backwashed, which was a pain, and used way more water.