Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2007, 04:38 AM   #1
Harimum
figuring it all out

Harimum is well-respected
Hi again

Hi again. Blimey it's been ages, I was pregnant with my son the last time I was here. I'm now the proud mummy of 6 month old Harry and since he's started sleeping for up to 2 hours at a time I'm getting the chance to write again. I had no idea that babies took so much energy! I thought he would fit into my lifestyle but it turns out that I have to change the lifestyle to adapt to him! lol.

Hopefully will get back into writing a bit more now.

xxx

Last edited by Harimum; 07-16-2007 at 04:10 AM.
Harimum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 06:59 AM   #2
TrainofThought
Hündin von einem Schriftsteller

TrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTrainofThought is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome back, Harimum and Congratulations! Take care.
TrainofThought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:03 AM   #3
oarsman
Salt water is the cure

oarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Glad you're back, Harimum! And, a big welcome to Harry!
Old 07-15-2007, 07:05 AM   #4
Mel
Never be completely back to normal.

Mel is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMel is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMel is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMel is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMel is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMel is better than ice cream with hot fudgeMel is better than ice cream with hot fudge
back, Harimum! Enjoy while you can 'cause babies grow fast!

Last edited by Mel; 07-15-2007 at 08:53 AM. Reason: spelling, sheesh
Mel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:11 AM   #5
san_remo_ave
Kissin' frogs!

san_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudgesan_remo_ave is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Hi Harimum

Welcome back

FORTNEY FOLLIES, a Regency romance series from Harlequin Historical Undone!
san_remo_ave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 11:31 AM   #6
Nickie
Not too old to learn

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Glad to see you back, Harimum! And yes, babies do take a lot of time! But I'm sure you wouldn't want to miss Harry.

Nickie
Nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 12:34 PM   #7
JennaGlatzer
wishes you happiness

JennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJennaGlatzer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Harimum! I'm learning that same lesson (mine's 4 months old). But, egads, only up to 2 hours at a time? At night? Or do you just mean for naps?

Welcome back!
Old 07-15-2007, 01:30 PM   #8
kristie911
Happy to be here

kristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome back Harimum!

Just to warn you, it doesn't get better...my "baby" will be 3 in a week and I still don't have much time to write! Oh but aren't they worth it?
Old 07-15-2007, 02:00 PM   #9
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey, Harimum, again. That's super about your little kiddie. I don't think we've met, but I'm sure you'll get to know me by my repping you.
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #10
JJ Cooper

JJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJJ Cooper is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome back.

JJ

My second, Deadly Trust, was published by Random House Australia in August 2010.

Random House Page - 'White knuckle writing from Australia's answer to Andy McNab'

www.jjcooperauthor.com

'Raw, tough, and uncompromising - exactly what a great thriller needs to be.'
Lee Child, International bestselling author

'A rip-roaring plot that bursts from the gate and never lets up.'
Lisa Unger, International bestselling author

'Packed with intrigue and authentic detail, full of twists, THE INTERROGATOR is a memorable debut.'
Jeff Abbott, International bestselling author
JJ Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:30 AM   #11
Ol' Fashioned Girl
Irish to my roots & an
AW Moderator

Ol' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsOl' Fashioned Girl is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome home.

Click us... come on! Click us. You want to. You know you do.
Ol' Fashioned Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:37 AM   #12
Harimum
figuring it all out

Thanks guys (I love this place!) Well he sleeps for up to 5 hours at night but during the day he won't sleep for more than an hour or two at a time.

Still, like you say, I wouldn't miss a second of it and I'm only too aware of how fast the time goes - in one way it's like I want him to stay a baby for longer bcz I'm enjoying having him all to myself and in another way I'm enjoying each new milestone...

Last edited by Harimum; 07-16-2007 at 04:11 AM. Reason: added new sig
Harimum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #13
Mud Dauber
writing on the wall

Mud Dauber has a spectacular auraMud Dauber has a spectacular aura
Welcome, Harimum. My kids are a bit older than your little guy (7 and 9), but I do know that we moms have to become very creative, and very proficient at working in our writing time whenever we can. Sounds like you've got a handle on it, getting down to business during nap time. Just make sure you deactivate your internet when he naps, or you'll spend all your time lurking and posting on AW. Or is that just me?

~Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper until drops of blood form on your forehead.~ Gene Fowler
Mud Dauber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #14
narnia
practical experience, FTW

narnia is a glorious beacon of lightnarnia is a glorious beacon of light
Hi Harimum, nice to meet you!

You will be afraid!

Lurking in the Castle at Cair Paravel
narnia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:55 AM   #15
Harimum
figuring it all out

thank you!
Old 07-27-2007, 06:04 AM   #16
Glenda
practical experience, FTW

Glenda has a spectacular aura
and back to the Water Cooler and congrats on the baby.

Join me @ my hangout.
Writer's Haven

I have my own Space, feel free to
Be My Friend
Glenda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 06:09 AM   #17
Mystery1
Make-believe

Mystery1 has a spectacular aura
Smile

Hello Harimum.......Welcome to AW