Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2007, 08:54 PM   #1
clockwork
In the zone...
SuperModerator

clockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsclockwork is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The Great Big AW Caption Competition

What on earth is going on here?

Suggest your caption below. Once we've laughed off our collective asses, a new picture can be posted.

Tally ho for comedy!

clockwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:00 PM   #2
William Haskins
Prolix
Absolute Sage

William Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliam Haskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
2006 "point to your cataract" champions earl and mabel snidely show off their skills.

Thorn Forest: A Poem in Progress
Updated July 12, 2014

PoisonPen.net
Online Poetry Archive

William Haskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:03 PM   #3
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Gunther 'snappy dresser' Cromer and his wife, 'Horizontal Stripe' Helga, recount the great suspender disaster of 1938, when Abe's braces suddenly let loose during a passionate embrace, causing each to be struck in one eye.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cray View Post
we should probably end it with those sage words.
thank you, artee.
*locks thread*
Rolling Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
Meerkat
Claims the loan was a gift

Meerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
prehistoric birds

quick, everyone buy these books:

Jade Rabbit
Zen Scorpions
Boilerplate-Reich
Meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:08 PM   #5
alleycat
I make my own fun.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
With little else to occupy their time, Wally and Thelma often play the game "Let's poke our eye out".

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:10 PM   #6
Serenity
NCIS...

Location: ...cause sometimes you just need a slap on the head. :)
Serenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthoodSerenity is a candidate for sainthood
"I get to wear the glass eye today, you had it yesterday!"

"No, it's my turn to wear it!"

I'm not so good at the advice thing. Can I interest you in a sarcastic comment?
Serenity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:11 PM   #7
TsukiRyoko
Forced into cell phone life

TsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old Lady- "Well, you see, my husband was in the war and lost both eye balls in a terribly gory pencil throwing accident"

Old Man- "But luckily, my wife here had both eye balls, and gladly lended me her left one. In order keep the empty socket from getting infected, we have to rub triple antibiotic ointment into the membranes."

Old Lady- "You senile fart, I'm not your wife! I'm your sister!"

Old Man- "Then was were you doing to me with your empty eye socket last night? I could have sworn you- ohhhhhhh...."

Old Lady- "....Ahem.... Er, deary, what a lovely Persian rug we have!"

Old Man-"That's not Persian."

Old Lady- "That's it, I've had it!" *jabs old man in empty eye socket*

RIP Anthony Shane Taylor.
You will be loved and missed. I will never forget the tragic morning of Oct. 11, nor the many amazing times we spent together. You were one in a million and a great friend to many. Whatever's on the other side will treat you very well, and I know that someday I'll get the chance to see that shit eating grinning of yours again.
TsukiRyoko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:12 PM   #8
robeiae
AW's Foremost Intellectual (AWFI)

robeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsrobeiae is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"You have to really dig in from the side, Earl. Otherwise, it won't make that great popping sound when it comes out."

Learning to run, T'ai Chi style--blogging about running and Eastern philosophy
Ponds of Happenstance--blogging about politics, economics, and history
Sailor on the Ponds--tweeting about everything

A unanimous SCOTUS smackdown on Presidential power-grabbing...or is it?

Breathing during a run: find your center and run from within
More on the Altra Zero Drop shoe
robeiae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:13 PM   #9
kristie911
Happy to be here

kristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskristie911 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Bill and Maude practiced every day but they just couldn't get the hang of the Macarana.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #10
Meerkat
Claims the loan was a gift

Meerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMeerkat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sit down son, your mother and I have something to tell you. You know, we have really regretted having you, ever since you were just a gleam in our....well, right here:

quick, everyone buy these books:

Jade Rabbit
Zen Scorpions
Boilerplate-Reich
Meerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #11
alleycat
I make my own fun.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Unfortunately, the elderly couple failed miserably when asked to take a field sobriety test.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:14 PM   #12
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Rolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRolling Thunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Police report that a small dog, possibly a chihuahua wielding a syringe, attacked two elderly AW mods yesterday, nearly blinding them in one eye. Be on the lookout for this villain. A reward is offered for its capture and forced neutering.

Quote:
thank you, artee.
*locks thread*
Old 01-30-2007, 09:16 PM   #13
Unique
Agent of Doom

Unique is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnique is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnique is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnique is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnique is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnique is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnique is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnique is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnique is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnique is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUnique is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Damn arthritis. It's just not the same flipping them off with your index finger.
Unique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:17 PM   #14
TsukiRyoko

TsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTsukiRyoko is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rllgthunder View Post
Police report that a small dog, possibly a chihuahua wielding a syringe, attacked two elderly AW mods yesterday, nearly blinding them in one eye. Be on the lookout for this villain. A reward is offered for its capture and forced neutering.
I am amatuer neuter-ist. I've already neutered Bart, Spooky, Alan, and Spork.

You will be loved and missed. I will never forget the tragic morning of Oct. 11, nor the many amazing times we spent together. You were one in a million and a great friend to many. Whatever's on the other side will treat you very well, and I know that someday I'll get the chance to see that shit eating grinning of yours again.
Old 01-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #15
tourdeforce
Banned

tourdeforce has a double-platinum reputationtourdeforce has a double-platinum reputationtourdeforce has a double-platinum reputationtourdeforce has a double-platinum reputationtourdeforce has a double-platinum reputationtourdeforce has a double-platinum reputationtourdeforce has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:

Despite the product description, even Jerry didn't believe the bookends would actually be life-size.
tourdeforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:19 PM   #16
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TsukiRyoko View Post
I am amatuer neuter-ist. I've already neutered Bart, Spooky, Alan, and Spork.
Ready to move up to the 'big league', are you?

Quote:
thank you, artee.
*locks thread*
Old 01-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #17
wm_bookworm
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

wm_bookworm is on a distinguished road
Edgar and Edna Garfunkle (above) have started the latest craze to hit the playground. It is a new rendition of Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes. However, as they gladly demonstrate, the kids always seem to poke themselves when they get to Eye.
wm_bookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:22 PM   #18
TsukiRyoko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rllgthunder View Post
Ready to move up to the 'big league', are you?
Oh my yes. I'm so tired of small jobs

Old 01-30-2007, 09:28 PM   #19
alleycat
I make my own fun.
SuperModerator

George Brumlett and his wife Georgina practice for their new jobs as umpires for Major League Baseball.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:32 PM   #20
Rolling Thunder
Free.

Octogenarians and super glue. A bad combination or trendy new fad?

Quote:
thank you, artee.
*locks thread*
Old 01-30-2007, 09:33 PM   #21
aadams73
A Work in Progress

aadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaadams73 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Gerturde and Arthur: keeping one eye on the porn industry.

Website | Blog | Openings That Work | Twitter | Goodreads | Facebook | Google+

WHITE HORSE, coming April 17 (US/Canada), April 24 (Australia), and April 26 (UK), 2012 from Emily Bestler Books/Atria (Simon & Schuster).
aadams73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:37 PM   #22
JIMBOS
figuring it all out

JIMBOS is on a distinguished road
Wink

We only did it till we needed glasses!
Old 01-30-2007, 09:43 PM   #23
alleycat
I make my own fun.
SuperModerator

Bill and Grace practice for their upcoming eye exam at the DMV.

Old 01-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #24
Carrie in PA
Back on Track

Carrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarrie in PA is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You jab your fingers in, you pull your fingers out!
You jab your fingers in and you rub them all about,
Do the hokey pokey and you turn yourself around,
That's what it's all about!
Carrie in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:49 PM   #25
MidnightMuse
Midnight Reading

MidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMidnightMuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"Then Ethel said: Well it's better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. Turns out she was right."