Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Religious and Spiritual Writing > Jewish
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-01-2006, 02:21 PM   #1
TeddyG
The Other Shoe Will Fall!

TeddyG should run for PresidentTeddyG should run for PresidentTeddyG should run for PresidentTeddyG should run for PresidentTeddyG should run for PresidentTeddyG should run for President
On The Eve Of Yom Kippur

On the eve of Yom Kippur:

My children tell me that I am very weird because Yom Kippur is my favorite holiday. We fast for around 25 hours and are in synagogue for most of the day or all of it.

Yom Kippur is what the press calls "the holiest day of the Jewish Year." This is true in many ways. It is a day of solemn thought and prayer. It is a day where we traditionally hope for the best in the coming new year.

We fast, we pray, we think, we are involved in introspection.
And we wonder...we wonder what the new year will bring. what surprises, hurdles, challenges, happiness and sorrow awaits us.

Yom Kippur is my favorite holiday for many reasons. The most important of which is the fact that I get to look at my children and wonder if the world I am going to leave them will be that much better than the world my father left me. Will it be kinder? more compassionate? more understanding of the foibles of others?

At the end of the day, when the sun goes down and we stand before the throne of He who rules this world, with our hopes and our tears, our thoughts and our dreams, we can only hope that this world will be blessed with friendship and love, kindness and compassion, intelligence and wisdom - and that our tears and our dreams will be laid before the ubiquitous throne and treasured, seen and heard.

To all those who are ill or have ill ones in their family
(especially for Susie and September Skies)
May your loved ones be granted a full and complete recovery. May sickness turn to health and sorrow turn to joy.

For all those who do fast have an easy fast...
For all those at AW - may kindness and compassion always guide your ways
May your dreams be fulfilled
May you, whether you believe in a God or believe in nothing - find the wishes of your heart fulfilled for the good.

May this new year be full of the sweetness of honey and may we know the joy and happiness of life and revel in its beautiful gift.
& Win $50 Amazon GC In The Great Cake Recipe Contest

TeddyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:21 AM   #2
September skies
cloud watching

September skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
How beautiful. Thank you, Teddy.
September skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 12:42 AM   #3
DeborahM
I need espresso & chocolate!

DeborahM is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDeborahM is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDeborahM is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDeborahM is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDeborahM is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDeborahM is better than ice cream with hot fudgeDeborahM is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Absolutely beautiful, Teddy. Thank you. And peace be with you.

As Deb drifts toward bottom, mask held in place
Her mirth climbs to the surface, fins drawn in grace
And young niece sifting bubbles, rises in space
To join aunt in this peace, love born to haste. - Silver King
DeborahM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:57 PM   #4
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Teddy, you're kind post is most appreciated! It means a lot to me and howie and hope that your holiday is just what you wanted it to be. Thank you very much!

Please check out my book on this link. Thanks.
https://www.createspace.com/4742539
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=138688
HOF link: http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8514909#post8514909
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...07#post7397507
verning is the only way to travel!
*Prelicks Suze - It's the next best thing to getting Laverned*
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 02:17 AM   #5
Kate Thornton
Still Happy to be Here. Or Anywhere

Kate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKate Thornton is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Teddy, your post is poetry. Thank you.
Kate Thornton is offline   Reply With Quote