Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2006, 04:42 AM   #1
SpookyWriter
Banned

SpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Daddy, will you buy me a new car?

My daughter is turning 22 on May 22nd and needed a new car. I had promised to help because she really needs reliable transportation. Plus she is coming to Texas with my other daughter (19y.o) next Friday and they purchased one-way tickets. I was putting off looking until the last weekend. I went to my favorite dealer, know the GM, and picked out a car for her.

Wait until she sees it? I did send her an email and she probably won't even check her mail until sometime next week. Yep, she's going to be surprised.

Little red car

A parent can go broke like this... What next?
SpookyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:47 AM   #2
Forbidden Snowflake
I'm quite put out.

Forbidden Snowflake leaves trails of profuse coolnessForbidden Snowflake leaves trails of profuse coolnessForbidden Snowflake leaves trails of profuse coolnessForbidden Snowflake leaves trails of profuse coolnessForbidden Snowflake leaves trails of profuse coolness
Ha, I want a new Dad. Can you adopt me?

I've always trusted Severus Snape.

Blog: http://www.vinjii.ch
Forbidden Snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:49 AM   #3
SpookyWriter
Banned

SpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSpookyWriter is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Snowflake
Ha, I want a new Dad. Can you adopt me?
I don't know, can you cook?
Old 05-21-2006, 04:51 AM   #4
Forbidden Snowflake
I'm quite put out.

Forbidden Snowflake leaves trails of profuse coolnessForbidden Snowflake leaves trails of profuse coolnessForbidden Snowflake leaves trails of profuse coolnessForbidden Snowflake leaves trails of profuse coolnessForbidden Snowflake leaves trails of profuse coolness
Actually, YES! Everything you want!

I've always trusted Severus Snape.

Blog: http://www.vinjii.ch
Forbidden Snowflake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:52 AM   #5
veinglory
volitare nequeo
AW Moderator

veinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsveinglory is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Very nice. I had to wait til I could buy my own first car, this year, at the age of 33... and it's a 17 year old lemon. sigh. Oh well. I'm sure it's good for my character or something.
Old 05-21-2006, 04:56 AM   #6
Anya Smith
House Dragon

Anya Smith leaves trails of profuse coolnessAnya Smith leaves trails of profuse coolnessAnya Smith leaves trails of profuse coolnessAnya Smith leaves trails of profuse coolnessAnya Smith leaves trails of profuse coolness
Nice car. You're such a good Dad.

My parents didn't buy me a car. I was 23 and still drove a junk. Oh well, the good old days.

Anya Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 04:57 AM   #7
SpookyWriter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbidden Snowflake
Actually, YES! Everything you want!
Old 05-21-2006, 05:02 AM   #8
SpookyWriter
Banned

The car I purchased isn't a 2006 model, but a 2005 Dodge Neon with 15k miles. But the price was right and I got some extras thrown in.

I drive an older car because it fits my personality. If I had a choice, I'd drive a real cluncker but my son lives with me so I can't. Otherwise, I putter around in a $750 car.

I have to buy my other daughter a car by January and my son a car next year. Errr...

I too didn't have parents who could or would help me financially. I am just so glad that I can help my family, and friends.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:06 AM   #9
PeeDee
Where's my tea, please...?

PeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My wife and I bought a 2003 Dode Neon SXT (which is the same as that Neon in the picture, only with a spoiler....you know, for when the Neon goes super-fast). We bough it new in 2003, and it hasn't let us down yet. It's my wife's car, I don't drive, but it's a good car.

Very cool, though. Very lucky daughter. I'm red-headed, so if you need a stepchild to beat, you can adopt me.
PeeDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:06 AM   #10
Christine N.
is not the avatar thief

Christine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
At the price of gas, I want a Smart Car.

Actually, I'd love one of those Mini's.

Young Adult Fantasy Author

A CURSE OF ASH AND IRON: Watch this space!

Represented by Jordy Albert of Booker Albert Literary

I tweet

Young Adult Authors You've Never Heard Of
Christine N. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:08 AM   #11
PeeDee

PeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPeeDee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I like the Minis too. I'm not sure why. Certainly, my wife doesn't like them any. I think they're cool little cars. If I drove, I think I'd like to have one.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:09 AM   #12
SpookyWriter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeDee
I'm red-headed, so if you need a stepchild to beat, you can adopt me.
Go figure! I'm a red-head also, so I am my own stepchild? Hahahaaa...
Old 05-21-2006, 05:10 AM   #13
SpookyWriter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine N.
At the price of gas, I want a Smart Car.

Actually, I'd love one of those Mini's.
I spend about $30 a month on gas.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:12 AM   #14
PeeDee

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpookyWriter
Go figure! I'm a red-head also, so I am my own stepchild? Hahahaaa...
Does that mean you beat yourself?

.....urk.

Moving on, I spend $0.00 a month on gas. The joy of walking. Of course, the gas money comes outta my paycheck too, mind you, but that's not the point.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:13 AM   #15
SpookyWriter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeDee
Does that mean you beat yourself?

.....urk.

Moving on, I spend $0.00 a month on gas. The joy of walking. Of course, the gas money comes outta my paycheck too, mind you, but that's not the point.
Just where is it that you walk? Not the states, I take it.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:15 AM   #16
PeeDee

Well, living in the states means I walk AROUND IN the states....

I walk to work, I walk home, I walk to the Mall and the coffee shop and the bookstore (all places I write) and I walk to the Nature Reserve a mile down the road and wander the paths and get happily lost in the forest, and sometimes I just walk outta town for a few miles. All fun things to do.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:16 AM   #17
WDS
practical experience, FTW

WDS is on a distinguished road
Oooo that car is shiny!
Old 05-21-2006, 05:22 AM   #18
SpookyWriter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDS
Oooo that car is shiny!
Her car is better than mine...
Old 05-21-2006, 05:30 AM   #19
AOD23
Resident Hoplite

AOD23 is on a distinguished road
Damn, I wish I had a parent like you. I'm looking at the prospect of buying my first car now...damn hard to find one when your on a budget and dont wanna have to get a loan.

AOD23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 05:39 AM   #20
September skies
cloud watching

September skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSeptember skies is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What a sweet (sugar) daddy you are!
I think that's a great little red car for her - economical and all.
September skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:14 AM   #21
Carole
How 'bout some ether?

Carole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCarole is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Cute car! The first car I had when ex-jerk and I separated in '98 was a 1987 Cutlass Supreme POS. It became my trademark, that crappy car, especially after someone nearly totaled it for me in the middle of the night in my parking lot.

My older son just lost the clutch in his brother's POS Nissan truck. His POS Audi isn't even roadworthy right now.
Carole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:45 AM   #22
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wow.

I remember the car my mom bought me when I graduated high school. A 1968 Rambler for $200 from our neighbor.

“I love words but I don’t like strange ones. You don’t understand them and they don’t understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know ‘em the minute you see ‘em.” -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 08:46 AM   #23
Puddle Jumper

So now when you're 19 year old turns 22 she'll expect a new car too. And if you don't give her one, she'll think you like her big sister better than her. Oh the bag of worms you just opened! Have any more kids?

My dad bought each of his kids a car when we were in high school, but we're talking way old and used cars that had to go to the shop frequently. I was so happy when I finally got a real job and could buy my own and get rid of it!
Old 05-21-2006, 10:15 AM   #24
SpookyWriter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puddle Jumper
So now when you're 19 year old turns 22 she'll expect a new car too. And if you don't give her one, she'll think you like her big sister better than her. Oh the bag of worms you just opened! Have any more kids?

My dad bought each of his kids a car when we were in high school, but we're talking way old and used cars that had to go to the shop frequently. I was so happy when I finally got a real job and could buy my own and get rid of it!
I do have more kids, but I fail to see the problem with giving them a head start (small) in life. My kids are and will complete university as well. Parents are supposed to sacrafice for their children, a car or paying for college is my love for them. No problems here...
Old 05-21-2006, 10:20 AM   #25
writerterri
It's a dorky day!

writerterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswriterterri is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What a nice daddy.

Check out my etsy shop!
Awesome new stuff just posted! TerriberriOriginals.etsy.com

Now that the hard stuff is out of the way, the easy stuff should be all up hill. TL Wies

The tallest mountain you will ever climb is getting over yourself.

writerterri is offline   Reply With Quote