Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-26-2006, 05:32 PM   #1
aruna
On a wing and a prayer

aruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The AW Family Album

Here we go....
This is my favourite picture of my kids...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg miroandsas.jpg (25.9 KB, 2324 views)

Facebook

Now Out Yes it's a linky! USA
On Amazon! Yes, that's a linky too! UK

"You must be the change you wish to see in the world"
- Gandhi
aruna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #2
Stew21
SuperModerator

Stew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

that's the bigger version of my avatar: Kyle on the left, daddy in the middle, Jack on the right.

That's me and my husband Jason (aka Stew)

that's my boys. I took that picture when Jack was about a week old. Its still my favorite of them.

This one tiptoes, quite beautifully
Thief

Fear of flying?
Aerophobia in poetry forum

You know who they are. Dharma Queens by Kylabelle

Kie's latest beauty

More poetry links coming soon!
Stew21 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:40 PM   #3
poetinahat
on holiday
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
My three redheads and me

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:41 PM   #4
aruna
On a wing and a prayer

aruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsaruna is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinahat
But where?????

Facebook

- Gandhi
Old 04-26-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
poetinahat
on holiday
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
That's a link to our photo page.

poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 05:56 PM   #6
jenngreenleaf
Here to network and learn.

jenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudge
This is my favorite picture of my youngest.

I started a photo album for while my kid's dad is in Iraq, but I've been horrible at updating it ever since they started using the webcam. Here is is:

http://brettmike.livejournal.com/
jenngreenleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
aruna
On a wing and a prayer

Lovely photos! Makes me want to start a family album, too. What's the best place?

Facebook

- Gandhi
Old 04-26-2006, 06:24 PM   #8
jenngreenleaf

jenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudgejenngreenleaf is better than ice cream with hot fudge
I store all of mine on photobucket.com so I can share them easily (plus it's where I host my ebay pictures, so it's just easier to keep it all in one place). I heard flckr.com is a good option, but I haven't looked into it yet.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:32 PM   #9
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Man, I wish digital photography had existed when the kids were small. I'd feel safe posting one of those pictures (scanning them all is on my to-do list), less so posting relatively recent photos. Shh, don't tell them--or if you do, at least tell them I didn't put their names up here, too, just silly nicknames.

This is Walder Frey:

And this is The Grumkin:

Maryn, who's got the hair-growing gene out the wazoo
Old 04-26-2006, 06:46 PM   #10
Pat~
Luftmensch Emeritus, A.D.D.

Pat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPat~ is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Here're some from last Christmas :-).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Pat christmas pic family 2005 pic 011.jpg (30.0 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg XMAS2005websmall 014.jpg (26.3 KB, 390 views)

Every writer is a skater, who must go partly where he would and partly where the skates carry him ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

Inspiration will find you, but it must find you working. ~ Picasso

Website

Life

Last edited by Pat~; 04-26-2006 at 06:58 PM.
Pat~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 06:47 PM   #11
Stew21
SuperModerator

Stew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsStew21 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennhollowell
I store all of mine on photobucket.com so I can share them easily (plus it's where I host my ebay pictures, so it's just easier to keep it all in one place). I heard flckr.com is a good option, but I haven't looked into it yet.
Mine are on photobucket too.

Thief

Fear of flying?

Kie's latest beauty

Old 04-26-2006, 06:58 PM   #12
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There's a reason why I don't have my kids pics on myspace and why I'm even leery of posting them here, even though I trust you guys.

There are just too many pervs out there and I'm paranoid as hell when it comes to my kids.

I love words but I dont like strange ones. You dont understand them and they dont understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know em the minute you see em. -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:00 PM   #13
CurtisCandy
figuring it all out

CurtisCandy is a shiny, shiny jewelCurtisCandy is a shiny, shiny jewel
My littlest one is the joy of my life. These two were taken at The Bronx Zoo and on a whale watch out of Hampton Beach, NH:

CurtisCandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:04 PM   #14
jenngreenleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Ferret
There's a reason why I don't have my kids pics on myspace and why I'm even leery of posting them here, even though I trust you guys.

There are just too many pervs out there and I'm paranoid as hell when it comes to my kids.
I felt the same way about that photo journal I made up -- I thought about making it a locked journal, but then I realized that anything with any kind of effort involved stops my ex-husband in his tracks . . . so I had to do something user-friendly for him. Do you think I should be worried??? I'm really naive about things like this.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:07 PM   #15
Shadow_Ferret
Did I do that?

Shadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShadow_Ferret is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Not really, I'm just paranoid. I really don't think anyone is going to go to myspace, see my kids, and actively seek them out.

Now if my kids had their OWN myspace, that's another story.

I love words but I dont like strange ones. You dont understand them and they dont understand you. Old words is like old friends, you know em the minute you see em. -- Will Rogers

"Blame it on my ADD, baby." -- AWOLNATION
Shadow_Ferret is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:07 PM   #16
Stew21
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennhollowell
I felt the same way about that photo journal I made up -- I thought about making it a locked journal, but then I realized that anything with any kind of effort involved stops my ex-husband in his tracks . . . so I had to do something user-friendly for him. Do you think I should be worried??? I'm really naive about things like this.
maybe I'm too trusting, but I don't give out a lot of personal info and don't think I have to worry about it. that's just me.

Thief

Fear of flying?

Kie's latest beauty

Old 04-26-2006, 07:18 PM   #17
jenngreenleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Ferret
Not really, I'm just paranoid. I really don't think anyone is going to go to myspace, see my kids, and actively seek them out.

Now if my kids had their OWN myspace, that's another story.
Okay -- I have to agree with you on that one. I saw a recent news show (20/20? Primetime?) where MySpace was used as a way to lure preditors into a home where they believed young people would be . . . and then they were arrested after an awkward interview. I think, when my kids are older, they'll be steered cleaer of sites such as this one. I had some weirdos contacting me even though I made it clear in my profile that I wasn't interested in hooking up with anyone . . . so, yeah, my kids won't participate.
Old 04-26-2006, 07:18 PM   #18
jenngreenleaf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew21
maybe I'm too trusting, but I don't give out a lot of personal info and don't think I have to worry about it. that's just me.
I might be a little too trusthing, too. LOL
Old 04-26-2006, 07:38 PM   #19
GPatten
Dang...

GPatten is a splendid one to beholdGPatten is a splendid one to beholdGPatten is a splendid one to behold
I dont have any photos of my former wife other than one and I have only two photos of the two boys I raised, long story.

This is when we were married and were too dumb and full of... well, never mind. I was stick skinny then.

this is one of a lady friend who came to my moms funeral, stayed for a few months, got homesick, and went back to North Carolina.

She was stick skinny and weighed less than 90 pounds.

Here is my youngest son, peter. This was taken long ago at
Disney World in Orlando where he was working. He was operating the boats at some kind of jungle trip, or something. He worked there at first in the haunted mansion, but he liked the jungle cruise the best.

This is my oldest son, Craig with his dog when he was living in Virginia.

And, this is me taken at least ten years ago, or more at work in the coffee break room by a young lady who worked with me. She caught me by surprise. She and her husband both worked and fished with me and she is a big mischief-maker. Im really not that serious, or mean as I look in the picture.

This is another one of me at work being foolish.

this is the mischievous young lady messing with one of the other leaders in my department. This is where I used to hang out.

This is the gang and I after a fishing party held at a hundred year old Florida mansion on the waterfront. It was owned by the man on the left of the girl who has her arm on my shoulder.

I forgot to add this. One of the young guys at work drew this up and presented it to me when I retired from the space center.

Dang...look at that...when that second light bulb comes on, it's...like...twice as bright in here!

Last edited by GPatten; 04-28-2006 at 08:05 AM.
GPatten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:48 PM   #20
pconsidine
Too Adorkable for Words

pconsidine should run for Presidentpconsidine should run for Presidentpconsidine should run for Presidentpconsidine should run for Presidentpconsidine should run for Presidentpconsidine should run for President
Well, they're not really my kids, but they're my kids (the one in the back is my girl, Alexandra). This is a shot of my nieces from a shoot for last year's Christmas card. My wife took the photo. I'd love to share a picture of her, but she's dead set against being photographed I'm sure that if we hadn't paid so much for the wedding photographer, she probably wouldn't have been in any of those pictures either.

Last edited by pconsidine; 04-26-2006 at 07:49 PM. Reason: Went with a bigger picture for easier viewing.
pconsidine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2006, 07:50 PM   #21
GPatten
Dang...

GPatten is a splendid one to beholdGPatten is a splendid one to beholdGPatten is a splendid one to behold
Maryn,

Quote:
Man, I wish digital photography had existed when the kids were small.
You might want to consider having your old photos digitally scanned professionally, for you personal use.

Dang...look at that...when that second light bulb comes on, it's...like...twice as bright in here!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:57 PM   #22
rich

Woody and I discussing the virtues of humor.
Courtesy Madame Tousand's Wax Museum, Manhattan, 12/06.
Old 04-26-2006, 08:03 PM   #23
GPatten
Dang...

My space is not where I would store my personal photos; it is not safe. I dont even want to go there, at all from what Ive heard.

Old 04-26-2006, 08:28 PM   #24
GPatten
Dang...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritams8
Here's my little guy. Isn't he cute
Of Of course he is. LOL

Old 04-26-2006, 08:44 PM   #25
aruna
On a wing and a prayer

Thanks for al the lovely photos; it's nice to put a face to some names - and find out that people you thought ewere female are male, and vice versa!

Next question: whose name would you like to put a face to? You get to name one person. I vote for: MacAllister! Tired of that squashed gopher....

Facebook

- Gandhi