Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Blogging and Social Networking
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 04-21-2006, 10:57 PM   #1
obitwriter

Your Obituary

Writing your obituary is a surprisingly uplifting exercise. Give it a shot and post it at YouDied. Have fun.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:04 PM   #2
janetbellinger
practical experience, FTW

janetbellinger leaves trails of profuse coolnessjanetbellinger leaves trails of profuse coolnessjanetbellinger leaves trails of profuse coolnessjanetbellinger leaves trails of profuse coolnessjanetbellinger leaves trails of profuse coolness
Too superstitious.

Originality is nothing by judicious imitation. The most original writers borrowed one from another.
Author:
Voltaire

janetbellinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 11:10 PM   #3
obitwriter

It's not ...

Famous people already have their obituary just about complete ... just waiting for a few last details. Writing it allows one to reflect on your life and either be happy with it or recognize some changes need to be made - BEFORE - it's too late.
Old 04-21-2006, 11:18 PM   #4
rich

I've done it dozens of times, once as Julius Ceasar, once as J. Edgar Hoover. It's fascinating.

Seriously, it's a good exercise.
Old 04-22-2006, 12:42 AM   #5
mdin
The late, the great XThe NavigatorX

mdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmdin is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I had a few people give me their obits when they knew they were dying. Once, a family member completely gutted and rewrote it after she (her mom) died, taking out all the stuff about the siblings and adding stuff about herself (the daughter). Ahh, capitalism.

My Art
mdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 01:13 AM   #6
Dawno
I Haz Most Wonderful Daughter EVAR
SuperModerator

Dawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi obitwriter - I hope you're not just a drive by! Please be welcome to AW and enjoy all the benefits of membership here. Hope to see more of you.
Dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 02:50 AM   #7
obitwriter

Thanks for the welcome! Definitely not a driveby.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:19 AM   #8
Dawno
I Haz Most Wonderful Daughter EVAR
SuperModerator

Dawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDawno is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm so glad! Thanks for stopping here with your first posts. Don't be a stranger!
Dawno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 06:53 AM   #9
L M Ashton
crazy spec fic writer

L M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputationL M Ashton has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Don't be a stranger!
Or, don't be stranger...

Seriously, though, that's an interesting idea. Thanks!

Instagram | Twitter | Facebook | Google+ | LinkedIn | Walking the World | Chilli & Chocolate
L M Ashton is offline   Reply With Quote