• Read this stickie before posting.

• In order to reduce the number of new members requesting a Beta reader before they're really ready for one, we've instituted a 50 post requirement before you can start a thread seeking a Beta reader.
    • You can still volunteer to Beta for someone else; just please don't request someone to Beta for you until you're more familiar with the community and our members.

Looking for a beta reader/critique partner - mainstream fiction

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruellae

The evil twin; plotting
Registered
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm looking for a beta reader for my completed novel, Dangerous Tenderness. It's mainstream/contemporary fiction, 120,000 words, and contains violence, sex, and lots of profanity. I'm happy to swap critiques also.

Here's a bit of a pitch:

At nineteen, Ras killed a crime boss and took his place. Six years later, he's one of the most powerful men in the city, and certainly the most dangerous. But when he puts a hit on Nate, a rogue drug dealer, he calls it off, seduced by Nate's ferocious, tenacious spirit.

Dinners, gifts, nights spent talking until the sun rises, to anyone else it’s clear this dangerous man has fallen in love. But Nate’s bleak history is written in his skin, track marks from time spent as a heroin addict and a prostitute, scars from an abusive mother he doesn't remember. And he knows what kind of man Ras is, a ruthless crime boss who has killed so many people he stopped counting.

Nate knows from bitter experience that love is dangerous, and Ras is the most dangerous man in the whole fucking city. But even when they manage to connect, Nate's tragic past and the shadows of the people Ras betrayed for power re-emerge.

If this sounds interesting, the first bit is in SYW. If you're interested in a trade, you can get a feel for my critiquing style there too. I'm looking for a deep critique of the plot and characters. Line editing would be a bonus but not strictly necessary.

It would be great to make this a long term partnership, and I'm happy to critique anything except YA. (I don't read it so I probably wouldn't be much help.)

PM me or post here and we can work something out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.