Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Bio, Autobio, and Memoir
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-25-2013, 12:51 AM   #1
Pushingfordream
Writing about life!

Pushingfordream is well-respected
First Draft?

First Draft?
I am writing memoir and I am probably going to finish the first draft in the next few months... The first draft will be rough and probably a bit disorganized. When i say that I think it will have difficult flowing. How would i go about editing it? Also anyone got techniques for me I keep jumping all of the place, I will have one paragraph about something, then i jump, like jumping in time... (I would like to make it flow)

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." -Benjamin Franklin
Pushingfordream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 04:41 AM   #2
Raison
practical experience, FTW

Raison is on a distinguished road
Have you considered taking a writing class? That could help you with a lot of the questions you're asking.
Raison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:16 AM   #3
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

You also might want to go into Basic Writing Questions here and look at the stickies.

And read Bill Roorbach's book Writing Life Stories, or Tristine Rainer's book Your Life as Story.

And try reading it out loud.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 02-26-2013, 10:43 PM   #4
Pushingfordream
Writing about life!

Pushingfordream is well-respected
Thanks for your help I will look up those books.

"Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing." -Benjamin Franklin
Pushingfordream is offline   Reply With Quote