Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > Tech Help
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-20-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
mirandashell
I was only joking! Honest!

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mouse problem - please excuse swearing....

I logged on to my puter about 20 mins ago and Windows downloaded a ' keyboard and mouse center'. I didn't worry too much until I realised it had set my mouse back to its default settings.

Which is a problem as I had my mouse set for right-click to be the default for clicking. And can I find the settings in the stupid 'Center'? Can I fuck!

I hate Windows! I really really hate Windows! I hate computers! With a passion!

And breathe........

I have MS 7 at the moment and have no idea where this thing is. Please help me!
Old 02-20-2013, 10:39 PM   #2
cbenoi1
Travelling around the sun

cbenoi1 should run for Presidentcbenoi1 should run for Presidentcbenoi1 should run for Presidentcbenoi1 should run for Presidentcbenoi1 should run for Presidentcbenoi1 should run for President
Control Panel --> Hardware And Sound --> Mouse --> Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center

or:

All Programs --> Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center --> Microsoft Mouse And Keyboard Center

-cb
cbenoi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:03 PM   #3
mirandashell

mirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmirandashell is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tried that. Can't find it. Can't find the thing that lets you change the settings for the clickers.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:11 PM   #4
cbenoi1
Travelling around the sun

cbenoi1 should run for Presidentcbenoi1 should run for Presidentcbenoi1 should run for Presidentcbenoi1 should run for Presidentcbenoi1 should run for Presidentcbenoi1 should run for President
Run As Administrator?

-cb
cbenoi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:14 PM   #5
mirandashell

I'm pretty illiterate about this stuff. So I'm not sure what that means.

Honestly, it used to be so simple. I just went into Control Panel > mouse and there it was.

Sigh.....
Old 02-20-2013, 11:29 PM   #6
Shakesbear
knows a hawk from a handsaw

Shakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthoodShakesbear is a candidate for sainthood
I also have a mouse problem! I have arrived home after a long weekend away to find a little furry thing has moved into my house. I hates mouses, I really hates them. Little so 'n' so has eaten 'stuff'. Bastard!

And my large kingdom for a little grave,
A little little grave, an obscure grave . . .

Shakesbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 11:41 PM   #7
Dorky
practical experience, FTW

Dorky has a spectacular aura
Open control panel and search for “Mouse” in the search bar. It’s easier than clicking through the options

Open the Mouse Properties and look for a checkbox option that says something like “switch the primary/secondary buttons.”
Old 02-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #8
mirandashell

I'll try that, thanks.

One question, if I uninstall the 'center' that Windows installed, will I get my old options back?

ETA: Yes I did! Hallelujah!

The next time Windows wants to download something, remind me to tell it to bugger off, please.......

Oh, and thank you to everyone for the suggestions.

Last edited by mirandashell; 02-20-2013 at 11:51 PM.
mirandashell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:03 AM   #9
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm still reeling at the thought of you knowing those shocking words.
Maryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:17 AM   #10
blacbird
That hairy-handed gent

blacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsblacbird is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakesbear View Post
I also have a mouse problem! I have arrived home after a long weekend away to find a little furry thing has moved into my house. I hates mouses, I really hates them. Little so 'n' so has eaten 'stuff'. Bastard!
For which problem I apply the antidote of catses.

caw
Old 02-21-2013, 02:19 AM   #11
mirandashell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryn View Post
I'm still reeling at the thought of you knowing those shocking words.
Who me? You poor innocent heart.....

If you think those were bad, good job you couldn't hear me when it first happened.....