Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Writing For Kids
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 11:29 AM   #1
Arislan
figuring it all out

Arislan is on a distinguished road
Don Freeman Grant Question

Posting this at my wife's request, she's a writer-illustrator:

I'm wondering whether or not it would hurt my chances of being published if I applied and by chance actually won (I should be so lucky) the the Don Freeman grant? Will they post the dummy submission on SCBWI? Would a publisher or agent not want to rep or publish me if the dummy is posted? I've already posted a section of the dummy in the artwork critic thread, should I not have done that?

Thanks,
Maggie

"Hunchback publishing is when your name is Victor Hugo. Humpback publishing is when you tattoo your novel on the back of a whale." Kitty E. Leyson
Arislan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:53 PM   #2
Smish
Reads more than she writes.
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Winning one of the SCBWI grants is a big deal and should only increase her chances of being published.
Old 02-26-2013, 02:43 AM   #3
Debbie V
Mentoring Myself and Others

Debbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolnessDebbie V leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smish View Post
Winning one of the SCBWI grants is a big deal and should only increase her chances of being published.

This. Very much this.
Debbie V is offline   Reply With Quote