Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013, 03:49 PM   #1
AngelWriter42
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

AngelWriter42 is on a distinguished road
Smile Just Landed

Hello all!

I am currently working on my first fiction novel. I'm at the point where I have a great deal of segments written and I'm swimming around in all the pages attempting to bring them together. I also write memoir and love reading and writing poetry. My mom loved to write and passed it on to me. A few years ago I took a writing class in my area and the support and guidance of it has brought me here to a place where I am taking my writing seriously (hopefully not too seriously!).

I look forward to connecting the fellow writers. May the force be with us!

Work in progress: The Mother Tree - a fictional journey through 12-year old Rachel Green's spirited world of ancient blood, native roots and magic.
AngelWriter42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
regdog
Pirate Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:03 PM   #3
Rockweaver
practical experience, FTW

Rockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputation
Welcome aboard

Happiness is like a bird. The damn thing keeps flying away. Next time I find it I will shoot it and have it stuffed.
ME

Growing old is required. Growing up not so much.
Rockweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:15 PM   #4
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nice to have you join us, Angel.

Maryn, shaking hands
Old 02-12-2013, 05:37 PM   #5
Tepelus

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello, and welcome!

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 06:49 PM   #6
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome aboard

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
PorterStarrByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #7
thehairymob
If I had a brain I'd still be dumb

thehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudge
thehairymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:06 PM   #8
MsPuck
...But you can call me Kristen.

MsPuck is on a distinguished road
Welcome aboard, Angel!
MsPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #9
August Talok
Nerd Out With Me

August Talok is on a distinguished road
Greetings and Salutations!

My Website:

Nerd Out With Me
August Talok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:06 AM   #10
NottiThistledore
figuring it all out

NottiThistledore is on a distinguished road
Welcome, Angel!
Old 02-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #11
poeticcaresses
Normality is overrated :)

poeticcaresses is well-respected
Welcome aboard!
poeticcaresses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 12:33 AM   #12
Ashwood
supercalifragilisticexpia lidocious

Ashwood is well-respected
Welcome!!
Ashwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:52 AM   #13
Griffin Hayes
One evil little baby step at a time

Griffin Hayes is well-respected
Welcome!
Old 02-13-2013, 04:12 AM   #14
sarawrites
rolling up her sleeves

sarawrites is on a distinguished road
Nice to meetcha! Good luck bringing all those wayward parts together.

You can do it!

War Torn #1: Planning! Roughly snowflaking at step 5.

Reading: Mystic City by Theo Lawrence

Knitting: TGV
sarawrites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:22 AM   #15
Neporsche
Tribal Scribe

Neporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsNeporsche is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi and welcome to the asylum!

Life is not always a matter of holding good cards, but sometimes, playing a poor hand well.- Jack London
Neporsche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 04:50 AM   #16
L. Y.
\m/

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

L. Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 05:49 AM   #17
theshovelbum
Steady Diet Of Nothing

theshovelbum is on a distinguished road
Welcome Angel!!!!!!!
theshovelbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:28 AM   #18
rwm4768
practical experience, FTW

rwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Welcome. Good luck with your book.

Just a small thing I noticed. When you query your book, you want to make sure you don't call it a fiction novel. A novel by definition is a work of fiction, and agents will not take you seriously if you have that little redundancy in your query letter.

Just handing out some good advice for the future.

WIP:
Empire of Chains (Epic Fantasy): 158K Revising
Sunweaver (Epic Fantasy): 105K Revising
rwm4768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 AM   #19
Bec de Corbin
figuring it all out

Bec de Corbin is on a distinguished road
Best of luck with your novel! Keep at it, finishing is SUCH a good feeling!
Bec de Corbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #20
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Angel!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the
FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.
and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips!

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Posting your writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area is explained here. This link covers the most common problems posts. found in SYW *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun AW social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

Literary & Misfit Writers Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by slcboston View Post
I'd say I got off lightly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #21
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 10:48 PM   #22
jackdomino
28 tiles, such a wonderful game...

Location: Currently the Garden State but trying to book a flight out...
jackdomino is on a distinguished road
The greatest of luck to you and welcome!
jackdomino is offline   Reply With Quote