Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 04:35 AM   #1
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

CrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthood
Lost Girl: May Contain Spoilers

Any Lost Girl fans in the house? I need some Kenzi action up in this joint.

Last edited by CrastersBabies; 02-06-2013 at 06:52 AM.
CrastersBabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:58 AM   #2
TNK
The door is ajar.

TNK is a shiny, shiny jewelTNK is a shiny, shiny jewel
I love Lost Girl! Kenzi is my favorite character on the show. She gets all the best lines.

What did you think of the last episode?

NOTE: You say "trope", I say "well-honed story tool." - John Rogers

Nanowrimo 2013: Edit

TNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:13 AM   #3
SWest
(1+1) hardly ever equals 2...

SWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*Kenzi high fives all 'round!*

Cons:

1 - the big smelly trope in the room (bi-girl gotta have one of everything, or die)

2 - "girl"...uhm, no

3- occasional slow-going plot

Pros:

1 - Doccubus!

2 - Excellent performances

3 - 'Hale' (K.C. Collins) promoted to Ash...refreshing to see a POC character with power

4 - Dark Fey police partner for Dyson (this week they improved her Cool quite a bit)

BTW: In the U.S., syfy channel is currently airing Season 2

Wish Me Away

Ours is characteristically the kind of if-it-isn't-this-it-has-to-be-that, dichotomized, either/or thinking that philosophers from earlier times have cautioned can lead to a simplistic misreading of reality. And, indeed, psychologists today have discovered it is the mark of a lower or less psychologically evolved stage of cognitive and emotional development. - Riane Eisler

I couldn't be here in spirit, so I came in person. - Red Buttons

Last edited by SWest; 02-06-2013 at 05:29 AM.
SWest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 05:14 AM   #4
Smish
Reads more than she writes.
AW Moderator

Smish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSmish is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I stopped watching it this season. I just got kind of bored with it. Kenzi is great, though.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:24 AM   #5
childeroland
What happened to my LIFE?!

childeroland is a glorious beacon of lightchilderoland is a glorious beacon of lightchilderoland is a glorious beacon of light
It'd be better if there was more Kenzi and less of Dyson's blond friend (I'm only up to the last aired episode on Syfy). And if that new Ash wasn't such a d**k.
Perhaps the most amazing thing about the universe is that we could create an infinite catalogue of things, worlds and beings that no one has seen and which do not exist. Each story in the realm of fiction is a small part of that catalogue.
childeroland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 AM   #6
Amanda R.
She who must be obeyed

Amanda R. is well-respected
Dyson's new partner is terrible and there has not been enough Kenzi this season. Kenzi is the real reason I think anyone actually watches the show.

"Literature is the most noble of professions. In fact, it is about the only one fit for man." ~ Edgar Allan Poe

Read about my adventures in China.
Amanda R. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

CrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthoodCrastersBabies is a candidate for sainthood
The last ep was okay. It's not a mind-bender of a show, it's fun. I don't expect much from it so I think that's why it delivers in the end.

*Spoiler*
I like the new blonde partner and am curious about her being a Valkyrie. (What does that mean in this universe?) She was too hard-ass at first but now she's growing on me.

While I think that Bo has serious chemistry with the Doc, I'm kind of over her right now. I think they fizzled when they were brought together as a couple. I liked them better as a "teaser" / sometimes "thing." Just seemed to be more heat there.

And, it could also be that I'm a huge Dyson fan. Kris Holden-Reid is awesome hot. No man alive should be allowed to be that gorgeous.

Kenzi is in a universe all her own. She so needs to tell the ASH and her pals what happened with the Norn.
Old 02-06-2013, 02:17 PM   #8
TNK
The door is ajar.

TNK is a shiny, shiny jewelTNK is a shiny, shiny jewel
I like Bo and Lauren together. Then again, I liked Bo and Dyson together too.

*Spoilers for Season Three:

Tamsin has grown on me as well.

As for the last episode, I liked it a lot. I did however spend most of it wanting to yell at the screen for Kenzi to just go to Lauren about that thing on her arm. I mean, who better to help her figure it out than the Fae's doctor?

And Trick pissed me off. I understand Hale being is ASH is a big deal. He's new to being a ruler, and he has controversial ideas. His position is pretty delicate.

On the other hand, Kenzi has risked her ass for them on more than one occasion. She deserves a hell of a lot more respect that she got last episode.

And at the end with Lauren and Bo, I liked how they handled that too. It would have been a prime opportunity for angst, but they sat down and talked about the issue like adults.

Now I just want to know what the hell happened to Kenzi.

NOTE: You say "trope", I say "well-honed story tool." - John Rogers

Nanowrimo 2013: Edit

TNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 09:33 PM   #9
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

Yeah, Kenzi should have gone to the doc. Good call on that. Now we wait until Monday to find out. Grrr.

I think the ASH is just doing what he needs to do. I don't blame him. Either they will come together to find Kenzi, or, there will be a divide of sorts on who is going after her. Will be interesting to find out.
Old 02-08-2013, 07:08 AM   #10
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I've tried watching it a couple of times. Terrible dialogue.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Manuel Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #11
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

Well now. WTF is up with Kenzi? She has some kind of demon inside her maybe? Hmmmm. Glad they'll be getting right to it next episode.

I'm wondering more and more who/what Bo's father is.

Also, wasn't that "Emma" from Degrassi the Next Gen as the "hot blonde?"

Last edited by CrastersBabies; 02-12-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:12 AM   #12
SWest

SWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, last night I was all and then and .

Throughout, there was a fair amount of and then stuff got , , .

The only thing missing at the end was Doc exclaiming "Jeepers, Batman!"

Wish Me Away

Ours is characteristically the kind of if-it-isn't-this-it-has-to-be-that, dichotomized, either/or thinking that philosophers from earlier times have cautioned can lead to a simplistic misreading of reality. And, indeed, psychologists today have discovered it is the mark of a lower or less psychologically evolved stage of cognitive and emotional development. - Riane Eisler

Old 02-20-2013, 05:53 AM   #13
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

I will say, after last night's ep, I'm a huge Tamzin fan now.
Old 02-20-2013, 05:55 AM   #14
SWest

I figured they couldn't leave her entirely lame indefinitely...

Wish Me Away

Old 02-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
XMissBrightSideX
Queen Of The Gutters.

XMissBrightSideX is on a distinguished road
I haven't gotten to season three yet unfortunately. :/ I just got the first two seasons though and ate through the first one in a couple of days. It's just too freaking awesome not to love!
Kenzi's my favorite character too.

"Damaged people are dangerous, they know they can survive." -Charles Evans Hughes

"Forgiveness is the fragrance that the violet sheds on the heel that has crushed it."
- Mark Twain
XMissBrightSideX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:04 PM   #16
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

SWest, yeah, let's hope she doesn't switch sides here (so to say). I like her a lot.

MissBright, Kenzi rocks, doesn't she?

Last edited by CrastersBabies; 02-20-2013 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:32 PM   #17
SWest

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrastersBabies View Post
SWest, yeah, let's hope she doesn't switch sides her (so to say). I like her a lot.

Although the Lady Pirate (Morrigan) writing is quite good, so I don't mind Tamzin being written To Type, if done well.

I like that she's ambivalent, has bad friends, keeps a lot of secrets, and was probably raised wrong! What will ensue as the scoobies try to socialize her?

Wish Me Away

Old 01-28-2014, 04:40 AM   #18
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

Okay, first episode of this season really was awful. Bad performances, bad writing. Second one seems better.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:48 AM   #19
SWest

Oh.My.Frog.

I'm so glad it wasn't just me.

I'm hoping the move back to their old time tonight is a favorable sign...

Wish Me Away

Old 01-28-2014, 07:34 AM   #20
dragonjax
I write stuff.

dragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputation
I watched the first ep and didn't feel the love. Glad to see it picked up, though! Maybe I'll try it again at one point.
Old 01-28-2014, 09:13 AM   #21
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

Yeah, the first episode was painful. Bad performances, bad writing, bad everything. Second episode seemed better.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:22 PM   #22
SWest

Last night's plot was OK. But keeping an ensemble apart for so long is problematic.

Is the story still The Story if you change all of the gravitational energy between the characters?

Wish Me Away

Old 01-28-2014, 06:12 PM   #23
Gilroy Cullen
Gilroy's Unlicensed Therapy Center

Gilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsGilroy Cullen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
(joke) Kenzi for Ash! (/joke)
(Yes, I know it can't happen, as she's not fae. But imagine the fun it would cause...)

Braving SYW:
http://www.absolutewrite.com/forums/...d.php?t=279131
A writer's journey is like life - no two are entirely alike.
Gilroy Cullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 07:03 PM   #24
SWest

spoiler: Yeah, but she's not exactly 100% human anymore...

Wish Me Away

Old 01-29-2014, 01:25 AM   #25
dragonjax
I write stuff.

dragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputationdragonjax has a golden reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrastersBabies View Post
Yeah, the first episode was painful. Bad performances, bad writing, bad everything. Second episode seemed better.
Cool. After I'm done marathoning ST:TNG, I'll give LG another shot.