Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Writing Genre > Historical Writing
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-27-2013, 02:07 PM   #1
euclid
Where did I put me specs?

euclid has earned our admirationeuclid has earned our admirationeuclid has earned our admirationeuclid has earned our admiration
The Black Orchestra

Those of you who know me from these threads will remember that I've been working on a WWII historical novel since 2008!

It has now been published for the kindle and other eReaders.

It's called The Black Orchestra by JJ Toner

Here's one link to the book:
http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/274258

euclid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
angeliz2k
never mind the shorty

angeliz2k is a splendid one to beholdangeliz2k is a splendid one to beholdangeliz2k is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations on getting it out there for readers! I hope you have lots of success with it. I'm curious about how self-pubbing actually pans out for those who choose that route (this is self-pubbed, yes?), so I (and others, I assume) would be interested in hearing how it goes.

WIP 1: Britannia c.AD 60. 120 k. Trunked.
WIP 2: Paris, 1780s. 88k. five fulls, one partial, six rejections
WIP 3: Antebellum South, 1854 100k; querying; two fulls, both rejected; R&R
WIP 4: Novella. Civil War w/a hint of supernatural. 43k
WIP 5: The Cotton Wars. 104k. Editing.

My Blog:
MARIE ANTOINETTE'S DIAMONDS:
angeliz2k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:23 PM   #3
euclid

euclid has earned our admirationeuclid has earned our admirationeuclid has earned our admirationeuclid has earned our admiration
ePublishing

Quote:
Originally Posted by angeliz2k View Post
Congratulations on getting it out there for readers! I hope you have lots of success with it. I'm curious about how self-pubbing actually pans out for those who choose that route (this is self-pubbed, yes?), so I (and others, I assume) would be interested in hearing how it goes.
The Black Orchestra is my fourth eBook. My first is a collection of short, fun SF stories, nos 2 and 3 are crime thrillers.

It's great to get digitally published. There's great freedom. You don't have to wait years before the book reaches readers and the royalties are much better. There's no advance, of course, but advances tend to be small nowadays and anyhow the publisher only pays royalties after they have recouped the advance.

The biggest headache - whichever way you get published - is building a following of real fans who want to read your stuff.

The process is easy enough. For each of my books I have invested in a professional editor. A lot of self-published authors skip this (as it can be costly) but I think it's essential. The cover designs don't cost a lot and I do everything else myself.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
Snowstorm
Baby plot bunneh finds a plot hole

Location: Lost in the Wyoming mountains. Don't try to rescue me.
Snowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnowstorm is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Well, alrighty! The blurb sounds fascinating. Congratulations and best wishes!

Blood Atonement, a historical mystery, and Clear and Convincing Evidence, a contemporary mystery

WIP: Blood Atonement, the screenplay!

Blog Twitter Facebook

Snowstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:20 PM   #5
euclid

Blood Atonement sounds awesome. Was it difficult to write about the Mormons and were you fearful of upsetting them?