Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #1
mandymanders85
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

mandymanders85 is on a distinguished road
Hi!New girl here!!!

Hi!!. Well,what can I say about myself?My name is Amanda Ashley and I'm your resident surfer-girl and beach bum. I'm from Northern Florida more especifically from Panama City Beach,home of the Spring Break Capital of the USA. I'm 23 and I live with my parents and my two sisters who are 17 and 13, my new twin little sisters who are 2 years old (awww <3333) and sister who is a 1 year old and one month little sister. And I live right on the beach of PCB,from the balcony in my room you can see the sea,it such pretty sight.I attended an all-girl school from K to 12,because my parents dont believe in co-education until college.I have crazy Pa,who I adore dearly but he tries to scare every boy that comes to pick me up with a fake skeleton that he has out back and also he has gotten into the habit of humming Rodney Atkins - Cleaning this gun (Come in Boy), but he dont mean no harm.My Ma,I'm extremely closed to and I loved her alot, she is one of my bestfriends, I can confide to her anything I want, I know she will never tell.And my two sisters,I love them with all I got, I will do anything for them, whatever is that they want. The same goes for my new little twin sistas and baby sisters, they are center of my world.

When I was younger since both of my parents kind of lazy when it comes to punishing us, they had cookie jar with pieces of paper inside where we would put the hand inside and pick piece of paper and that was our punishment.And now they used it on my sisters,not me. I used to play Lacrosse and Cheer when I was highschool, I was 4 year varsity for both lacrosse and cheerleader and captain for cheerleader since my freshie year and lacrosse since my sophomore year. Now,I play lacrosse sporadically and cheer every once in a while with my middle sis but now, I play beach volleyball which is awesome..I study at local University, where I study Maritime Studies, yeah I dive for college major; its sweet. Oh yeah, I forgot I have obsessions for purses,Roxy clothes and accesories, heels and flip-flops. And I love Abercrombie and Fitch, Hollister, Prada, Fendi, Victoria Secret and American Eagle.Also, I don't wear shoes as much, I'm almost always in flip-flops since they are so comfy. My 4 loves are besides my family are my four Pink camo ATVs, my female boxer named Roxy who is 2 year old and my female German Shephard named Rori who is 3 year old . Oh Yeah, I forgot I'm extremely proud of my Southern Heritage, I'm a G.R.I.T.S(Girl raised in the South) and proud of it!So anything else,you want know you can ask I'm an open book.
Music that I love:
Bob Marley
Pepper
Shwayze
any rap group really
We The Kings
Scaring Kids Scaring Kids
Paramore
Kenny Chesney
Darius Rucker
Jimmy Buffett
Panic at the Disco
My Chemical Romance
The Chemical Brothers
Daft Punk
The Crystal Method
Prodigy
Dolly Parton
Rodney Atkins
Alan Jackson
Macy's Playground
Coal Chamber
Metallica
Guns-N-Roses
Bon Jovi
Motley Crue
John Denver
Miley Cyrus
Aly&AJ
Jonas Brothers
Amy Whinehouse
Slightly Stoopid
Sugar Ray
Toby Keith
Steve Earle
Sublime
Tiffanny
Trent Tomlinson
Dierks Bentley
Eric Church
Vengaboys
Van Halen
U2
Green Day
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Taylor Swift
Kelly Pickler
New Found Glory
Nickelback
All Time Low
Scary Kids Scarying Kids
Fall Out Boys
All American Rejects
McFly
and many more

BTW: Support your local bands and music scene!!

Last edited by mandymanders85; 01-11-2013 at 10:06 PM.
mandymanders85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
PorterStarrByrd
nurturing tomorrows criminals today

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome aboard

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
PorterStarrByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #3
regdog
Starscream
AW Moderator

Location: On Dasher, on Dancer, on Starscream. Starscream? Wait, what?
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Donít make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other membersí works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:03 PM   #4
Mark Moore
practical experience, FTW

Mark Moore has a spectacular aura
Welcome to the site, Mandy!

Complete:

Becoming a Hero (10 stories)

WIP:

Vanity City #01 (2939/20000)
The New Girl (5312)
I Can Kill You With My Brain (238)
Vampire Killer #04 (5514)
Blackjack Jill #04 (630)
Destined #04 (editing)

Cute girls must not die in fiction!

Amazon Author Page Facebook YouTube
Mark Moore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
stormie
storm central

stormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to AW!

An Interview

BLOG BLOG BLOG
stormie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #6
Nickie
Not too old to learn

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome to the forums, Ashley.
Nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #7
Tepelus
Is a chilly.

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello, and welcome!

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #8
wazzujim

wazzujim is on a distinguished road
Holy smokes, that was a mouthful!! Welcome.
wazzujim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
August Talok
Don't Eat the Grot!

August Talok is on a distinguished road
Greetings and Salutations!

Don't Eat the Grot!
August Talok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 10:26 PM   #10
Rockweaver

Rockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputationRockweaver has a double-platinum reputation
welcome aboard. waters fine and i love the time i spent on the beaches of Fl

Happiness is like a bird. The damn thing keeps flying away. Next time I find it I will shoot it and have it stuffed.
Rockweaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:22 PM   #11
L. Y.
Aloha

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

L. Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:31 PM   #12
thehairymob
If I had a brain I'd still be dumb

thehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudge
thehairymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:22 AM   #13
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Amanda!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.

and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area are explained here.

This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work posts.
*Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

Literary & Misfit Writers Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeiae View Post
Clearly, you've never had a mouth full of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:33 AM   #14
phineas12gauge

phineas12gauge is on a distinguished road
Welcome to AW!
Old 01-12-2013, 05:05 AM   #15
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
mandy. It's fab. here!
Susie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:28 AM   #16
Accebera

Accebera is well-respected
Welcome! =]

Stuff your eyes with wonder. -Ray Bradbury
Accebera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 09:19 AM   #17
rwm4768

rwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthood
Welcome. I feel kind of exhausted after reading that.

Glad to meet you.

WIP:
Sunweaver (Epic Fantasy): 104K Querying
Empire of Chains (Epic Fantasy): 163K Revising
The Watersong (Epic Fantasy): 29,000/150,000
The Man in the Crystal Prison (Upper MG Fantasy): 25,000/70,000
rwm4768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 12:36 AM   #18
Griffin Hayes
One evil little baby step at a time

Griffin Hayes is well-respected
Welcome aboard!
Old 01-13-2013, 04:02 AM   #19
RobertEvert

RobertEvert has a spectacular aura
Welcome to the group!

AUTHOR OF "RIDDLE IN STONE" NOW AVAILABLE!!!

The first chapter is available here

My Blog:Neurotic Novelists of the World Unite!

Facebook New friends always welcome!
RobertEvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:26 PM   #20
kenebaker
Master of Meh!

kenebaker is on a distinguished road
Hi! Welcome to the forums! Nice list
kenebaker is offline   Reply With Quote