Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Story Research: Experts and Interviewees Wanted
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-06-2013, 03:37 AM   #1
MaryMumsy
the original blond bombshell

MaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
VA grave marker

This isn't for a story, it is more curiosity about a family thing.

My Dad's uncle died in 1970. Dad says his grave marker was provided by the VA. Uncle had served in WW2 and Korea.

My question has to do with why it would say Texas on his marker. He was born in MN and lived almost his entire adult life in AZ. I thought the state named on a military marker showed their home state.

Any insights?

MM

That is Mae West, not me.
MaryMumsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:54 AM   #2
alleycat
Trick or . . . trick?
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm not sure, unless the person listed Texas as his home state.

If you think it's a mistake, don't hesitate to contact someone like the VFW or the American Legion. They might be of more help initially than the VA.

The least the country can do is make sure their marker is correct.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:56 AM   #3
benluby
practical experience, FTW

benluby has a spectacular aurabenluby has a spectacular aura
Before doing that, check and see if someone in the family has his military records. If they do, and he placed Texas as his home of record, then that is what is should say.
benluby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:54 AM   #4
MaryMumsy
the original blond bombshell

MaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryMumsy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Lightbulb

Lightbulb!

I remember seeing his discharge papers in a box. And I even sort of know where the box is.

Thanks.

MM

That is Mae West, not me.
MaryMumsy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:01 AM   #5
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryMumsy View Post
Lightbulb!

I remember seeing his discharge papers in a box. And I even sort of know where the box is.

Thanks.

MM
Let us know what you come up with, Mary. I'm very interested.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote