Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > International District
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-02-2013, 08:30 AM   #1
pebblefoot
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

pebblefoot is on a distinguished road
Hello From Taiwan

I've been a member of this forum for a while and have enjoyed the insights and feedback it offers. I just noticed a thread for international member, so thanks for providing that!

I'm an American but I've been living in Taiwan for almost 8 years now. I teach English at one of the top universities in Taiwan, NTUST. I just received my MBA from NTU in Taipei, which is now ranked as one of the top 100 universities in the world! (Go Taiwan!)

I run a small publishing company called Pebblefoot Press and I focus on textbooks and storybooks for learning purposes. But I also write my own fiction and non-fiction. I have a platform for writers called Pebblefoot Park and you could search for that and join if interested. We are also looking for agents/publishers to join and make connections there.

Anyone with questions about publishing in Asia, just ask and I'll do my best to help. Currently I'm looking for a good (and cheap) translator to help me with a book about a bicycle trip I took across Alaska. It's a 'how to' book and would be interesting to anyone thinking of doing something like that. I'd like to get this book into Chinese so I can put it on the selves here in Taiwan. Independent bookstore owners here are open to letting you stick copies in their stores, which is really cool.
Old 01-05-2013, 12:18 AM   #2
kk.erri
figuring it all out

kk.erri is on a distinguished road
That's really cool Pebblefoot! Does your publishing company publish in Chinese or English, or both?

Hope things work out for you
kk.erri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
Abderian
practical experience, FTW

Abderian is well-respected
Hi Pebblefoot

I'm a British freelance writer living in Taipei. I've only been here about 16 months but loving it so far.

Sorry I can't help you with a translator but just wanted to say hi.
Abderian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #4
Snitchcat
Drifting through the clouds

Snitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSnitchcat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by pebblefoot View Post

Anyone with questions about publishing in Asia, just ask and I'll do my best to help. Currently I'm looking for a good (and cheap) translator.
I can put you in touch with a translation house based in Taiwan. But none are writers. And they're experts at commercial / company translations. However, if yoh think they would be worth talking to, PM me.
Dare you to click:
Snitchcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #5
Trapjaw
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

Trapjaw is on a distinguished road
Hi Pebblefoot, I'm also currently based in Taiwan, although I live in Kaohsiung. I may be able to hook you up with a private translator who can offer you a better rate than a commercial translating house. PM me for more info.
Trapjaw is offline   Reply With Quote