Happy Hanukkah!

Happy Hanukkah!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #1
hidingsun1
The one who hid the broomstick

hidingsun1 is on a distinguished road
I'm new, too!

As we say down South, Hey y'all.

I have been lurking for a few days and have finally decided to join the site and join the conversation.

I have three supernatural romance WIP that I work at on any given day, depending on what strikes my mood at that moment.

I enjoy reading all of the helpful advice and the success stories, and I hope to make worthy contributions in the near future.

~Tracie

My blogsite:
www.tracieroberts.wordpress.com

WIP #1: Echo (wc 90,770)
WIP #2: Blurred (wc aprx. 12, 000)
WIP #3: Bound (wc aprx. 7,000)
hidingsun1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:54 AM   #2
L. Y.
\m/

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

L. Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 08:59 AM   #3
alleycat
Just hanging out.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:07 AM   #4
rwm4768
practical experience, FTW

rwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Welcome.

WIP:
Sunweaver (Epic Fantasy): 104K Querying
Empire of Chains (Epic Fantasy): 163K Revising
rwm4768 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 AM   #5
Tepelus
Is a chilly.

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello, and welcome!

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:29 PM   #6
Nickie
Not too old to learn

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome to the Cooler, Tracie!
Nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:41 PM   #7
regdog
Kreon Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 06:01 PM   #8
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:29 PM   #9
phantasy
Let me tell you a Story...

phantasy is a shiny, shiny jewelphantasy is a shiny, shiny jewel
Welcome!
phantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 07:43 PM   #10
PorterStarrByrd
Li'l Orphan Antlers

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome aboard

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
PorterStarrByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:32 PM   #11
thehairymob
If I had a brain I'd still be dumb

thehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudge
thehairymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:33 PM   #12
RobertEvert

RobertEvert has a spectacular aura
Welcome!!! I hope you enjoy the group!!

AUTHOR OF "RIDDLE IN STONE" NOW AVAILABLE!!!

The first chapter is available here

My Blog:Neurotic Novelists of the World Unite!

Facebook New friends always welcome!
RobertEvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:36 PM   #13
F.L.N
The Old Curmudgeon

F.L.N is on a distinguished road
Tracie,

Welcome to AW!
Before going into battle, Vikings would ingest Amanita muscaria. In addition to being moderately poisonous, Amanita muscaria eliminated fear causing them to be feared warriors earning Vikings the nick name berserkers
F.L.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:45 AM   #14
drzimo

drzimo is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the Forum!
Old 12-27-2012, 06:59 AM   #15
donroc
Historicals and Horror rule

donroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdonroc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome and enjoy.

"Chronology is not destiny"
Donald Michael Platt

"If, as Napoleon said, History is a myth agreed upon, let mine be the definitive myth."
Donald Michael Platt

www.donaldmichaelplatt.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXZthhY6OtI&feature=channel_page
donroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #16
hidingsun1

Thanks for the welcome

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I have been perusing the newbie guide and checking out some boards. I am interested in critiquing for some fellow writers and hope to be getting to that in the next few days. I'd really like to be an active member on the site.

Happy writing in the new year!

My blogsite:

Old 12-27-2012, 08:52 PM   #17
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern ItŠ

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Tracie - Could I interest you in some Cheese Grits, since you're from the southeast?

Kylabelle:
Laverning is how I get through the long days... (Don't ask about the long nights, just don't)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiddlywinks View Post

Whoo-hoo! I got Laverned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GailD View Post
You haven't lived 'til you've been Laverned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
We've all been Laverned and we love it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent Rob View Post
Okay! I confess! I was Laverned in the library with the lead pipe!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostposts View Post
I was Laverned in the office with a monogrammed bed pan.
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 01:28 AM   #18
hidingsun1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavern08 View Post
Tracie - Could I interest you in some Cheese Grits, since you're from the southeast?
Sorry, Lavern. I don't do cheese grits. Regular grits with butter at a fish fry with hush puppies and I'm there!

My blogsite:

Old 12-28-2012, 01:54 AM   #19
theshovelbum
Steady Diet Of Nothing

theshovelbum is on a distinguished road
why hello hidingsun!!!!!!!!!
theshovelbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:28 AM   #20
Griffin Hayes
One evil little baby step at a time

Griffin Hayes is well-respected
Welcome to AW!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #21
Samball49

Samball49 is on a distinguished road
Welcome!
Old 12-28-2012, 04:58 PM   #22
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Tracie!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.

and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area are explained here.

This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work posts.
*Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

Literary & Misfit Writers Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by robeiae View Post
Clearly, you've never had a mouth full of him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 03:32 AM   #23
phineas12gauge

phineas12gauge is on a distinguished road
Welcome to AW!