Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-25-2012, 04:38 AM   #1
Shay Dee
practical experience, FTW

Shay Dee is on a distinguished road
Merry Christmas!

My gift you is ME!
I kid, but seriously, hello everyone. Just discovered AW yesterday, I know, shoot meh!
I'm from Uk, London, any other Londoners here? I'm not fussy, just curious.

This place is packed with stuff I don't even know where to start.... Any suggestions?

Don't bust a gut folks, but enjoy the turkey :p
Shay Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:45 AM   #2
alleycat
Ho Ho . . . Ack! Ack!
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome.

We have lots of folks from the UK. You'll meet them in time.

My only suggestion is to take your time and get to know the forums and how things are done here. It's big place for an Internet forum, but newbies are just as welcome here as anyone else. We're a little nutty, but friendly for the most part.
alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #3
sassandgroove
Sassy & Mr. Groove

sassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssassandgroove is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Merry Christmas! You might start in the area of writing you are interested in, like novels or freelance. Don't forget about Office Party when you want a break and some fun.

Leela, the bringer of joy, Hoshi, little sweetness and light in a dark package, and Garrus, the buddy boy
(image on flickr.com http://www.flickr.com/photos/jennymocha/8662266835/)
sassandgroove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:46 AM   #4
PorterStarrByrd
nurturing tomorrows criminals today

PorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPorterStarrByrd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome aboard

We have met the enemy and he is us - Pogo
The reason I spend so much time out of the box is that somebody crapped in it - Porter Starr Byrd
Yield to temptation, it may never come again - unknown
PorterStarrByrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:49 AM   #5
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Merry Christmas! --s6
shakeysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:17 AM   #6
RobertEvert

RobertEvert has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay Dee View Post
My gift you is ME!
I kid, but seriously, hello everyone. Just discovered AW yesterday, I know, shoot meh!

This place is packed with stuff I don't even know where to start.... Any suggestions?

Welcome!!!

AUTHOR OF "RIDDLE IN STONE" NOW AVAILABLE!!!

The first chapter is available here

My Blog:Neurotic Novelists of the World Unite!

Facebook New friends always welcome!
RobertEvert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 05:54 AM   #7
Tepelus
Is a chilly.

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello, and welcome!

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:04 AM   #8
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
'n Merry Xmas! It's great here!
Susie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:04 AM   #9
Griffin Hayes
One evil little baby step at a time

Griffin Hayes is well-respected
Welcome to AW!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
rwm4768

rwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthoodrwm4768 is a candidate for sainthood
Welcome.

WIP:
Sunweaver (Epic Fantasy): 104K Querying
Empire of Chains (Epic Fantasy): 163K Revising
The Watersong (Epic Fantasy): 29,000/150,000
The Man in the Crystal Prison (Upper MG Fantasy): 25,000/70,000
rwm4768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 09:49 AM   #11
backslashbaby
That's really my dog :)

backslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Merry Christmas!! Welcome

Did you just Godwin a 4 year old?
-- Celia Cyanide

I've walked these streets in the madhouse, asylum they can be
Where a wild-eyed misfit prophet on a traffic island stopped
And he raved of saving me

Please donate: http://www.karmakrew.com/outreachprograms.asp
backslashbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 11:40 AM   #12
Booker
ō

Booker has a spectacular auraBooker has a spectacular aura
Welcome Shay Dee It's all beer and skittles

Have a Merry Christmas and a Prosperous New Year!!!
Old 12-25-2012, 01:02 PM   #13
shakeysix
blue eyed floozy

shakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsshakeysix is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It is 2: 14 a.m. Christmas morning in western Kansas. The sky is foggy. The night is 19* with enough breeze to send the tumble weeds ambling; no snow as yet but there is still hope for the sled that is under the tree. The ponies in the corral down the road are speaking horse again. The owl is owling. The neighbors are home from midnight mass--pulling out all the stops--Los Tigres del Norte and cerveza. The tias are inside around the tree; the tios are outside making barbacoa and telling stories in Spanish. I think that is what woke me. No sweat--nice to see people having a good time together. I imagine that when our celebration starts at eleven all the neighbors will be asleep. Anyway, I'm going to have a glass of wine and try to write a little--a second Merry Christmas to all !--s6

Last edited by shakeysix; 12-25-2012 at 01:09 PM.
shakeysix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #14
L. Y.
Aloha

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the Water Cooler!

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

L. Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:08 PM   #15
Shay Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakeysix View Post
It is 2: 14 a.m. Christmas morning in western Kansas. The sky is foggy. The night is 19* with enough breeze to send the tumble weeds ambling; no snow as yet but there is still hope for the sled that is under the tree. The ponies in the corral down the road are speaking horse again. The owl is owling. The neighbors are home from midnight mass--pulling out all the stops--Los Tigres del Norte and cerveza. The tias are inside around the tree; the tios are outside making barbacoa and telling stories in Spanish. I think that is what woke me. No sweat--nice to see people having a good time together. I imagine that when our celebration starts at eleven all the neighbors will be asleep. Anyway, I'm going to have a glass of wine and try to write a little--a second Merry Christmas to all !--s6
No rest fr the wicked, you must be on santa's naughty list lol
Old 12-25-2012, 04:47 PM   #16
regdog
Starscream
AW Moderator

Location: On Dasher, on Dancer, on Starscream. Starscream? Wait, what?
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 06:22 PM   #17
Fallen
"School? Mum, no!"

Fallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsFallen is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shay Dee View Post
My gift you is ME!

Well, I'm just to the left of you, west midlander. Good t'have you here, shay dee

Goodreads / Website / Facebook

Fallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 07:18 PM   #18
Shay Dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by regdog View Post

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Donít make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other membersí works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!
The most I'll probably do is post a query one day, the guys in there seem really helpful and honest, I like that. I don't feel I have the ability or knowledge to critique just yet but I do in private as the sticky suggested.

Hi there Fallen! :p
Old 12-25-2012, 07:40 PM   #19
PortableHal
Not-so-new

PortableHal has a spectacular aura
Merry Christmas right back at you, Shay. Glad you came aboard.

Now, back to the eggnog!
Old 12-25-2012, 09:30 PM   #20
Chase
Christmas alphabet: No "L"

Chase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Merry Christmas to you, too, and welcome.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 10:50 PM   #21
Nickie
Not too old to learn

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
A Merry Christmas to you too, and welcome to AW.
Nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:47 AM   #22
Shay Dee

Thanks for the welcomes, hopefully I'll meet you all around! Cheers :p
Old 12-26-2012, 09:37 AM   #23
max929
Fear is a only a barrier

max929 is on a distinguished road
Happy holidays
max929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #24
phantasy
Let me tell you a Story...

phantasy is a shiny, shiny jewelphantasy is a shiny, shiny jewel
welcome!
phantasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:59 PM   #25
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
and Merry (belated) Christmas!
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote