Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-23-2012, 02:38 PM   #1
seun
Horror Man

seun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Anyone got any good thoughts to spare?

My dad goes into hospital tomorrow for an operation to treat mouth cancer. He was diagnosed a few weeks ago so it's all moving fast (which is good, I suppose).

If anyone has any good thoughts, can you send them his way? All are welcome and all gratefully received.

Thankee sai.

My site My twitter My facebook
seun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 PM   #2
heyjude
Making my own sunshine
AW Moderator

heyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsheyjude is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Goodness, seun. I'm sorry. Prayers and well wishes for your dad and your whole family.
heyjude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
crunchyblanket
the Juggernaut of Imperfection

crunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'm sending a lorry full of good thoughts to you and to him. It sounds trite, but staying positive is one of the most important things at a time like this.

My short story "When Charlie Sleeps" is in Black Static #37. Buy it. It'll make you happier and sexier.

crunchyblanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:26 PM   #4
regdog
Boston
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sending lots of good thoughts and wishes for a speedy recovery.

My Blog-The Character Assassination of Starscream

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #5
KawaiiTimes
Sentient Being

KawaiiTimes is on a distinguished road
May the operation go smoothly and recovery come quickly.

Follow My Shenanigans:
Facebook
KawaiiTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #6
seun
Horror Man

seun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsseun is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks, everyone. I think he's more annoyed about having to shave off the beard he's had for forty years than anything else.

Old 12-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #7
crunchyblanket
the Juggernaut of Imperfection

crunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscrunchyblanket is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by seun View Post
Thanks, everyone. I think he's more annoyed about having to shave off the beard he's had for forty years than anything else.
I can donate him mine

My short story "When Charlie Sleeps" is in Black Static #37. Buy it. It'll make you happier and sexier.

crunchyblanket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:10 PM   #8
seun
Horror Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchyblanket View Post
I can donate him mine
I told him to selotape his cat to his chin. His reply started with an F.

Old 12-23-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Best wishes are on the way for his speedy and complete recovery.

Maryn, with a hug
Maryn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:04 PM   #10
Pyekett
Understood.

Pyekett has earned our admirationPyekett has earned our admirationPyekett has earned our admirationPyekett has earned our admiration
May things resolve as speedily as they began and bring you all back to a place at least as good as you came from.

Good thoughts, seun.
Old 12-23-2012, 06:06 PM   #11
scribofelidae
New(ish) kid, be gentle!

scribofelidae is on a distinguished road
Vibes, well-wishes, and hugs. Hoping for a speedy recovery for your Dad!

Steph
scribofelidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 06:20 PM   #12
Mr Flibble
They've been very bad, Mr Flibble

Location: We couldn't possibly do that. Who'd clear up the mess?
Mr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMr Flibble is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
What a kind and loving son you are...

A barrowload of good thoughts for your Dad.

"Fade to Black is a dynamic and original introduction to a world and character that promise further exciting stories". British Fantasy Society

The series has grown in complexity since the beginning, reaches a profoundly moving conclusion that is both unexpected and entirely satisfying - Publisher's Weekly

Twitter
Mr Flibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 01:51 AM   #13
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern It©

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sending up a prayer right this very minute.

Silent Rob:

I Lavern too... I started once, and now I just can't stop.

Kylabelle:

Laverning is how I get through the long days, mostly. (don't ask about the long nights, just don't)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alleycat View Post
I need a good Laverning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWest View Post
Laverning is for lovers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAssauer View Post
I'd rather be Laverning
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.F. View Post
I'll be Laverning all of you sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
... I've *finally* been Laverned!!! It's even better than they said it would be!
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:37 AM   #14
jjdebenedictis
is watching you via her avatar

jjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Best wishes! I hope the operation goes well and his recovery is complete and uncomplicated.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:38 AM   #15
SWest
Rogue mint has been sighted...

SWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSWest is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
... His reply started with an F.
So, he's in good health otherwise?

May he have all the best nurses, and may the friendliest one be his "type"!

Wish Me Away

Ours is characteristically the kind of if-it-isn't-this-it-has-to-be-that, dichotomized, either/or thinking that philosophers from earlier times have cautioned can lead to a simplistic misreading of reality. And, indeed, psychologists today have discovered it is the mark of a lower or less psychologically evolved stage of cognitive and emotional development. - Riane Eisler
SWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 07:45 AM   #16
backslashbaby
That's really my dog :)

backslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbackslashbaby is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Best wishes for ya'll, absolutely. It's definitely good it's moving fast -- a sign of good doctors on the case! I wish him a speedy recovery.

Did you just Godwin a 4 year old?
-- Celia Cyanide

I've walked these streets in the madhouse, asylum they can be
Where a wild-eyed misfit prophet on a traffic island stopped
And he raved of saving me

Please donate: http://www.karmakrew.com/outreachprograms.asp
backslashbaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #17
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

BeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hope he'll get in and out and onto recovery soon. I'm no doctor or scientist obviously, but there was a small study done a few years ago on the ability of zeolite to remove toxins from the body. I guess they used it on a small number of cancer patients and seemed to have positive effects, but again, the study was small, limited, etc. There's very little actual "evidence" of the zeolite helping to reduce cancer in the human body, in larger scale studies. But the small study looked promising. I guess it's thought that zeolite is good at reducing certain toxins in the body, etc. They're doing more studies on it to see what other positive abilities it may have on the body (along with any side effects).

Anyway, don't quote me on that. I just happened to be looking up zeolite for something else for myself tonight and found the little cancer study, and then I logged on here and saw your post. The FDA han't approved zeolite for cancer treatment, obviously.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #18
Broadswordbabe
Chief High Procrastinator

Broadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of lightBroadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of lightBroadswordbabe is a glorious beacon of light
Sending good thoughts and hugs to you both.

Dangerous Gifts - A Babylon Steel novel

The Mammoth Book of Ghost Stories by Women
Broadswordbabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 12:52 PM   #19
seun
Horror Man

Thanks again, everyone. Saw him yesterday minus his beard. Very odd. At least I know what I'll look like at 60 if I'm clean shaven.

Old 12-24-2012, 02:52 PM   #20
KawaiiTimes
Sentient Being

KawaiiTimes is on a distinguished road
Hopefully the worst is behind him now. Perhaps a faux beard as a "well done" gift?

Follow My Shenanigans:
Facebook
KawaiiTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:59 PM   #21
Maxinquaye
That cheeky buggerer

Maxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaxinquaye is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sending good, cold thoughts, across the North Sea and beyond. Hope your dad recovers completely and fully.
The greatest oak was once a little nut who held its ground
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian Barnes
"Yes, of course we were pretentious — what else is youth for?"
----
My blog and site:
Max on Everything
Maxinquaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 03:17 PM   #22
seun
Horror Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaiiTimes View Post
Hopefully the worst is behind him now. Perhaps a faux beard as a "well done" gift?
Ha! I can't see that going down well.

Old 12-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #23
regdog
Boston
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Fabulous idea, son

My Blog-The Character Assassination of Starscream

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 05:59 PM   #24
seun
Horror Man

Almost.

Old 12-28-2012, 04:54 PM   #25
seun
Horror Man

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for the good thoughts. They appear to have worked - my dad was allowed home after two days. He looks pretty rough (two black eyes, stitches, swollen face etc) but at least he's home.