Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Goals and Accomplishments
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2012, 01:51 AM   #1
gingerwoman
Wicked Safari release date March3rd

gingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to behold
Debut novel hits best seller list on publisher's website.

I am really amazed and thrilled that my debut novel Wicked Wonderland has now made the top ten best sellers in romance list on my publisher's website and is number three for paranormal romance. And this is a good well respected publisher too.
So don't let anyone tell you that you need to know people to get published in fiction or that unknown writers rarely have any success, or that New York traditional publishing and self publishing are the only two paths. (I've never even tried the agent route yet, but just aimed for the best digital first publishers.) When I say best seller list I'm only talking about my publisher's websites temporary lists which a couple of friends who aren't writers didn't get. *sigh* These lists change daily, but I'm on them right now and it's very satisfying.
Now if only I could be a real writer and stop checking them and actually write the next book.

To find actively acquiring publishers and agents visit my blog
http://lisawhitefern.wordpress.com/
gingerwoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
Phaeal
Whatever I did, I didn't do it.

Phaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CGs!

And so it goes.

Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnneMPillsworth

Phaeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 01:57 AM   #3
Jamiekswriter
The 1st Rule of Write Club: Write!

Jamiekswriter has earned our admirationJamiekswriter has earned our admirationJamiekswriter has earned our admirationJamiekswriter has earned our admiration
Whoo Hoo!!! Congrats!!
http://www.amazon.com/Longing-Infern...1063872&sr=1-1
Fever: Club Inferno book 3 -- Coming March 2015 from Loveswept
Shifting Currents by Lissa Trevor
Triad by Lissa Trevor -- Coming October 28, 2014 from LooseId
Jamiekswriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:07 AM   #4
jennontheisland
the world is at my command

jennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I am amazed that you are amazed.

Eat This.
jennontheisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 02:50 AM   #5
Undercover
I got it covered

Undercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsUndercover is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
OMG, Samhain Publishing is really up there in the publishing world. They're awesome! And what a great feeling to be in the top ten. I'm super excited for you! Love the cover too. And the title rocks too.

Disconnected
Undercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:40 AM   #6
Calla Lily
On deadline for the next year or so
AW Moderator

Calla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCalla Lily is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats!
Old 12-07-2012, 03:41 AM   #7
hillaryjacques
Undercover, sort of...

hillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentshillaryjacques is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations, gingerwoman! That's awesome.
hillaryjacques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #8
gingerwoman

gingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to beholdgingerwoman is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Undercover View Post
OMG, Samhain Publishing is really up there in the publishing world. They're awesome! And what a great feeling to be in the top ten. I'm super excited for you! Love the cover too. And the title rocks too.
Thank you! It's only a temporary list which I will fall off soon, but at the moment my debut novel is sitting there in the top ten for romance list under NYT best selling authors like Jayne Rylon and Lorelie James which is surreal. lol

Old 12-07-2012, 04:22 AM   #9
Rowan
Wielder of the Witchblade

Rowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsRowan is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats!

"There is something Pagan in me that I cannot shake off. In short, I deny nothing, but doubt everything." - Lord Byron
Old 12-07-2012, 04:32 AM   #10
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Very nice!

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 12-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #11
Lady MacBeth
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.

Lady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthoodLady MacBeth is a candidate for sainthood
That's awesome. Congratulations!
Lady MacBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:32 AM   #12
oarsman
Salt water is the cure

oarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsoarsman is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!
Old 12-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #13
Renee Collins
Plotting . . .

Renee Collins leaves trails of profuse coolnessRenee Collins leaves trails of profuse coolnessRenee Collins leaves trails of profuse coolnessRenee Collins leaves trails of profuse coolnessRenee Collins leaves trails of profuse coolness
Awesome! Congrats

RELIC, a YA fantasy set in the Old West, coming Fall 2013 with Entangled Teen!
Renee Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 10:39 AM   #14
gingerwoman

I thought it couldn't go any higher, but I'm now in the top ten for best sellers on the whole site. *gulp*

Old 12-07-2012, 10:50 AM   #15
Purple Rose
practical experience, FTW

Purple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPurple Rose is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations! Well done!! May the book go on to be on many bestseller lists :-)
Old 12-07-2012, 04:25 PM   #16
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
congrats 'n way2go! Sounds exciting! Calls for s!
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:44 PM   #17
EMaree
is drinking tea

EMaree has a golden reputationEMaree has a golden reputationEMaree has a golden reputationEMaree has a golden reputationEMaree has a golden reputationEMaree has a golden reputation
That's so awesome!

First Draft: Hella Fun WIP (YA UF)
With Betas: BR0K3N TH1NGS Draft 2 (YA UF)
Published: MG Fantasy "Dragon Tamers" & "Dragon Tamers 2: Digital Tempest"
EMaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 11:23 PM   #18
regdog
All Hail Starscream
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Time

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:47 AM   #19
L. Y.
\m/

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

L. Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 06:14 AM   #20
Silver-Midnight
"We're all mad here" - Cheshire Cat

Silver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputation
Congrats!!

Twitter
Silver-Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 07:24 AM   #21
MsLaylaCakes
Playing the waiting game

MsLaylaCakes is on a distinguished road
Nice going!

Website/Blog | Facebook | Twitter | G+ | Pinterest | GoodReads
MsLaylaCakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 02:36 PM   #22
Emily Winslow
Do Not Walk on the Grass

Emily Winslow is a shiny, shiny jewelEmily Winslow is a shiny, shiny jewel
Wow, that's wonderful! Enjoy it :-)

"[Winslow is] brilliant at portraying the ragged fragments of these lives.
What emerges isn't a single killer with motive and means, but a tangle of stories crossing and colliding,
stray intersections of incidents and accidents, misunderstandings and misreadings,
all thanks to the myopia of individual perspectives and the self-centeredness of individual desires.
-Washington Post
Emily Winslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:45 PM   #23
ohthatmomagain
writing, working, weeping, winning

ohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to behold
Awww.. congratulations! Any best seller rank is awesome!!

Out Now SAINT SLOAN
...every saint as a past...

Twitter: @martieKay

ohthatmomagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 10:51 PM   #24
Mclesh
It's too hot

Mclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMclesh is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations! That is awesome!

Facebook, Twitter Website

Check out Grandma Susie's book of love poems on Createspace!
Mclesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2012, 12:09 PM   #25
gingerwoman

It's now in the top 5 for Romance and the top 6 for the whole site.
It's still not really selling much on Amazon though and doesn't have any reviews but Samhain Publishing fans who buy from the Samhain website are snatching it up right now it seems which is pretty cool for a debut.