Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Goals and Accomplishments
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2012, 04:40 PM   #1
K1P1
Procrastination is its own reward

K1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Submitting TODAY!

You may have noticed my absence from AW. For the last 18 months I've been working on my fourth book. I fully expected to be done with it by August/September of this year, but preparing materials for photography stretched it out another 4 months.

The good news is, I've just boxed it up and will be shipping it off to my publisher today. For the first time in 18 months I can take a deep breath and think about something else without feeling guilty about procrastinating.

The final stats are: 110,300 words, 14.5 lbs of yarn in the knitted samples, 553 image files.

Let the wild rumpus begin!

The Knowledgeable Knitter, September 2014, Storey Publishing
www.maggiesrags.com
K1P1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 04:56 PM   #2
EMaree
a demon for tea

EMaree has a double-platinum reputationEMaree has a double-platinum reputationEMaree has a double-platinum reputationEMaree has a double-platinum reputationEMaree has a double-platinum reputationEMaree has a double-platinum reputationEMaree has a double-platinum reputation
Congratulations!

Please pretend I preface all my advice posts with "There are no rules, but if there were..."

First Draft: Hella Fun WIP (YA UF)
With Betas: BR0K3N TH1NGS Draft 2 (YA UF)
Published: MG Fantasy "Dragon Tamers" & "Dragon Tamers 2: Digital Tempest"
EMaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 PM   #3
regdog
Starscream
AW Moderator

Location: On Dasher, on Dancer, on Starscream. Starscream? Wait, what?
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #4
Lady MacBeth
Out, damn'd spot! out, I say.

Lady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLady MacBeth is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!
Lady MacBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #5
Phaeal
Whatever I did, I didn't do it.

Phaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPhaeal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
CGs and good luck with the new publication!

And so it goes.

Follow me on TWITTER: https://twitter.com/AnneMPillsworth

Phaeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:43 PM   #6
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 12:13 AM   #7
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sat Nam! (literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Hurray!

I understand about those photo shoots.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 12-06-2012, 02:41 AM   #8
K1P1

K1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsK1P1 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks for all the good wishes, everybody. I'm off to meet my husband for champagne and oysters (let's hope he remembers).

www.maggiesrags.com
Old 12-06-2012, 04:19 AM   #9
ohthatmomagain
writing, working, weeping, winning

ohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to beholdohthatmomagain is a splendid one to behold
Congratulations!!!!

Out Now SAINT SLOAN
...every saint as a past...

Twitter: @martieKay

ohthatmomagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 07:15 AM   #10
L. Y.
Aloha

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congratulations!

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

L. Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:32 PM   #11
K1P1

And even better, I got confirmation on Friday that the two boxes, containing the ms. with 110,300 words, outline, CD (with all the images, image lists, and docs), and the 14.5 lbs of knitted up samples, arrived intact at the publishers office.

Now the waiting begins...

www.maggiesrags.com
Old 12-12-2012, 06:49 PM   #12
aixsponsa
This is not Kelly Kapoor Story Hour

aixsponsa is well-respected
That's awesome! Congrats!
aixsponsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
stormie
storm central

stormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsstormie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Maggie, that's great! Congrats on finishing it, and that it got to the publisher in one piece.

An Interview

BLOG BLOG BLOG
stormie is offline   Reply With Quote