Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2012, 01:12 PM   #1
Trevor Z
Learning About New Fish

Trevor Z is on a distinguished road
Hey all!

Hi, my nameís Trevor and I guess Iím new here. Iíve been lurking on and off for the better part of the lastÖ maybe six months? Itís been long enough that I figure I should just come out and say hi to everyone.

Now, I think Iíve been writing for just over a year and a half or so. I kind of stumbled into it as a way to spend my time after not being able to find a decent job after graduating uni. After a little while, though, I realized that I really, really liked it.

Iíve written a couple novel length books over that year and a half + a few short stories/novella length works for contests and the like. I just recently threw all caution to the wind and self-published one of the (better) novels after not being able to fully hook an agent (got nibbles, nothing more). Itís doing pretty well for itself, so yay for that!

Anyways, I guess Iím here to hangout, chat, learn, and write along with everyone else.

Thanks for taking the time to read my ramblings,

Trevor
Trevor Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:15 PM   #2
alleycat
Thinking.
SuperModerator

alleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsalleycat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome.

alleycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:51 PM   #3
regdog
Kreon Megatron
AW Moderator

Location: Of course he's trying to take over the universe, he's Kreon Megatron
regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

Please read the FAQ about posting photos.

In fact we have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

My Blog-Updated on 8/22/14 Same Place Different Place

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
Tepelus

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello, and welcome!

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #5
Griffin Hayes
One evil little baby step at a time

Griffin Hayes is well-respected
Welcome!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:07 PM   #6
Blackfire
Ghost amidst the caligraphy.

Blackfire is on a distinguished road
Welcome to AW.

I do hope that you find your time here enjoyable, and your feedback helpful!

There are plenty of useful links above me, and you should take care to read all the lovely things the AW community has written for newbies. I know it certainly helped me find my way around.

As well, be sure to check out the SYW forum and see what other people have written, and give your thoughts on them.

Care to crit my latest? Go here:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259726

Blackfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:00 PM   #7
thehairymob
If I had a brain I'd still be dumb

thehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudge
thehairymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:36 PM   #8
Nickie
Not too old to learn

Nickie is a glorious beacon of lightNickie is a glorious beacon of light
Welcome to the forums, Trevor.
Nickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:48 PM   #9
muse
standing on head, typing one-handed...

muse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmuse is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi, and welcome, Trevor.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:57 PM   #10
drzimo
practical experience, FTW

drzimo is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the Forum!
Old 12-05-2012, 12:46 AM   #11
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Trevor!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about the forum software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!

See if Katiemac has the answer here.

and check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area are explained here.

This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work posts.
*Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Fun social links:
The Office Party
Kelly's Soft Asylum

Literary & Misfit Writers Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by regdog View Post
But the battery is a real ass
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 AM   #12
August Talok
Nerd Out With Me

August Talok is on a distinguished road
Greetings and Salutations.

My Website:

Nerd Out With Me
August Talok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:27 AM   #13
L. Y.
\m/

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello. to the Water Cooler!

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

L. Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 AM   #14
Beatlemaniac
Imma Mum-Mum

Beatlemaniac is on a distinguished road
Hi and welcome!

"I have a distinct feeling about people who think of writing. It is thisóif anything can stop them, it is probably no great loss."--Alexander Woollcott

Beatlemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:27 AM   #15
rwm4768

rwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputationrwm4768 has a double-platinum reputation
Welcome.

WIP:
Empire of Chains (Epic Fantasy): 158K Revising
Lightweaver (Epic Fantasy): 105K Revising
rwm4768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 08:57 AM   #16
sadron
Wandering Knight Writer

sadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome!

sadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 03:52 AM   #17
cooeedownunder
Grateful for the day

cooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentscooeedownunder is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome

Help raise awareness for my missing sister, Tracey, by joining her facebook page - A Missing Person

FACEBOOK Blog Goodreads
------------------------------------

A Woman Transported Kindle

Unforgivable Kindle
cooeedownunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 04:33 AM   #18
CelesteBC

CelesteBC is on a distinguished road
Hello and welcome! Writing really hooks you, doesn't it? Glad your self-published work is doing well, and I hope the next agent does more than nibble.
CelesteBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 06:21 AM   #19
Samball49

Samball49 is on a distinguished road
I'm new too! Except I'm actually new, you're just kinda. Welcome all the same!