Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 07:17 PM   #1
Lavern08
When All Else Fails, Lavern ItŠ

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Things I Hate About December...

...Mayan Prophecy (?)

Susie:
Laverning is the only way to travel!

Silent Rob:
I Lavern too... I started once, and now I just can't stop.

Kylabelle:

Laverning is how I get through the long days, mostly. (don't ask about the long nights, just don't)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
I've been Laverned! I feel like a completely different person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWest View Post
Laverning is for lovers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KellyAssauer View Post
I'd rather be Laverning
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.S.F. View Post
I'll be Laverning all of you sooner or later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrissy View Post
... I've *finally* been Laverned!!! It's even better than they said it would be!
Lavern08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:31 PM   #2
Chase
...sending a friendly H-I

Chase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavern08 View Post
...Mayan Prophecy?
Did they make a doomsday prophecy, or did they just run out of nice round rocks?

My Gregorian 2012 calendar ends December 31, but I have confidence State Farm will send me another for 2013. Could be we haven't found the next stone their insurance company sent the Mayans.

I don't exactly hate it, but I do miss Christmas carols.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #3
WillSauger
The Crazy Man in the Sun. Feel me.

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
"Holiday season".

F- that. I'm celebrating Christmas because it's the funnest. Celebrate what you wish, but don't hush me when I say, "Merry Christmas", because you think other people's feelings might get hurt.

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.

Last edited by WillSauger; 12-03-2012 at 08:00 PM. Reason: Drowsy can't spell for siht today.
WillSauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 07:57 PM   #4
Lavern08

Lavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLavern08 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillSauger View Post

...Celebrate what you wish, but don't hush me when I say, "Merry Christmas", because you think other people's feeling might get hurt.
*High-fives Will*

Susie:

Silent Rob:

Kylabelle:

Laverning is how I get through the long days, mostly. (don't ask about the long nights, just don't)

Quote:
Quote:
Laverning is for lovers!
Quote:
I'd rather be Laverning
Quote:
Quote:
... I've *finally* been Laverned!!! It's even better than they said it would be!
Old 12-03-2012, 08:01 PM   #5
IAMWRITER
QWERTY!!!

IAMWRITER has a spectacular auraIAMWRITER has a spectacular aura
Snow.

It was snowing last night. And this morning it was SO cold.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:21 AM   #6
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Heat. It's the start of Summer down here on the bottom of the world. It's meant to be a long, hot one...

We've already had 1 day at 40C, which is over 100F, and that was before Summer officially started!

Otherwise, I tend to like December. Few responsibilities and at the end of the month the family and I exchange gifts. I, for one, like the gift-giving tradition.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:26 AM   #7
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I can't think of anything that I like about December.
Originally Posted by Duchessmary View Post
Wtf. Happens every time I come in here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:45 AM   #8
Write_Askew
practical experience, FTW

Write_Askew is well-respected
I know I'm going to come off all scrooge, but the Salvation Army bells ringers. Seriously. I live in a college town with tons of malls and big-box stores and they are everywhere! I also hate the fact that every time I walk by and don't put something in the kettle the bell ringer and all the good souls around them glare at me.

One of the local radio stations also turns to all Christmas music right after Thanksgiving and starting December 1 every single restaurant and mall in town, not to mention most the people I know (especially my mother) blare it top volume until new year. Ugh. I love Christmas music, but the variety around here is really sad. If I hear "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by the Jackson 5 one more time...I might go hide under the bed with Kelly.
Write_Askew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 01:57 AM   #9
Chrissy
Magna Cum Absurdus

Chrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChrissy is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nothing. I live in Florida. mkaythxbai.
Chrissy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 02:31 AM   #10
Seraph
You Know We're Gonna Do It Right

Seraph is a shiny, shiny jewelSeraph is a shiny, shiny jewel
Going to echo Chrissy's nothing, though come close to hating accidental splits on snow in alleys or other driven areas when it's hardened so that it looks like snow but it's basically ice, and you don't know till you step.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:06 AM   #11
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Did they make a doomsday prophecy, or did they just run out of nice round rocks?
The next set of dates *might* have been destroyed when the Spanish stripped and melted down all of the gold they could find. There is an account of at least one giant circle object which was stolen, so it is quite possible that the calendar moved on into the future some ways...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
BigWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:19 AM   #12
Jehhillenberg
1 week to go!

Jehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJehhillenberg is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Consumerism hiked up on steroids.

"What's the most resilient parasite? An idea. A single idea from the human mind can build cities...transform the world and rewrite all the rules." - Inception

"I don't have delusions of grandeur, I have an actual recipe for grandeur." - Limitless
Jehhillenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #13
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
B****ing people. I swear, 90% of the people that come into the store I work at can do nothing but sneer, kvetch, complain and be nasty to others--especially those of us behind the counter. Before Turkey Day, the same people were happy and joking, but now--not now. I really hate the stress the holidays put people under that make them change so dramatically.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
DeleyanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 06:57 AM   #14
GinnieHazel
figuring it all out

GinnieHazel is on a distinguished road
The cold. I'm in a rented house and haven't figured out how to get the heating to work. If I cuddle up in bed my feet still go numb from the cold and I'm living with a hot water bottle on my feat.
GinnieHazel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:33 AM   #15
Write_Askew

Ginnie- wow. That's terrible. I assume you've located your thermostat and turned the heat switch on? If you have a pilot light it might have gone out. Otherwise, you should call your landlord asap. That's no way to live. Other things you can do include picking up that awesome plastic covering for inside and outside your windows. It usually comes with the sticky tape to put it up. That will block drafts. Be sure your windows are caulked properly too. Check your vents for blocks. And get some extra blankets.

good luck and stay warm!
Old 12-04-2012, 07:51 AM   #16
BeatrixKiddo
Is it summer yet???

BeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBeatrixKiddo is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I only hate December if it's snowing, which it usually is by now up here...but it's warm right now...which is crazy, but awesome!

Wait, I live where it's supposed to be snowing and it was in the 60's today...yep, world's gonna end.
Old 12-04-2012, 01:02 PM   #17
Booker
Ř

Booker has a spectacular aura
The end of another year makes me feel ...yeap
Booker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #18
EMaree
is drinking tea

EMaree has a golden reputationEMaree has a golden reputationEMaree has a golden reputationEMaree has a golden reputationEMaree has a golden reputationEMaree has a golden reputation
Christmas presents put strain on my finances and stress me out, and I've got a revision deadline looming on top of that.

But apart from that, I love December. Rain! Hot chocolates! Snow! Quiet days at work when everyone goes home for the holidays.
Hibernating: DIVIDE THE SKY (YA UF), THE LEVIATHAN RISES (YA UF)
Published: MG Fantasy "Dragon Tamers" & "Dragon Tamers 2: Digital Tempest"
EMaree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #19
adarkfox
designs books | writes books

adarkfox is a shiny, shiny jeweladarkfox is a shiny, shiny jewel
I hate this december because yesterday it was seventy degrees. I live in Iowa, I'm supposed to have snow!
Fire Dance - Edits...
A Year With Alaska - Saggy Middle
Fox Tail Designs

adarkfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 09:58 PM   #20
Lavern08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Write_Askew View Post

... If I hear "Santa Claus is Coming to Town" by the Jackson 5 one more time...I might go hide under the bed with Kelly.
Pervert!

Susie:

Silent Rob:

Kylabelle:

Quote:
Quote:
Laverning is for lovers!
Quote:
I'd rather be Laverning
Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-05-2012, 01:40 AM   #21
Write_Askew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavern08 View Post
Pervert!
So I fit right in then?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #22
Beatlemaniac
Imma Mum-Mum

Beatlemaniac is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixKiddo View Post
I only hate December if it's snowing, which it usually is by now up here...but it's warm right now...which is crazy, but awesome!

Wait, I live where it's supposed to be snowing and it was in the 60's today...yep, world's gonna end.
Yep, me too. It hit 63 today in my corner of the world. At least if the world's gonna end, it will end with warmth--that would make me a happy camper.

I can't complain too much about December. I have a birthday coming up soon, and I love Christmas!

But, the one thing that always brings me sadness this time of the year is the fact John Lennon was murdered in December, not long before my birthday.

"I have a distinct feeling about people who think of writing. It is this—if anything can stop them, it is probably no great loss."--Alexander Woollcott

Beatlemaniac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2012, 03:33 PM   #23
Calliea
Hush, hush...

Calliea is on a distinguished road
It's cold, the university session is drawing near while I realize I've done NOTHING yet and I get extremely lazy from the Christmas vibes all around Not a healthy mix!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:03 AM   #24
StarryEyes

StarryEyes is well-respected
Nothing! I love everything about December - the snow, the atmosphere, the darkness, the pretty lights in the darkness, the decorations, the solstice, Christmas, the burning log on the fire... Yay!!!

Oh. Except my end of year exams, which start on Monday.
StarryEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 07:47 PM   #25
Lavern08

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryEyes View Post

Nothing! I love everything about December

...the snow, the atmosphere, the darkness, the pretty lights in the darkness, the decorations, the solstice, Christmas, the burning log on the fire... Yay!!!
Ahhhh, so sweet, so innocent.

Susie:

Silent Rob:

Kylabelle:

Quote:
Quote:
Laverning is for lovers!
Quote:
I'd rather be Laverning
Quote:
Quote: