Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 08:01 AM   #1
Billtrumpet25
Gaze upon my shih-tzu powers!

Billtrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
A New Sentence Game

Hi, all...

It's been a while since I started a thread.

I don't know if this has been done. I did a search and couldn't find anything.

So, here be da rules.

1) I will start with a sentence starting the story.
2) The next person will follow up with a COMPLETE sentence. (and I'll be watching...so if anyone messes it up, I bring out the Dalek...).
3) The sentence can be funny or serious, as long as it connects to the previous sentence in some way.
4) Dialogue can be used, but sparingly.
5) Try not to chance tenses or POV in the middle of a story.
6) After 25 sentences or so, a person may end the story so another individual can start a new one. Alternatively, we may find that we have a never-ending story in this thread.

Example --

Person 1: The moon was bright, and the monkeys came out to play.
Person 2: The monkeys brought bananas and danced in the moonlight, hitting me with tree branches as they frolicked joyfully.

See? Okay...for realsies this time. Have fun!

###

One day, a hippopotamus was walking across whatever hippos walk on, and he realized he was hungry.

War of the Wizard (Book 1): undergoing editing

The Wizard's Curse (Book 2): 60% complete

"The Dark Ages: Life With a Bipolar (WIP-narrative nonfiction of my experiences with my bipolar dad, and how to deal with the bp dis.'s turbulence.

http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view...45&trk=tab_pro

https://twitter.com/BillFitzgibbons
Billtrumpet25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:16 AM   #2
jjdebenedictis
is watching you via her avatar

jjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thankfully, what he was walking on turned out to be small rodents, and these proved tasty, once he had spatulaed them off the airport's runway tarmac.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #3
Billtrumpet25

Billtrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBilltrumpet25 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The hippo was not watching where he was going, however, and he nearly got hit by an airplane on the runway.

"The Dark Ages: Life With a Bipolar (WIP-narrative nonfiction of my experiences with my bipolar dad, and how to deal with the bp dis.'s turbulence.

Old 11-28-2012, 08:25 AM   #4
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
He tried to charge the plane with assault, but it flew away before he could read the license plate.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 AM   #5
neilfriske
practical experience, FTW

neilfriske is on a distinguished road
The hippo knew exactly what to do, he needed to contact Elliot Ness and the untouchables.
neilfriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:54 AM   #6
Zeddo
Talk to the hat

Zeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolnessZeddo leaves trails of profuse coolness
The hippo, whose name was Mort, had no change for the phone, so he had to place a collect call to Ness.
Zeddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:56 AM   #7
Billtrumpet25

Ness, sufficed to say, was not pleased.

Old 11-28-2012, 11:21 AM   #8
Cliff Face

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Ness and Mort, in an attempt to converse about the matter at hand, somehow wound up arguing about Twilight.
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 PM   #9
Billtrumpet25

Ness was Team Jacob, and Mort was Team Edward.

Old 11-29-2012, 06:41 AM   #10
jjdebenedictis

jjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjjdebenedictis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mort didn't want to admit he sometimes slapped in a set of fake fangs, slathered his majestic hippo-ness in glitter, and tried to pick up lady-hippos.
Old 11-29-2012, 09:21 AM   #11
Billtrumpet25

He also tried to convince the lady-hippos that he won the Powerball, but it turned out he was instead $1 million in debt.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
neilfriske
practical experience, FTW

neilfriske is on a distinguished road
...and that's when the airplane fuel exploded!
neilfriske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 09:28 AM   #13
Cliff Face

If only he'd had opposable thumbs, he would've staged a bank heist with his friend the zebra.
Old 12-05-2012, 12:10 AM   #14
Billtrumpet25

If he had opposable thumbs, he would have continued his story by now.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:53 AM   #15
Cliff Face

Alas, it is a sad fact of life that hippos don't have thumbs, nor a running narrative in their head - or do they?
Old 12-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #16
Billtrumpet25

Regardless of the answer to that philosophical question, Mort and Ness understood that it was time to leave the airport once and for all.

Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 AM   #17
jjdebenedictis

They decided to leave it by hijacking a plane and driving it through the walls, cutting a rough-edged groove through the building that extended from tarmac to taxi stand.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:36 AM   #18
Cliff Face

The first thought that went through the head of the taxi driver at the front of the rank was, "I'm gonna need a bigger boat!"
Old 01-06-2013, 07:20 AM   #19
clevername37
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

clevername37 is on a distinguished road
Mort was still shaking after evading a hit from the CIA, yet Ness was stoic as a librarian.
clevername37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 AM   #20
jjdebenedictis

There was a reason for that, and the reason was quaaludes, but Ness' self-medication did not turn out to be sufficient to keep her calm through what happened to them next.
Old 02-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #21
FoxyLoxy
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

FoxyLoxy is on a distinguished road
After spending years of wallowing, she had to ditch the drugs, Mort was counting on her.