Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > New Members
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How often do people say hello to new members
Never 1 5.00%
Once in a while 6 30.00%
All the time! We love new members! 13 65.00%
New members? 0 0%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-28-2012, 04:01 AM   #1
IsaacHooke
Rogue Scientist and Fantasy Ninja

IsaacHooke is on a distinguished road
New here!

Hello!

I'm new here and just thought I'd say hi.

I'm looking forward to learning something from each and every one of you!

Thanks for having me!

-Isaac
IsaacHooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #2
WillSauger
The Crazy Man in the Sun. Feel me.

WillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWillSauger is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome!

"The illiterate of the 21st century will not be those who cannot read and write, but those who cannot learn, unlearn, and relearn" -- Alvin Toffler.

"The heights of great men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight, but they while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night" -- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
WillSauger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:11 AM   #3
L. Y.
\m/

L. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsL. Y. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello. to the Water Cooler!

Edit with your head, write with your heart.

L. Y. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #4
F.L.N
The Old Curmudgeon

F.L.N is on a distinguished road
Welcome to AW!
Before going into battle, Vikings would ingest Amanita muscaria. In addition to being moderately poisonous, Amanita muscaria eliminated fear causing them to be feared warriors earning Vikings the nick name berserkers
F.L.N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 05:17 AM   #5
Tepelus
Local Cemetery Girl

Tepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsTepelus is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hello, and welcome!

Cast Your Eyes On The Ocean,
Cast Your Soul To The Sea.
When The Dark Night Seems Endless,
Please Remember Me.

My Blog. You know you want to.
My deviantART page. I draw and photograph, too.
Tepelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:15 AM   #6
justbishop
Proud Literary Sadist

justbishop is a splendid one to beholdjustbishop is a splendid one to beholdjustbishop is a splendid one to behold
Had to reply to this one because, hey, a poll!

I answered "once in a while" because that's how often I say hello to newbs

Hello
WIP#1: 52,313/50,000

The Last Three Words: Evernight Teen | Amazon

justbishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:33 AM   #7
rwm4768
practical experience, FTW

rwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudgerwm4768 is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Welcome. I answered all the time because I try to make a point to welcome every newbie.

WIP:
Sunweaver (Epic Fantasy): 104K Querying
Empire of Chains (Epic Fantasy): 158K Revising
Shadowstorm (Epic Fantasy): 3,000/150,000?
rwm4768 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:06 PM   #8
sadron
Wandering Knight Writer

sadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentssadron is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome!

sadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
regdog
Kreon Barricade
AW Moderator

regdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsregdog is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

Take some time and read the Newbie Guide and the Stickies found
at the top of Forum pages. They are your best guide to learning about
Absolute Write.

We have lots of brilliant FAQs check them out.

Members who want to start a thread in Share Your Work to have work critiqued need
50 posts. Don’t make a mad dash to reach your 50 posts. Take some time to greet fellow newbies,
critique other members’ works, or join a discussion.

Announcements, Events and Self Promotion is for active members only. All obvious spam will be deleted on sight!

My Blog-Updated on 10/9/14 An Open Letter To Hasbro

Help find Tracey Cooeedownunder's sister is missing
regdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 01:37 PM   #10
Aurelee
figuring it all out

Aurelee is on a distinguished road
Welcome!
Aurelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 02:53 PM   #11
Ms_Sassypants
Cadence of Her Last Breath

Ms_Sassypants is on a distinguished road
Welcome! Hope you learn something from here and make cool friends!
Ms_Sassypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 03:07 PM   #12
me-a-monsteR
Bites upon request

me-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsme-a-monsteR is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Welcome to the cooler. Have fun surfing threads.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:45 PM   #13
starlina

starlina is on a distinguished road
I'm new too, but wanted to say welcome.
starlina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:46 PM   #14
hannahward07

hannahward07 is on a distinguished road
Hiya, and to the Cooler!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:15 PM   #15
Griffin Hayes
One evil little baby step at a time

Griffin Hayes is well-respected
Welcome!
Old 11-28-2012, 06:19 PM   #16
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I lot more often than I take polls. Nothing against polls, mind you, but, I don't like to fish.

Welcome to AW!

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."

Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook
More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

“You’re inventing your own misery. You’re defining yourself by pettiness. You get 70 years to live and you are enjoying being angry.” -- Russell Howard

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
thehairymob
If I had a brain I'd still be dumb

thehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudgethehairymob is better than ice cream with hot fudge
thehairymob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 12:10 AM   #18
drzimo

drzimo is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the Forum!
Old 11-29-2012, 02:53 AM   #19
IsaacHooke
Rogue Scientist and Fantasy Ninja

IsaacHooke is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Lawrence View Post
We meet again, fellow scientist/writer!
Mark! Great to see you here.. and yes, we meet again indeed.. for a second I was expecting you to say, "Now I am the master."

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbishop View Post
Had to reply to this one because, hey, a poll!

I answered "once in a while" because that's how often I say hello to newbs

Hello
Haha well thanks justbishop, I'm glad the poll got you to say hi! -)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwm4768 View Post
Welcome. I answered all the time because I try to make a point to welcome every newbie.
Well thank you rwm, it's good to be here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms_Sassypants View Post
Welcome! Hope you learn something from here and make cool friends!
Thanks Ms. Sassy Pants! I look forward to doing both!

And to everyone else who said hi and took my odd little poll, muchos gracias, or as the Italians say, grazie tanto!
IsaacHooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 01:56 AM   #20
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hi Issac!

Welcome to AW!

Don't forget to read about AW basics in the Newbie Guide!

Questions about this software can be found in the FAQ's menu in the handy blue bar at the 'top' of this page.

This common acronym list helps identify our mystifying abbreviations.

Before you ask that Newbie question!!
See if Katiemac has the answer here.

Check out: Sara's 10 Basic Writing Tips.

If you're looking for critiques please read the 50 Post rule.

Questions about posting writing to the Share Your Work (SYW) area
and explained here. This link covers the most common problems found in the Share Your Work *Worth reading no matter how long you have been here!*

AW is a community built on the foundations of respecting your fellow writer and helping each other, it's the basic building blocks of how and why AW works.

Welcome to our community! =)

-kelly-

Literary & Misfit Writers Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Sadly, the forum moderator is too deep into his scotch tonight to care.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote