Happy Thanksgiving JPG

Happy Thanksgiving!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Publishing > Ask the Agent
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-24-2012, 03:58 AM   #1
MokoBunny
figuring it all out

MokoBunny is on a distinguished road
Title Pages with Partials?

I got a request for a partial and I was wondering if I include the manuscript title page?

I usually put my last name and story title in the header starting at page one but I'm not sure if that's acceptable.

So is it better to include a complete title page or simply put the info in the header?

"Take your time and make a masterpiece. The world is what you make of it." -Yuuko-san, xxxHOLiC

MokoBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 04:26 AM   #2
DeleyanLee
Writing Anarchist

DeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDeleyanLee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Your last name and story title should be in every header, along with the page number.

Save the title page for a requested full. They will keep your cover letter with all necessary information with a partial.

Flamechild, the first anthology in the Children of the Vortex series, is now available here.
Stonechild is a free intro story to the Children of the Vortex series, now available here
DeleyanLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:00 AM   #3
Siri Kirpal
Swan in Process

Siri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSiri Kirpal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sat Nam! (Literally "Truth Name"--a Sikh greeting)

Seconding Deleyanlee's advice: Skip the title page unless you're asked for a full. Name and book title on all headers.

Blessings,

Siri Kirpal
Old 11-24-2012, 05:06 AM   #4
Susan Littlefield
Tell it like it Is

Susan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusan Littlefield is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What they said, and congratulations Moko!

Please visit my website: http://www.susanlittlefield.blogspot.com/

Susan Littlefield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:49 AM   #5
MokoBunny
figuring it all out

MokoBunny is on a distinguished road
Thank you guys!

"Take your time and make a masterpiece. The world is what you make of it." -Yuuko-san, xxxHOLiC

MokoBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:59 PM   #6
Jamesaritchie
resident curmudgeon

Jamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamesaritchie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It's just not something to worry about. Send it or don't send it. Neither does any harm, though with a print partial, sending it does add a bit of eye appeal.
Old 11-25-2012, 01:12 AM   #7
ARoyce
Hopeful romantic/hopeless pedant

ARoyce is a shiny, shiny jewelARoyce is a shiny, shiny jewel
I don't think that kind of detail would be a dealbreaker, one way or the other.

But I always used a title page if it was an attachment or paper...and on that title page, right after the title, I would specify the amount of material included (e.g, thirty pages, five chapters, full manuscript, etc).

Congrats and good luck!

Web site ~ Twitter ~ Facebook
ARoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 AM   #8
Susie
Thanks, special friend for my avi!
AW's Treasured Chocolate Birthday Lady

Susie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSusie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Congrats, Moko. Much good luck! s
Susie is offline   Reply With Quote