Happy Christmas!

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Music and Songwriting
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #1
scottishpunk
practical experience, FTW

scottishpunk is on a distinguished road
Merry Metal Christmas

Back in 2009, Nightmare Records put out a free Christmas sampler titled "Merry Metal Christmas." They only had it up online for a short while, and I can't find those files anywhere else on the internet. Does anyone know where I can find and download this album, or does anyone happen to have it on their computer (and willing to email me copies of the files)?

For that matter, what other fun, free, Christmas music can you recommend for me to boost my playlist this year? I have a lot of traditional-style stuff, and am particularly interested in Christmas music that's a little more unusual and fun. Rock, hip-hop, electronica, bluegrass, whatever-- my tastes are super diverse so if you like something, chances are good that I will, too. If you have something to recommend (and a link where I can find it), I'd be most grateful.

Check out my novel, Pantheon, now available from Urania Speculative Fiction!

www.joshstrnad.com
scottishpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:46 AM   #2
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The only alternative Christmas song I know of is Jingle Balls by KoRn... I believe it was on a bonus CD when one of their albums came out. Issues maybe? It's been a long time since I've listened to KoRn...

Anyway, youtube ought to have it. It's... interesting.

And yeah, I remember seeing a metal Christmas promo thing at some point... After 2009 at least, but not for at least a year. 2010-11 I guess. Not sure where it was or how to find it again...

I'm assuming you've searched youtube? I'd bet good money that there's a way of turning youtube clips into mp3s or whatever sound file you want... Don't know how to do it myself, but it's bound to be possible.

And hey - you said those songs were free, so there's no ethical dilemma.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:13 AM   #3
benbradley
It's a doggy dog world

benbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbenbradley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
You don't have the Bob Rivers Twisted Christmas album? It's a classic from "a little while back." Here's a sample:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRW2poUfJ34

They're not all metal, but you may still be entertained. Try "The Restroom Door Said Gentlemen."

The young'uns thesedays ...
benbradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:27 AM   #4
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
LOL, Ben, that was awesome.

I was hoping for more vocals ala the "I am Santa Claus" part, though.
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 11:30 AM   #5
BenPanced
Tonight on Mythbusters

BenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I just checked their website and it's no longer available, but Blondie did a decent rock-out for We Three Kings back in 2009.