Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > AW History; Questions and Discussion > Remembrances
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
fredXgeorge
I heart sexy elves and wizards.

fredXgeorge is a shiny, shiny jewelfredXgeorge is a shiny, shiny jewel
Bryce Courtenay, 1933-2012

South-African/Australian author Bryce Courtenay passed away from stomach cancer late last night, aged 79. RIP.

Link.

'Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.'
- J.K. Rowling
fredXgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:56 AM   #2
SkyeOhWhy
hopelessly devoted to crumpets

SkyeOhWhy is well-respected
So sad to hear about this. I still remember reading "April Fool's Day" as a kid; it changed my view of the world forever.

Rest in peace, Mr Courtenay.

(YA Fantasy Random House AU)

TwitterFacebookWebsite

SkyeOhWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:29 AM   #3
Manuel Royal
Benefactor Member

Manuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsManuel Royal is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Sounds like a good life. I hope I have that kind of dignity and good spirits when I'm looking at the end of my existence.

Fiction column under my real name: Welcome to Smyrnings ; continued as Spland of the Splost

Six-minute YouTube video produced by SandJack from my short script (NSFW): Make The Baby
Manuel Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:08 AM   #4
Kitty Pryde
i luv you giant bear statue
AW Moderator

Kitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKitty Pryde is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
oh man! I've been such a massive fan since having to read "The Power of One" in 10th grade. Many of his books are not in print here in the US and i have gone to extremes to get ahold of them. That's a huge loss to the literary community. I need to read his more recent stuff. I've got to read his recent stuff. i love TPOO and the sequel, and the Tommo and Hawk series. He always brought such passionate characters to life.
Kitty Pryde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #5
lastlittlebird
avem narrans

lastlittlebird leaves trails of profuse coolnesslastlittlebird leaves trails of profuse coolnesslastlittlebird leaves trails of profuse coolnesslastlittlebird leaves trails of profuse coolnesslastlittlebird leaves trails of profuse coolness
Made me want to take up boxing when I was a kid (reading Power of One) , and as I was a pacifist at the time, that was some feat.
RIP

Tempting the Unicorn

If the idea is not original, at least let it be unpredictable. If it is not unpredictable, let it be beautiful. If it is not beautiful, let it be meaningful. If it is not meaningful, let it go.
lastlittlebird is offline   Reply With Quote