Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Beta Readers, Mentors, and Writing Buddies
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2012, 03:48 AM   #1
MyBrainReallyHurts
No, it really doesn't.

MyBrainReallyHurts is on a distinguished road
[Beta Reader Needed][Erotica][Swap=Yes!] Looking for female readers to make sure the story "works".

I've completed one of three erotic novella's. (All three stories will be related, but can be read independently.)

I like to write my first draft, have someone read it and give their opinion, and then I start my second draft. I have limited time so this method helps me make as many improvements as possible on the next pass.

I'm not concerned with spelling or grammar. I would just like your opinion if it "worked" for you or not. I basically just need someone to read the juicy bits. Maybe there is a something that happens that takes you out of the story, or kills the mood for you. Maybe I am missing a feeling or a sensation that you can fill me in on. While I may be male, I usually write from the woman's perspective and yes, I miss the mark from time to time.

If interested, this section of the book deals mostly with D/s but it is soft as this is the first time the protagonist is trying this.

If you would like to trade, I am happy to offer my opinions on just about anything. I try to be fair and balanced in my critiques.

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that it is currently at 18K words.
MyBrainReallyHurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:37 AM   #2
Maryn
You, too?
AW Moderator

Maryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMaryn is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Although I write erotica, I'm not sure this arrangement would work for me. I find I cannot set aside issues of writing mechanics to see whether the underlying story works for me.

Maybe I'm an elitist, but I'd prefer not to see work for feedback until it's as good as the author can make it without my help.

I hope you can find people who are able to help you with the Big Picture issues, but I'm afraid I must demur.

Maryn, all demure (that's a laugh)
Old 11-20-2012, 05:45 AM   #3
Chase
Doable digit drills

Chase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChase is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyBrainReallyHurts View Post
I'm not concerned with spelling or grammar. I would just like your opinion if it "worked" for you or not. . . . Thank you in advance.
You're welcome in advance, but also in advance I have to agree with Maryn, the demure.

No piece of writing ever works for me without the best spelling, punctuation, and grammar a writer can manage. When those elements are not worth the bother, you can bet your laptop other elements are also not worth the bother.
Chase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:49 AM   #4
MyBrainReallyHurts
No, it really doesn't.

MyBrainReallyHurts is on a distinguished road
I completely understand, and I respect that. That is why I made the disclaimer.

If no one wants to read it in this condition, I will clean it up and then see if you have time to look it over.

Thank you for the reply.
MyBrainReallyHurts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
L.Blake
Soaking up information.

L.Blake is on a distinguished road
pm'd you.

L.
Monstre 42,746
L.Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 03:08 AM   #6
ElectricLights
figuring it all out

ElectricLights is on a distinguished road
I'll take a look. I don't mind the grammar and spelling so much unless it's consistent and I really can't read without coming across something that seriously distracts. PM please