Happy Hanukkah!

Happy Hanukkah!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Movies, TV, and Theater
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
mellymel
I find ur lack of faith disturbing

Location: I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
mellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yay! TMI Trailer!

Just found out from some people who srsly love me and know of my undying love for this little YA series called The Mortal Instruments. It one of those series that's a total hit or miss for most people, but for me, it's been my favorite series ever (don't be judgin', Yo!). Sadly, it doesn't come out until next summer, but I'm just happy it's coming out!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169...-trailer.jhtml

Find me on Twitter!: melksan

Last edited by mellymel; 11-16-2012 at 05:40 PM.
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 12:59 PM   #2
fireluxlou
practical experience, FTW

fireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputationfireluxlou has a golden reputation
Wow that was quick for a trailer. I mean they only finished filming last week.
fireluxlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:02 PM   #3
mellymel

Location: I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
mellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorRose View Post
Alternative youtube link (MTV blocks videos for UK viewers - keep running into this problem with their exclusives, grrrrrr.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DcslDjIoK5U
It's coming up as blocked for me. Is that because I'm in the states?

Old 11-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #4
TudorRose
not napping... brainstorming!

TudorRose is a shiny, shiny jewelTudorRose is a shiny, shiny jewel
Quote:
Originally Posted by mellymel View Post
It's coming up as blocked for me. Is that because I'm in the states?
Nah, blocked for me now too under copyright violation! I'll edit my previous post.

Glad you're so excited about the film, Mel - haven't read the books yet myself, but I want to get the first one in before film comes out.
TudorRose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 08:46 PM   #5
mellymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TudorRose View Post
Nah, blocked for me now too under copyright violation! I'll edit my previous post.

Glad you're so excited about the film, Mel - haven't read the books yet myself, but I want to get the first one in before film comes out.
Yeah, I was wondering if that was the case because I searched Youtube yesterday for the trailer but it seems MTV has the exclusive rights at this point. I'm sure it will be available in the near future.

Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 PM   #6
CrastersBabies
all hail zombie babies!

CrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCrastersBabies is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
No idea what TMI is.
Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 AM   #7
mellymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrastersBabies View Post
No idea what TMI is.
Then you're not a fan

The Mortal Instruments--a YA Fantasy series by Cassandra Clare

Old 11-16-2012, 01:12 AM   #8
Cyia
Rewriting My Destiny

Cyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCyia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Every time I see it, it reads as "too much information."

Cyia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:21 AM   #9
Stiger05
practical experience, FTW

Stiger05 leaves trails of profuse coolnessStiger05 leaves trails of profuse coolnessStiger05 leaves trails of profuse coolnessStiger05 leaves trails of profuse coolnessStiger05 leaves trails of profuse coolness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyia View Post
Ditto.

Writing some stuff, editing some stuff, you know, the same old same old.

My blog
Twitter

Stiger05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:29 AM   #10
Sydneyd
Aye, ye scurvy dog!

Sydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSydneyd is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I saw the trailer yesterday. I had to contain my girlish squeeing. I am excited to see all the demons on the screen, this book has so many chances to make a visually stunning movie.

I just saw Lilly Collins in Mirror, Mirror on netflix. I'd remembered her name as being cast for Clary so as I watched her I tried to fit her in the role. I thought it could be a good match. I'm holding out on the actor who plays Jace, I'll need a longer trailer for that, or a trailer that shows him doing something very bad ass.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:52 AM   #11
BenPanced
Tonight on Mythbusters

BenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBenPanced is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Just found out from some people who srsly love me and know of my undying love for this little YA series called The Mortal Instruments. It one of those series that's a total hit or miss for most people, but for me, it's been my favorite series ever (don't be judgin', Yo!). Sadly, it doesn't come out until next summer, but I'm just happy it's coming out!

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/169...-trailer.jhtml

Please, let's not use this thread to cut up the books. I'd prefer to keep it a thread where people who enjoyed the books and are looking forward to the movie have a place to discuss and share our excitement. If that's possible. If not, so be it. *shrugs*
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrastersBabies View Post
No idea what TMI is.
Quote:
Then you're not a fan

The Mortal Instruments--a YA Fantasy series by Cassandra Clare
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiger05 View Post
Ditto.
Be nice, guys. Don't be a harsh-mellow and violate the OP's request.

Old 11-16-2012, 04:59 AM   #12
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I can't believe people still use sarcasm in a civilised society.

And just for the record: any discussions relevant to the movie are allowed to be discussed in the thread, even if it involves a mention of the book. Thread starters cannot dictate what can and cannot be discussed inside a thread they start. Just remember, though, to keep discussions on topic, to respect your fellow writer, and not to flame for flames sake. For example: I hate this book/movie, as a stand alone statement would not be acceptable. If you were to explain why you didn't enjoy the movie/book, and it's pitfalls in telling a story etc, then that would be fine. And lastly: I like Baileys. And cookies.

So, just to be totally clear. I like Baileys and cookies. Thankyee.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

Come follow me on Twitter (@JedCullan) for random stuff, plus regular #OnThisDay with humour.

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts

Last edited by jvc; 11-16-2012 at 05:04 AM.
jvc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 05:46 AM   #13
Nick Rolynd
50% Dark, 50% Snark

Nick Rolynd is on a distinguished road
Judging by the trailer, I think the film will be decent. That's really the only vibe I get from it. It doesn't scream masterpiece, but bad movies usually have bad trailers, and this one isn't too shoddy. I'm always afraid when I hear about a book adaptation that the movie is going to be awful because it happens far too often.

Looks like they changed quite a bit from the book though, which is (normal but) a little worrisome. Hopefully, the core story is about the same.

I suppose we'll find out next August.
Old 11-16-2012, 06:02 AM   #14
mellymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPanced View Post
Be nice, guys. Don't be a harsh-mellow and violate the OP's request.

:P

Whatevs. Tear it up if you must. Nothing anyone says about it will take away my excitement for this film.

Old 11-16-2012, 06:04 AM   #15
mellymel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc View Post
I can't believe people still use sarcasm in a civilised society.

And just for the record: any discussions relevant to the movie are allowed to be discussed in the thread, even if it involves a mention of the book. Thread starters cannot dictate what can and cannot be discussed inside a thread they start. Just remember, though, to keep discussions on topic, to respect your fellow writer, and not to flame for flames sake. For example: I hate this book/movie, as a stand alone statement would not be acceptable. If you were to explain why you didn't enjoy the movie/book, and it's pitfalls in telling a story etc, then that would be fine. And lastly: I like Baileys. And cookies.

So, just to be totally clear. I like Baileys and cookies. Thankyee.
I deleted my statement in the OP. I'm totally open to any sort of discussions and would never want to deter anyone from feeling they cannot voice their opinions whatever they may be. If it gets to a point that I'm bothered by what others are saying, I have the option to not enter the thread. Free will!