Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-12-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
Saskatoonistan
Still the wrong side of Saskatoon

Saskatoonistan is a glorious beacon of lightSaskatoonistan is a glorious beacon of lightSaskatoonistan is a glorious beacon of light
Smile Diamond Kahn & Woods Literary Agency

From today's The Bookseller

Here's DWK Literary's submission guidelines.

Ella Kahn has been my literary agent's assistant since 2009 and I've worked very closely with her over the past two years. They've just launched their new agency so no sales yet but they will come.

Anyone who lands Ella as an agent will be very well taken care of, so they're open to submissions as of today. Good luck!

UPDATE - Actually it's Diamond Kahn & Woods - not Diamon. If someone could fix the title that would be great - I didn't have my glasses on when I typed it.

My Website. Twitter.

AGENTED - AUGUST 24,2010 WOOT!!!

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books

Last edited by Saskatoonistan; 11-12-2012 at 02:37 PM.
Saskatoonistan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 09:19 PM   #2
lweinberg18
practical experience, FTW

lweinberg18 is well-respected
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saskatoonistan View Post
From today's The Bookseller

Here's DWK Literary's submission guidelines.

Ella Kahn has been my literary agent's assistant since 2009 and I've worked very closely with her over the past two years. They've just launched their new agency so no sales yet but they will come.

Anyone who lands Ella as an agent will be very well taken care of, so they're open to submissions as of today. Good luck!

UPDATE - Actually it's Diamond Kahn & Woods - not Diamon. If someone could fix the title that would be great - I didn't have my glasses on when I typed it.
Just queried Ms. Diamond Kahn the other day. Curious to see turnaround time since their still new. And thanks for the tip!

My new website. (http://laneheymont.com/)

Oh, and I Twitter!
lweinberg18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #3
Project Deadlight

Project Deadlight is well-respected
DKW Literary Agency

http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/

Anyone have any thoughts about this new agency? Didn't see it listed.
Project Deadlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #4
Thedrellum
Grr. Argh.

Thedrellum is well-respected
Well, my main thought is that I just submitted to Ms. Diamond Kahn.

The reasons why are Saskatoonistan's endorsement, an interview with the pair of agents given here, and the fact that Ms. Diamond Kahn is interested in representing both YA and adult science-fiction and fantasy.

I just wrote a note to the guys at QueryTracker asking for DK&W to be added (mostly so that I can selfishly track my own query). Hopefully, if they're listed we'll get more information from the comments there.

I haven't been able to find any sales for them, but they've just started (as Sask pointed out above). They have started getting other machinery in place, such as subsidiary agents to handle translation rights.

Link to my AW Library Page

Represented by Lana Popovic of the Zachary Shuster Harmsworth Agency.
Thedrellum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #5
xamich
Sescha Young

xamich is on a distinguished road
I liked the interview link! Currently doing my agency research, but it sounds promising.

Looking forward to reading about the experiences others have.
xamich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #6
allmywires
Rock-licker

allmywires is on a distinguished road
I've submitted to them - really liked the look of the agency. Now for the wait...
allmywires is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 03:20 AM   #7
Saskatoonistan

Saskatoonistan is a glorious beacon of lightSaskatoonistan is a glorious beacon of lightSaskatoonistan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedrellum View Post
Well, my main thought is that I just submitted to Ms. Diamond Kahn.

I haven't been able to find any sales for them, but they've just started (as Sask pointed out above). They have started getting other machinery in place, such as subsidiary agents to handle translation rights.
Here's one sale: http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/2013/09/us...anessa-curtis/

And here's The Bookseller naming them as among the year's rising stars: http://www.thebookseller.com/feature...tars-2013.html

My Website. Twitter.

"POLTERGEEKS is absolutely everything you could possibly want in YA fantasy!" STARBURST MAGAZINE

"Sean Cummings is a master of the dark fantastic. His writing brims with soul, guts, and a dark wit sharp enough to draw blood. Chris F. Holm, award winning author of The Collector Books
Old 02-15-2014, 05:13 AM   #8
mellymel
I find ur lack of faith disturbing

Location: I'm not sure, but if you find me, for the love of God, please let me know!
mellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsmellymel is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Any new info on this agency? I just did a quick search on them and though they have a website that looks like the "typical" agency type of website, I can't find any books they have as of yet published. Granted I'm not the best at researching this kind of stuff, but I checked the first 5 authors they have listed on their "authors" page and couldn't find a single book published among them. There is one mention of one author who has a book that is GOING to be published but the trail seems to die out and there's not further info on it. All their names link to twitter accounts and linked in accounts or back to this agency, but I'm not seeing anything. I only bring it up because someone I "know" is planning to pitch to them, so I was just curious and tried checking them out and hit some dead ends. They are a UK based agency, so perhaps the info is not coming up, but I'm wondering what's going as it seems they've now been around for about a year and half? Maybe more?

Here's the link to the contest:

http://www.biggreenbookshop.com/stuf.../prod_718.html

Find me on Twitter!: melksan

Last edited by mellymel; 02-15-2014 at 05:14 AM.
mellymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:24 AM   #9
Saskatoonistan

I know they've got a couple of sales - here's one to Angry Robot Books:

http://dkwlitagency.co.uk/2014/02/an...-ishbelle-bee/

My Website. Twitter.

Old 03-08-2014, 08:16 PM   #10
oscuridad

oscuridad is well-respected
They're sound, building a client base and making sales. I am lucky enough to be represented by them. Very professional.
oscuridad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 09:23 AM   #11
Australian River

Australian River is on a distinguished road
I love the look of this agency - they publish quirky books which is what I write.

I queried them today so the wait begins!
Australian River is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:33 AM   #12
Cel_Fleur
Braving the query mountains

Cel_Fleur is on a distinguished road
I love the look and feel of their website, but I probably won't query them until they've made a few more sales. There's no doubt they're legit, though. Some good experience (though I am biased, since Bryony went to my uni :P)

"What is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." (Friedrich Nietzsche)

Yes, I look to Continental Philosophy and anti-realistic logic. No biggie. I dream one day to learn Polish.
Cel_Fleur is offline   Reply With Quote