Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Discussion > Bewares, Recommendations & Background Check
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2006, 10:14 PM   #1
Toni1953
practical experience, FTW

Toni1953 is a glorious beacon of lightToni1953 is a glorious beacon of lightToni1953 is a glorious beacon of light
Full Circle Literary Agency

Does anyone know anything about this agency or had any dealings? On Preditors and Editors it is listed as having legitimate sales.
Toni1953 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
JerseyGirl1962
I heart Malamutes! :-)

JerseyGirl1962 is a shiny, shiny jewelJerseyGirl1962 is a shiny, shiny jewel
Try this thread:

http://absolutewrite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23350

Sounds legit.

~Nancy

I twit, therefore I am?

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work. ~Thomas Edison

It took me fifteen years to discover that I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up because by that time I was too famous. ~Robert Benchley
JerseyGirl1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:27 PM   #3
CaoPaux
Mostly Harmless
SuperModerator

CaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCaoPaux is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Here're their guidelines.

http://www.fullcircleliterary.com/sguide.html
I've never known any trouble that an hour's reading didn't assuage. -- Charles DeSecondat

2013: II2014:
CaoPaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2006, 07:54 AM   #4
EmEllis

Full Circle Literary

Hi - Does anyone have any recent information about Full Circle Literary? Thanks Much!
Old 08-19-2006, 06:42 PM   #5
ixchel
figuring it all out

ixchel is on a distinguished road
It's very legit. She's the agent for my editor on my second YA.
ixchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2006, 05:20 PM   #6
fsr44
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

fsr44 is on a distinguished road
They're legit. Lily Ghahremani requested my full, and while I didn't sign with her, I had a completely delightful, professional interaction with her. If I were looking for an agent again in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to contact her.
fsr44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:57 PM   #7
Provrb1810meggy

Provrb1810meggy should run for PresidentProvrb1810meggy should run for PresidentProvrb1810meggy should run for PresidentProvrb1810meggy should run for PresidentProvrb1810meggy should run for PresidentProvrb1810meggy should run for President
They've just requested a partial from one of my YA novels.

Does anyone know about their YA sales? They say they rep it, but I can't find any.
Old 11-03-2007, 04:24 PM   #8
TrishD

TrishD has earned our admirationTrishD has earned our admirationTrishD has earned our admirationTrishD has earned our admiration
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provrb1810meggy View Post
They've just requested a partial from one of my YA novels.

Does anyone know about their YA sales? They say they rep it, but I can't find any.
I've checked their website and the Internet for recent YA sales and haven't come up with anything. I get the impression they're working to build a YA list, so perhaps they haven't sold any yet?

In any case, they have my full and I had a really great conversation with Lilly Ghahremani. She's very ethusiastic and, if offered, I would definitely consider Full Circle.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:53 PM   #9
TrishD

TrishD has earned our admirationTrishD has earned our admirationTrishD has earned our admirationTrishD has earned our admiration
I received an offer from Lilly at Full Circle. I went with another agent, but I cannot say enough good things about her. She is friendly, enthusiastic and I would not have been unhappy with her as my agent.
Old 01-14-2008, 11:17 PM   #10
JAG4584

JAG4584 is on a distinguished road
sent query on 1/4 got an e-mail response to snail mail my proposal on 1/14
JAG4584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 04:54 AM   #11
Spiny Norman

Spiny Norman has a spectacular auraSpiny Norman has a spectacular aura
Got a request for a partial today, pretty much the same as Jag's. Snail mail, email response. Hurrah.
Spiny Norman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 05:22 AM   #12
cambeaux

cambeaux is on a distinguished road
Agent Lilly Ghahremani - Full Circle Literary

Has anyone had any dealings with her? She's based in San Diego. Seems very upbeat and vibrant........
cambeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:32 AM   #13
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

Shady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I queried her back in September. Never got an answer. Maybe it didn't go through?

INVINCIBLE SUMMER--Simon Pulse, 2011 BUY IT
GONE, GONE, GONE--Coming APRIL 17th, 2012, Simon Pulse BUY IT
TEETH--Coming JANUARY 1ST, 2013, Simon Pulse
--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:
ZOMBIE TAG--Coming DECEMBER 20th, 2011, Roaring Brook Press BUY IT

MARCO IMPOSSIBLE--Coming MARCH 2013, Roaring Brook Press

Shady Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2008, 07:56 AM   #14
TrishD

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambeaux View Post
Has anyone had any dealings with her? She's based in San Diego. Seems very upbeat and vibrant........
I got an offer for representation from Lilly. She is super-enthusiastic and very nice. I went with another agent, but it wasn't because of anything Lilly did wrong... and if I hadn't gotten that other offer, I'd have probably signed on with Lilly.
Old 12-09-2008, 03:30 AM   #15
revolocard
figuring it all out

revolocard is on a distinguished road
Congrats Trish! That's great! Lilly sounds like a fun agent. Any word on Stefanie Von Borstel? I read about both of them in Jeff Herman's guide and they both seem very positive and to love what they do. I'd love any word on what people have found on either of them and maybe what their response times are?

Also, does anyone have any guesses on whether "multicultural" (which they're currently focusing on as well as "contemporary") means that the story needs to actually delve into the culture and have that be a significant aspect, or if it simply means they want non-white protagonists, whether their race ends up being significant or not throughout the book? I've seen both specified during my research, but since my book falls into the latter category, I'm interested to see what people generally take the term to mean.

Last edited by revolocard; 12-09-2008 at 04:04 AM. Reason: fixing misspelling
revolocard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2008, 04:40 AM   #16
scope
Commonsensical Maverick

scope has earned our admirationscope has earned our admirationscope has earned our admirationscope has earned our admiration
Lilly and Stefanie are delightful, knowledgeable, impressive, communicative, and well connected in the marketplace. I had a tough choice to make when deciding between my current agency or Full Circle. It was really a win, win situation.
scope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 09:06 AM   #17
scully931
So you're suggesting what? Bigfoot?

scully931 is well-respected
I have a question and this seems like a good thread to ask it in since it is relevant to this agency.

If an agent represents YA then goes on to say 'no fantasy' does that mean no YA that includes fantasy elements? I'm never sure. I know that sometimes you can tell by their book deals but not always. Any info is appreciated. (Not just on this agency but this subject in general.)
Old 02-17-2009, 05:55 PM   #18
Sary
figuring it all out

Sary is on a distinguished road
I e-queried them on 1/30 and got a request for 10 pages and an author bio a few hours later, at just after midnight. Gotta love that!
Sary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:45 AM   #19
Coach

Coach is on a distinguished road
Question Full Circle Literary Agents- Can't Open Website

I've tried to get onto the Full Circle Literary Agents website for a few days, to no avail. Has anyone gotten on recently? I looked at an old thread, where many posted good reviews of this agency. However, I'd like to get on their site to check a few things before I send off my query.
They have a new agent, Adriana Dominguez. New agents are golden opportunities, as they build their client list. So, contacting Adriana about a book (my first) is high on my to do list; AFTER I find more info. about the agency.
Any ideas? I've tried several links from various sites, including Google...

Thanks,

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'] Coach[/FONT]
Coach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:20 PM   #20
alias octavia
smooshed

alias octavia has a double-platinum reputationalias octavia has a double-platinum reputationalias octavia has a double-platinum reputationalias octavia has a double-platinum reputationalias octavia has a double-platinum reputationalias octavia has a double-platinum reputationalias octavia has a double-platinum reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I've tried to get onto the Full Circle Literary Agents website for a few days, to no avail. Has anyone gotten on recently? I looked at an old thread, where many posted good reviews of this agency. However, I'd like to get on their site to check a few things before I send off my query.
They have a new agent, Adriana Dominguez. New agents are golden opportunities, as they build their client list. So, contacting Adriana about a book (my first) is high on my to do list; AFTER I find more info. about the agency.
Any ideas? I've tried several links from various sites, including Google...

Thanks,

[FONT='Calibri','sans-serif'] Coach[/font]
Website and blog are working just fine for me.

http://www.fullcircleliterary.com/
http://fullcirclelit.blogspot.com/

Also, don't be surprised if you post gets moved into the Full Circle thread. You should just add your message to the established thread instead of making a whole new post. It makes keeping everything organized much easier

"The point is not to take the world's opinion as a guiding star,
but to go one's way in life and to work unfalteringly
neither depressed by failure nor seduced by applause."
-Gustav Mahler
alias octavia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:48 AM   #21
bclement412

bclement412 should run for Presidentbclement412 should run for Presidentbclement412 should run for Presidentbclement412 should run for Presidentbclement412 should run for Presidentbclement412 should run for President
I queried this agency about two months ago and never received a response. Does anyone know response times for this agency? Or if they are a "silence means rejection" type of agency? Thanks

15 Partials (4 Rs, 3 request for revisions, 1 request for larger partial, 1 request for full)
6 Fulls (1 R)
65 Rejections
4 personalized query Rs

------------------------
Damaged (Edgy YA)

1st Draft (1/30/10): 8,500 words

Blog: Author Interviews/ARC reviews
bclement412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:35 AM   #22
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Partial request from Ms. Dominguez. Queried on 1/14/10

Love Sucks - Musa Publishing, B&N, Amazon
"Fireflies" - Absolute Visions

A Paranormal Bromance - 65K-word YA contemp fantasy
Waiting on betas

Taylor-Made, version 4: Sent to editor!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:39 AM   #23
Sage
Hero, villain, angel, demon
AW Moderator

Sage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSage is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclement412 View Post
I queried this agency about two months ago and never received a response. Does anyone know response times for this agency? Or if they are a "silence means rejection" type of agency? Thanks
My notes say they're a "no response = no" agency. I don't know where I read that, but it was either here, their website, or AQ

Love Sucks - Musa Publishing, B&N, Amazon
"Fireflies" - Absolute Visions

A Paranormal Bromance - 65K-word YA contemp fantasy
Waiting on betas

Taylor-Made, version 4: Sent to editor!
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:55 AM   #24
djaffe
Me love books much

djaffe is on a distinguished road
Got a request for a partial today from a query sent back on the 6th of January. Sent my query originally to Lilly Ghahremani but the response came back signed by Full Circle Literary Agency... probably one of the assistants.
djaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 04:34 PM   #25
kaitie
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya.

kaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentskaitie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Looks like Lilly isn't accepting queries right now, so that could be why.

And just because it's still awesome: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSgiXGELjbc

Take two: 90,008
Current: 7,680

kaitie is offline   Reply With Quote