Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > The Break Room > Office Party
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #1
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Voting has closed in AW writing Contest!! Thanks All!

Amazing, astonishing, mind-blowing....

All of the AW February poetry contest entries are in, and I've never seen so many entries in an AW poetry contest before!

Voting has begun and we desperately need your vote!

Please, Please, take a few minutes of your time and send Ambrosia your pick for your top three poems via Private Message:

How to Vote
The poems are posted at this link:
Contest Entries here (password: citrus)

First: Read them all!!!

Second: begin the nearly maddening challenge of picking your top three from all of the entries!

Third: send Ambrosia your vote via Private Message!
(one vote per current AW member in good standing)

The subject line of your PM to Ambrosia should read:
VOTE: DREAMS, VISIONS, or NIGHTMARES Contest.

In the body of the message, include three votes in your voting order, from first to third. List both the poem number and the title. For example:

9. Flying Pigs
2. Falling Stars
5. Beauty's Breath

Voting closes at 11:59PM US Eastern on February 29, 2012. Any votes received after that time will not count, even in your dreams.

Ambrosia will then post complete results with vote totals for every entry, and announce the winners.

=======================================
*Warning: Picking your top three favorites out of all of these amazing entries may be terribly stressful to your brain's functionality. Smoke may begin to pour out of your ears, hair may feel uncomfortable and in need of pulling, foreheads may find a sudden attraction to desktops. To avoid these side affects - PM me for a ready-made ballot.
Originally Posted by CassandraW View Post
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver King View Post
For Kelly, and others seeking soft asylum.
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Tears are peanut & helplessness.

Last edited by KellyAssauer; 03-01-2012 at 08:35 AM.
KellyAssauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:31 AM   #2
HarryHoskins
Straw-fed

HarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHarryHoskins is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The doll ain't wrong. Some excellent entries and a worthwhile and rewarding time to be had giving the poets a vote.

You need not mean what you say, but you must say what you mean - Afrit
HarryHoskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 12:45 AM   #3
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

KellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKellyAssauer is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Five (5) days left to vote!

and there's less than 40 votes? Seriously? Awe c'mon!!!
(40,145 members and we can't muster 1 percent???)

Get your friends to vote (if you have any) pester people,
be annoying! =) It's all for fun!

Give a nod to a fellow AW writer!

*Putting it off to the last second might be harder than you think!
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:
"It is only the large subjects and the big, sweeping themes that make cheap sentences possible." -Cleo Birdwell

Last edited by KellyAssauer; 02-25-2012 at 01:05 AM.
Old 02-25-2012, 02:38 AM   #4
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Ambrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I will add one note in addition to thanking Kelly for wonderfully prodding folks.

You must have joined AW on or before Jan 12th to vote. I am sorry to the February peoples who were kind enough to send in votes, and wish the rules were different. But it is too late to rewrite them now.

So, if you are an AW member who joined on or before Jan 12th, 2012--send in your vote!

I have given in to the Blog Bug. Visit my Duchy here.

"Hmmm .... Duchess after much thought you are clearly the Tribal Sage." Neporsche, Tribal Scribe

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."

-- George Orwell's "1984"

Ambrosia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 03:39 PM   #5
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Voting tally update...

42 votes so far!

4 days left to vote!
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:

Old 02-25-2012, 08:10 PM   #6
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Ambrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAmbrosia is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I am very happy to announce we are now up to 50 votes. Thank you, everyone who has answered the call to vote.

I would like to see a lot more votes, so please don't stop. The poets worked hard for this contest and the poems are of exceeding quality. It is well worth the read and effort to send in your choices.

Please vote. Pass it on to others. Thank you.

"Hmmm .... Duchess after much thought you are clearly the Tribal Sage." Neporsche, Tribal Scribe

"He who controls the past controls the future. He who controls the present controls the past."

Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 AM   #7
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Hurry! Only three days and three hours left to get your vote in!!!
- OR only three days and three hours to pressure someone else into voting! With only 50 votes collected - you must know someone who hasn't voted!!
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:

Old 02-27-2012, 06:59 PM   #8
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Two and half days left before the voting ends!
(Wednesday 29th of February 11:59pm EST)

And we need 22 more votes!

That's it! 22 More!

We can do this!

Thank You everyone who has helped! This might be the first time going 'public' for some of those Poets and their work, so it's just wonderful to see so much AW support!!! You guys rock!!
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:

Old 02-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #9
quickWit
Totally Ninja!

quickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Old 02-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #10
slcboston
word-slinger

slcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsslcboston is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
What happens when you get the 22? Is there a prize?

“People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it. ”

Out of work? Stop by the AW Special Unemployment Team
Password: serenity

FleasTwits
slcboston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #11
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Yes, there is a prize!

with 22 21 more votes this contest will be the single most successful AW poetry contest in both vote count and participants!

You will have contributed to something really special
-and for once you'll be able to cherish that warm feeling
without having to change your britches...

What. the F. am I now?
Quote:

Old 02-27-2012, 08:13 PM   #12
quickWit
Totally Ninja!

quickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsquickWit is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
where's the fun in that? Pfft!

You're not helping, Kelly.
Old 02-28-2012, 12:10 AM   #13
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

21 more votes is too much? How about just 12?

See? I have just made it easier for you.

(And no, that is not dyslexia talking. )

Old 02-28-2012, 12:12 AM   #14
Literateparakeet
Nerdy Budgie

Literateparakeet leaves trails of profuse coolnessLiterateparakeet leaves trails of profuse coolnessLiterateparakeet leaves trails of profuse coolnessLiterateparakeet leaves trails of profuse coolnessLiterateparakeet leaves trails of profuse coolness
Just thought I'd echo the call. I voted and it was fun. Since they are poems, it's a very short time commitment.

You don't have to be an expert, just vote for what you like. That's what I did. It's a shame I could only vote for three poems though. They were all good.

Website/Blog
Twitter
Facebook

Touching His Robe: available in August
Literateparakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 01:39 AM   #15
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrosia View Post
21 more votes is too much? How about just 12?

See? I have just made it easier for you.

(And no, that is not dyslexia talking. )

It's so not a problem!
(Anything over 3 is confusing for bunnehs)

What. the F. am I now?
Quote:

Old 02-28-2012, 05:44 AM   #16
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

7 more votes, peeps. We need 7 more votes. Come on!

Old 02-28-2012, 03:05 PM   #17
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Quote:
70 more votes, peeps. We need 70 more votes. Come on!
There - I fixed that for ya!

70* votes to go, and less than 42 hours to get them!

Be a part of what makes AW such a great community and support your fellow writers!!

-but please, do it quick!-

*arbitrary number which has no bearing on social equity!
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:

Old 02-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #18
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Too funny, Kelly.

Folks, there is only 35 hrs and 55 minutes left to vote. Get to it!

Old 02-29-2012, 04:19 AM   #19
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

28 hours left - this is it - closing in on one last day!
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:

Old 02-29-2012, 04:03 PM   #20
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

On a great note!

the 2012 AW February poetry contest: garnered 26 entries!

the 2012 AW February poetry contest: over a 130 votes!
-and they're still coming in!-
-be a part of this record breaking contest and get your vote in
before 12 Midnight Eastern Standard Time today!

*And the number of thread reads, and new posts and new posters
in the Poetry Critique is way up from what it was last month!

Take a short break from your own writing,
and read something new! It can be inspiring!
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:

Old 02-29-2012, 08:35 PM   #21
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

*fears Rob will start singing Final Countdown any minute now*
What. the F. am I now?
Quote:

Old 02-29-2012, 08:44 PM   #22
lizbeth dylan
practical experience, FTW

lizbeth dylan is a glorious beacon of lightlizbeth dylan is a glorious beacon of lightlizbeth dylan is a glorious beacon of light
Thinks Kelly needs a cheerleader costume for her avatar dolly. ;-)

I voted...cause Kelly told me to!
lizbeth dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:14 AM   #23
Ambrosia
Grand Duchess of Spring
AW Poet Laureate

Which is a good enough reason for a lot of folks!

Only a few more hours left. If you know someone who hasn't voted, give 'em a poke!

Old 03-01-2012, 12:52 AM   #24
lizbeth dylan
practical experience, FTW

lizbeth dylan is a glorious beacon of lightlizbeth dylan is a glorious beacon of lightlizbeth dylan is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Which is a good enough reason for a lot of folks!

Yeah, but...

There is also some great poetry in there as a bonus!! ;-)
lizbeth dylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:28 AM   #25
KellyAssauer
The Anti-Magdalene

Bing! Bong! Bing!

*ask not for whom the bells toll*

It's just your three hour warning...
What. the F. am I now?
Quote: