Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Short Fiction
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 AM   #1
Silver-Midnight
"We're all mad here" - Cheshire Cat

Silver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputation
Is This Still An Anthology?

Is it still considered an anthology if all of the short stories are written by the same writer? I've seen people call a collection of shorts an anthology when referring to both multiple writers and just one. So, does it qualify for both?
Silver-Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 06:10 AM   #2
Izz
Doing the Space Operatic
AW Moderator

Izz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsIzz is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Midnight View Post
Is it still considered an anthology if all of the short stories are written by the same writer? I've seen people call a collection of shorts an anthology when referring to both multiple writers and just one. So, does it qualify for both?
Hi Silver, and to AW!

If all the shorts are written by the same person, the correct term is 'collection.'

If the shorts are all written by different people, it's an 'anthology.'

I see the terms used interchangeably all the time but, for the sake of accuracy, the above definitions are the right ones
Izz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:28 AM   #3
Silver-Midnight
"We're all mad here" - Cheshire Cat

Silver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputationSilver-Midnight has a golden reputation
Okay, thank you. That's what I thought. I see them used interchangeably too, which is why I got confused.
Silver-Midnight is offline   Reply With Quote