• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

Earth Angels Literary Management

Maryn

Sees All
Staff member
Super Moderator
Kind Benefactor
Registered
Reaction score
Everything I've found after a brief look around online is people on various writing boards (for novels, screenplays, and teleplays) asking whether Earth Angels is legitimate. Most have received no answer.

In light of not finding any satisfied clients or record of any sales, that's the question you need to ask before deciding if you want their representation. What have they sold? To whom?

Maryn, who would not consider them herself

JennaGlatzer

wishes you happiness
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.jennaglatzer.com
Two friends of mine were repped by Attica (? that's her name, right?) for a long time. I got the impression that she's very nice, definitely means well, but I'm not aware of her making any sales.

Papa'sLiver

Registered
Reaction score
She is indeed very nice, and tries very hard, but I don't think she's very connected.

FilmNoir3k

Registered
Reaction score
Papa'sLiver said:
She is indeed very nice, and tries very hard, but I don't think she's very connected.

:cry:

Thank you and thank you, too, Jenna. I did research on her and found that she is repping one guy who's script she sent to a production company. So it would be a waste of time for me to query her?

hugs2003

A CROCK!!!

Please please please. DO NOT bother with them. Allow me to tell you what Earth Angels Literary Management REALLY is.

Earth Angels is two people, yes, two. One woman and her boyfriend/husband/partner whatever. They live in the Californian Apartments in Huntington Beach, CA. They work out of their apt. They have no official office. I know this because I live in the apt. that they used to live in before they moved to a "quieter" part of the complex. I still get their mail all the time. I get Attica's paychecks from AppleOne (seems she does temp jobs since her "literary management" isn't a very profitable business). I also get ALOT of play and book proposals. It's sad because people put "suite" 20H on the envelope....little do they know it's an apt., not a business office.

For the longest time i was putting "return to sender" on the envelopes until one day the manager told me they still lived on the complex, just in a diff. apt. So, I saved all of their mail, walked over to where they were now located, knocked on their door and got a pissy Attica.

I politely told her that I get her mail all the time, handed her the mail and watched her pick out the paychecks and bills and hand me back the rest (which was all stuff sent in from people looking for representation). All the while, her two yappy (and stinky dogs wouldn't STFU).

She had an accent and I thought maybe she didn't understand me, I looked at the mail she handed back and reiterated, " Oh, this is yours too". She looked at me like I was stupid and said, " I know. I don't want this crap." and shut her door on my face.

Wow. I guess she doesn't really care about her "business'. I just continue to "return to sender" and don't bother with her anymore. For anyone who is desperately looking for ANYTHING, take a chance and send in your stuff (she's in 17C now, NOT 20H. For those who are taking themselves more seriously and who have themselves grounded, don't bother sending anything to their out of apt. business. She doesn't give a shit, you shouldn't either.

Oh yea, one other thing to beware of. They have an address listed as their business address in San Pedro, CA. Please note this is just an address of a friend's business. Attica is not located there, does not pay rent for the suite and does not have an office. She is merely using it for the address.

Last edited:

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
M'kay, I'm blind now.

But I do want to note she's also listed as EarthAngels (one word), and Earthlight Management.

poliacough

Registered
Reaction score
wow-thanks for that,guy-I`m only just getting over the Sherry Fine trauma(Literary Agency)-I`m also a bit pissed about all the leads from INKSPOT-not INKSPOT themselves but the dickheads who ask to see a script and then dont bother to respond-they could at least have the courtesy to tell me to ruck off.Trying to get an agent over here but its like trying to sky down mount fujiama.
POLIACOUGH

poliacough

Registered
Reaction score
incidentally anyone know of any REAL rep agents who are prepped to look at new screenplays???

jademorgan

Registered
Reaction score
Earthangels Literary Management - are they legit?

My friend is considering signing with Earthangels Literary Management in Huntington Beach, CA

Attica F. Peece, Primary; Cozetta Fitzgerald, Partner; Carter Hall,Partner; Martin Fong, Office Coordinator; Isabelle Laguardia, Assistant.

All of the information I have found here on the forum is old.

The company told him that there "went through an expensive hoax."

Anything that I told him from this forum was dated before this year, so he did not believe any of it.

Does anyone have any recent, detailed information?

Thanks

Last edited:

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
Google finds nothing, which is worrying.
Worthwhile agents have track records of selling books/projects and those records are visible.
Have your friend ask them what they've sold recently.
Legit agencies are always happy to tell you of their succeses. If they say something like 'that's commercially confidential' then you know they haven't sold anything

Last edited:

jademorgan

Registered
Reaction score
Great Advice

Google finds nothing, which is worrying.
Worthwhile agents have track records of selling books/projects and those records are visible.
Have your friend ask them what they've sold recently.
Legit agencies are always happy to tell you of their succeses. If they say something like 'that's commercially confidential' then you know they haven't sold anything

>Google finds nothing, which is worrying.

Wow, that is true. I didn't think about that. Because if they were real, there WOULD be a lot of articles and press about them. Photos being taken at luncheons, film premieres, etc.

>Have your friend ask them what they've sold recently.

Great advice (since that is exactly what I told him last week).

I wrote:

Admittingly, the information about the agency was old and may have been a bad rap or someone just seeking revenge. But if you know for certain that “These managers have sold first time screenwriters screenplays. “ do you have actual names of screenwriters and the screenplays that were sold (kind of a referral list)?

If so, a simple, a cheap research is to look up these folks on the IMDB (Internet Movie Database http://www.imdb.com) and see if any of the scripts were ever filmed and if so, were they filmed by a real film company or by someone in their backyard with a hand held camera.

If they are legit, they won’t mind giving you names of successful clients and projects.

By the way, another way to tell if they are “for real” is if they are asking YOU for money up front.

Are they?

If so, then run the other way.

Sable

no newbie here
Registered
Reaction score
Website
www.sablejak.com
Attica Peece

I've been with Attica for over 10 years. She's carried me when I didn't write a thing for years. She refused to take payment for gigs I found on my own (even if she did help me with the contracts) She didn't drop me when I fell apart during my divorce and totally screwed up a European gig. If anything she kept calling to make sure I was okay.

Even if I rarely write for film any more she still has connections to get me through to people.

Has she sold anything for me... well, she's not the one who does the selling, it's your own writing, but yes, she has got me through to paying gigs.

It'll take an act of the Gods to separate me from her.

Sable

waylander

Who's going for a beer?
Registered
Reaction score
A couple of named projects would go a lot way to making this more credible

Plot Device

A woman said to write like a man.
Registered
Reaction score
Website
sandwichboardroom.blogspot.com
Time for a *BUMP*

I just got the latest InkTip newsletter in my inbox. And it followed the typical InkTip format of lots of rah-rah cheerleading stuff at the top, about a dozen or more open calls for screenplays mid-way down, and then toward the bottom of the newslettter we have the InkTip-is-awesome section where outsiders get quoted in their praise of InkTip. And here's the very first such outside praise from today's InkTip:

---------------
6) InkTip Magazine
---------------

The next InkTip Magazine deadline is December 14th.

"The magazine is most helpful, well categorized, concise and effective."
Attica Peece, Earth Angels Literary Mgmt (Home to minority and women writers and directors)

Not sure how old this quote from Attica Peece is. InkTip has been around since 1999. So I can't say when and where Jerrol LeBaron got that quote from her.

Just thought I'd toss this one out there.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
That's the only hit since '10 (when her Tweetstream ceased), so unless someone (e.g., with an IMDB Pro account) can attest otherwise, I'm marking her inactive.