Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Freelance & Work for Hire > Networking: Sharing Leads
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-2011, 06:21 AM   #1
AlishaS
Is swimming with creativity frogs

AlishaS is a glorious beacon of lightAlishaS is a glorious beacon of lightAlishaS is a glorious beacon of light
YA E-Pubs?

I've decided... that I should look into e-pubs for one of my novels, that, though got a lot of response from agents, never got picked up. I've tried a few traditional publishers and am just playing the waiting game.

Does anyone know of an e-publishers interested in YA? I tried do a search on this site and came up empty. Querytracker gave me really nothing (they seem to be more centered around agents and traditional publishers)

I really don't know the first thing about e-pubs or where to start looking.

Thanks

My YA Adult Novel A Stiff Kiss is out now for Kindle, Nook, KOBO and in Paperback!

YA Won't Let Go, coming Fall 2013

Also, today on my blog:
AlishaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 05:25 PM   #2
BarbaraSheridan
*insert catchy phrase here*

BarbaraSheridan has a spectacular auraBarbaraSheridan has a spectacular aura
The ones that come to mind are:

Noble Young Adult (currently having website issues)

Decadent Publishing

Astrea Press

Entangled Publishing

My book is with Noble and I have friends who've recently had books out with Astrea and Decadent. I don't know anyone personally who has worked with Entangled but I'll be watching to see how they develop.

BarbaraSheridan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2011, 02:33 AM   #3
PortableHal
Not-so-new

PortableHal has a spectacular aura
Hi Alisha,

There's also Muse It Up Publishing but they're only accepting manuscripts until July 1st.

There's Brighter Books, too, if they're still in business. In Backgrounds and Bewares, one of their authors commented that the BB folks have fallen strangely silent.

Also, there's Quake Publishing, part of Echelon Books. They've been around for awhile but they'll require you to provide a marketing plan along with your submission.

Best of luck!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
Erin
Listening to my other selves

Erin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for PresidentErin should run for President
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraSheridan View Post
My book is with Noble and I have friends who've recently had books out with Astrea and Decadent. I don't know anyone personally who has worked with Entangled but I'll be watching to see how they develop.
Ether, one of our AWer's had a book picked up by Entangled a week or so ago. Hopefully, we'll hear about her experience.

Medallion Press. They do some print still, but are moving more into digital.

Bell Bridge Books: print & digital (SF&F, paranormal).

Crescent Moon Press

Website | Blog | Twitter | Facebook

Erin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2011, 04:45 PM   #5
Christine N.
is not the avatar thief

Christine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChristine N. is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Thanks for these! I am on an agent hunt now, but it's good to have these in mind if that turns up nothing. Some of them look very promising.

Young Adult Fantasy Author

A CURSE OF ASH AND IRON: Coming Spring 2015 from Curiosity Quills Press

Represented by Jordy Albert of Booker Albert Literary

I tweet

Young Adult Authors You've Never Heard Of
Christine N. is offline   Reply With Quote