PublishAmerica

Status
Not open for further replies.

cavery46

Hi Everyone,

I know most of you may have heard of PublishAmerica, Fredrick, Maryland. Authors like myself put our trust into companies like PublishAmerica because it's very hard to get your books published through major companies like Doubleday. These larger companies look primarily for movie stars or famous singers to promote. Companies like PublishAmerica look for the innocent author. These authors are unaware of fraud and are easily tricked into signing 7 year contracts with. I am such an author. After 20 years of trying replicable publishing companies and getting no where, I trusted PublishAmerica to print my book. The book is a great success. Not only selling in the United States, but international as well. Here's the draw back. In February of 2005, I received my first royalty check for $39.00. I was shocked but being a new published author, I thought that was how it worked. In August, actually the check arrived Sept.2, 2005, I received my second check, this time for only $79.39. I knew now that I had been frauded out of money by this company. I have now seeked legal help against PublishAmerica. I am asking today if there are any authors out there who have been scammed by this company, please get in contact with me at [email protected]. I am seeking a class action suit againt them and also working on getting my contract dissolved with them. I need your help to get this class action suit started. So contact me by email and I will write back. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.