Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > International District
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 07-28-2010, 12:05 AM   #1
Yeshanu
Elf Queen

Yeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsYeshanu is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Canajan, eh?

Well, somebody had to start it. I'm terribly disappointed that the Australians have a thread, but we don't. Our language is distinct from both English and American, and deserves respect!

And I do not say "aboot," but I do say, "Eh?" Got a ribbing for it when I visited Niagara Falls (Canadian side) and got to chatting with two lovely women from NYC.
Yeshanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:20 AM   #2
Xelebes
Delerium ex Ennui

Xelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsXelebes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I don't say eh or aboot, but I can do a mean North Queuey accent.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #3
Kathleen42
crushing on fictional characters

Kathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Wake up in the morning//feeling shy and lonely//gee I've got to go to school

HEMLOCK now available from Katherine Tegen Books, an imprint of HarperCollins

Website * Twitter * Goodreads
Kathleen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
Charles Farley
Bango Skank

Charles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCharles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCharles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCharles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCharles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCharles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCharles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCharles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCharles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCharles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCharles Farley is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments

I speak newfie. Well I understand them . . . .most times.

Charles Farley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:36 AM   #5
KTC
THE REASONS - Now Available!

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I thought about starting this thread SO MANY TIMES.

hehe.
KTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:38 AM   #6
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Met one of your fellow Canajan-eh peeps at the weekend, Joel Plaskett. Nice guy, eh.

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts -- you won't believe how random this is gonna get.

I am now tweeting at @JedCullan
jvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:40 AM   #7
KTC
THE REASONS - Now Available!

KTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKTC is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by jvc View Post
Met one of your fellow Canajan-eh peeps at the weekend, Joel Plaskett. Nice guy, eh.
I SO love Plaskett's music. I'm a bit obsessed with it, actually!
KTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:44 AM   #8
jvc
Fearsome Dragon Mod
AW Moderator

jvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjvc is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Got chatting with him a few weeks back over a coffee and met him again this weekend. He's a nice and friendly chap, as are his band mates. He is supporting Jools Holland at the moment, which is how I got to meet him (backstage at the Jools concerts). He has another one on the 7th August. I must remember to ask for a free CD Perhaps he'll even sign it for me

There comes a time in your life when you just have to run outside and shout 'banana' as loud as you can. Are you there yet?

My Blog: A Few Random Thoughts -- you won't believe how random this is gonna get.

I am now tweeting at @JedCullan
jvc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 02:53 AM   #9
2Wheels
Anachronista

2Wheels has a spectacular aura
Don't you mean "Canajun?" As in Bobcaygeon?
2Wheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:38 AM   #10
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'd love to go to Canada, eh. See what it's all aboot.

The Canadian accent is sorely under-represented in the media, at least in Australia. We have British of all kinds, Aussie local shows, and heaps of Americana, but hardly any Canadian stuff.

This should be rectified, eh?
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 08:56 AM   #11
Gugland
Sufficiently downsized

Gugland has earned our admirationGugland has earned our admirationGugland has earned our admirationGugland has earned our admiration
I'm American, but my parents were from Moose Jaw. After living in the states, they both quit saying "eh" so I never picked that up. What I DID pick up though is the habit of ending sentences with "y'know" (short for "don'cha know")
Gugland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:05 PM   #12
Adam
Where Brainy goes, I follow.

Adam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles Farley View Post

I speak newfie. Well I understand them . . . .most times.

Newfoundlanders have one of the best accents I've ever heard. Love it!

Last edited by Adam; 07-28-2010 at 04:24 PM. Reason: Grammar go boom
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:13 PM   #13
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Enter the Haggis.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Haggis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:15 PM   #14
Haggis
Undead
SuperModerator

Haggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsHaggis is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggis View Post
Enter the Haggis.
One full set of Grandparents were Anglo-Quebecois (did I spell that right?). North Onslow.

Stewie the Chihuey
featuring the lovely and talented

Last edited by Haggis; 07-28-2010 at 04:17 PM.
Haggis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:21 PM   #15
Paul
Banned for Trolling

Paul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPaul is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
Newfoundlanders have one the best accents I've ever heard. Love it!
AKA : Irish accent. (really)
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:25 PM   #16
Adam
Where Brainy goes, I follow.

Adam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAdam is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
There are a lot of similarities, yeah.

I can see Brainy being mistaken for an Irish woman quite a bit once she's here.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 04:59 PM   #17
Leah J. Utas
Protecting Teddy with all my might.

Leah J. Utas is a glorious beacon of lightLeah J. Utas is a glorious beacon of lightLeah J. Utas is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, our own place. So cool.

The Goat's Lunch Pail

FB

LinkedIn

Twitter

Goodreads
Leah J. Utas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 05:48 PM   #18
divy
rhymes with ivy

divy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathleen42 View Post
Wake up in the morning//feeling shy and lonely//gee I've got to go to school
sigh. love this.

i'm TO born, but i've also lived in Van and Kingston ON. right now i'm doing the expat thing in Hong Kong, and i miss canada terribly- well, no, at this very moment i'm home visiting family, but i'm dreading going back to HK...

i find it hilarious that whenever someone meets me out there, they ask if i'm american, and when i correct them (politely, natch ) they are always so apologetic. hee.
divy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:01 PM   #19
jennontheisland
the world is at my command

jennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsjennontheisland is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hey, does anyone know how Canada got it's name?

They put all the letters of the alphabet in a toque and started pulling them out one by one.

C, eh. N, eh. D, eh.

<<----

American's love that one.

Eat This.
jennontheisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 06:17 PM   #20
SaraP
Organic All Natural SparklePony
AW Moderator

SaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsSaraP is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gugland View Post
I'm American, but my parents were from Moose Jaw. After living in the states, they both quit saying "eh" so I never picked that up. What I DID pick up though is the habit of ending sentences with "y'know" (short for "don'cha know")
I had the same habit when I returned to Portugal from the States. Lost it as soon as I stopped talking english regularly.

If I could move to any country in the world it would be Canada. Hubby and I seriously considered it for a while, but then I got preggers with my oldest, so we decided to stay put.

Where this is desire, there is gonna be a flame.
Where there is a flame, someone's bound to get burned.
But just because it burns, doesn't mean you're gonna die -
You gotta get up and try.

P!nk - Try

Life getting you down? Come get a pick-me-up.
SaraP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #21
willietheshakes
Gentleman. Scholar. Bastard.

willietheshakes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillietheshakes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillietheshakes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillietheshakes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillietheshakes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillietheshakes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillietheshakes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillietheshakes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillietheshakes is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentswillietheshakes is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Checking in...

Black Feathers -- 2013
Walk Like A Man -- 2011
Bedtime Story -- 2010
The World More Full of Weeping -- 2009
Before I Wake -- 2006
willietheshakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:19 PM   #22
KathyD
New Fish; Learning About Thick Skin

KathyD is on a distinguished road
Also checking in....
KathyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 05:29 AM   #23
Cliff Face
Meet Jill, the goth guitar!

Cliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsCliff Face is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Checking out of my mind,
I find I'm drunk blind,
Oh yeah,
Do the hustle!
The Anger That Drives Me To Heresy
Cliff Face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:41 AM   #24
Chumplet
This hat is getting too hot

Chumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Wheels View Post
Don't you mean "Canajun?" As in Bobcaygeon?
I've been through Bobcaygeon.

My Blog
My Website
I'm a Twit, too

Chumplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 07:47 AM   #25
Chumplet
This hat is getting too hot

Chumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsChumplet is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Miq'Maq on my mother's side, and 100% Acadian on my father's side (direct line back to the first Cormier who entered Canada in 1644).

My Blog
My Website
I'm a Twit, too

Chumplet is offline   Reply With Quote