Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Welcome to the Water Cooler > Tech Help > Tech Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 10-24-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
DamaNegra
Mexican on the loose!

DamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Google Wave

Anyone has it? Tried it out? Have something to say about it? Personally, after having tried it out a bit, I find that it could have a lot of potential for writers.

(I don't have any invites to share, sorry)

DamaNegra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 03:10 AM   #2
squibnocket
All-Around Swell Gal

squibnocket is on a distinguished road
I just started playing around with it. It doesn't seem very intuitive to me. I love the concept and will keep on futzing around with it.
squibnocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 AM   #3
DamaNegra
Mexican on the loose!

DamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsDamaNegra is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yeah, I also had some problems with intuitiveness (still haven't figured for the life of me how to get a Wave into a custom folder), but otherwise is a neat piece of software.

I was thinking that it would make it heaven for beta reading and writing collaborative novels.

Old 10-25-2009, 06:42 PM   #4
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
I was thinking that it would make it heaven for beta reading and writing collaborative novels.
That's what I was thinking. We've used it once already, at the office, to collaborate on an education presentation. Worked pretty well from one end of Illinois to the other.

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."

Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook
More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

“You’re inventing your own misery. You’re defining yourself by pettiness. You get 70 years to live and you are enjoying being angry.” -- Russell Howard

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:36 AM   #5
DamaNegra
Mexican on the loose!

Yeah, the collaborative possibilities of Wave are endless. I think I'm already in love with it, even if I can only use it with virtual strangers.

Old 12-09-2009, 11:09 PM   #6
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
If anyone wants to try it out, I have 25 invitations available. I see its potential for betas, too, but so far I've not used it at all.
Old 12-09-2009, 11:36 PM   #7
Medievalist
Cultus Gopherus MacAllister
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
The videos annoy the heck out of me--the text-based documentation is pretty good though.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
My opinions are my own. | Who else would want them?
Medievalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 11:55 PM   #8
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Angie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsAngie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yes, the videos are irritating.
Old 12-10-2009, 03:43 AM   #9
Matera the Mad
And God said, "Let there be Linux!"

Matera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMatera the Mad is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I have 22 spare invites at last count, and I am beginning to loathe it already. But I also loathe collaborative writing.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:10 AM   #10
BigWords
Geekzilla

BigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsBigWords is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
The videos annoy the heck out of me--the text-based documentation is pretty good though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angie View Post
Yes, the videos are irritating.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matera the Mad View Post
I have 22 spare invites at last count, and I am beginning to loathe it already.
You guys aren't convincing me that its' worth the time and hassle. I've heard people have started taking it off their machines in frustration already... Does anyone like it? Does anyone really, truly adore Wave yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbielleRose View Post
Dude, I am not that flexible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwood View Post
The SFF Review Educational Supplement is now open. I'll be listing books, podcasts, online courses and anything else that aims to help the SFF writer improve their skills, provided they're free. (the books, podcasts, online courses and anything else, not the writers)

The British Comics Database is growing. Or mutating. I'm not quite sure which, yet.
BigWords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 04:47 AM   #11
Angie
Sonic Wench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
You guys aren't convincing me that its' worth the time and hassle. I've heard people have started taking it off their machines in frustration already... Does anyone like it? Does anyone really, truly adore Wave yet?
Nope, I don't. Honestly, unless you work on a lot of documents that require collaboration, I don't really think it's worth it. In a beta reading situation it could come in handy because the beta reader can put his/her comments right in the text and the author can see them the moment they're added. But I still don't think it's really a necessary program.

I just thought if there were people who wanted to try it out I'd offer the invites. *shrug*
Old 12-10-2009, 04:49 AM   #12
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Medievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsMedievalist is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigWords View Post
There's nothing to "take off"; it's a suite of Web applications that run in your browser.

Corporate users are adoring it; me, meh, not so much yet.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg
Old 12-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #13
Medievalist
SuperModerator

Came back to note that --

Right now Google Wave is what's termed a "closed beta"; that means that it's not a final, finished, feature complete or stable product, and, that you need an "invitation" to try it out.

So it's still early, despite my cynicism.

AW Admin
About.Me
AWers On Twitter
Lisa L. Spangenberg