Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > Pop Culture > Music and Songwriting
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 08-12-2009, 06:32 AM   #1
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Duets You Never Want To Hear

To complement Charlie's beautiful and well-formed double-bill game, how about a thread on unlikely musical combos? I'll start:

Iron Butterfly and Ricky Martin, doing In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida Loca

That should be easy to top...
poetinahat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 06:43 AM   #2
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Michael Jackson and Paul McCartney singing a crappy song about racial harmony.

Oh?

Not actual horrible duets, then?
dolores haze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:07 AM   #3
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

poetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentspoetinahat is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
No, I'll pay that - good show!

How about Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney and Captain Sensible, singing Say, Say, Say Wot!

-- Bob Dylan

Old 08-12-2009, 07:16 AM   #4
dolores haze
ageing savage

dolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsdolores haze is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Mariah Carey and anyone singing anything.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:20 AM   #5
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolores haze View Post
Mariah Carey and anyone singing anything.
Another contribution from the Department of Redundancy Department... thank you very much, Peanut O'Gallery! (true, though... along with anyone dubbing their voices into their dead father's recordings. I'm looking at you, Natalie and Bocephus!)

Now then, back to the heavy lifting:

Captain and Tennille, with Joy Division:
Love Will Keep Us Together and Tear Us Apart

-- Bob Dylan

Old 08-12-2009, 07:27 AM   #6
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

The Zombies and Bauhaus: She's Not There... She's In Parties

Oh, wait. I DO want to hear that one... my bad.

-- Bob Dylan

Old 08-12-2009, 07:30 AM   #7
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

*we interrupt this thread to pledge allegiance to KTC and his perfect brain*

Twofer!

The Beatles and Donovan, singing Good Day Sunshine Superman...

...and Mellow Yellow Submarine

-- Bob Dylan

Old 08-12-2009, 07:32 AM   #8
dolores haze
ageing savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTC View Post
The Beatles and Siouxsie and the Banshees, singing Playground Twist and Shout
Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinahat View Post
The Zombies and Bauhaus: She's Not There... She's In Parties
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTC View Post
Lipps Inc and The Jam: Funky Town Called Malice
But...but...those sound like good, or at least, very interesting duets.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #9
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

SirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for President
Deep Purple and the Standells singing Smoke on the Dirty Water.
SirOtter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 07:35 AM   #10
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

SirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for PresidentSirOtter should run for President
The Eagles and Uriah Heep singing Take it Easy Living.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #11
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

Gordon Lightfoot and Bob Dylan singing Carefree Highway 61 Revisited.

This is fun!
Old 08-12-2009, 07:37 AM   #12
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

J.J. Cale and The English Beat, singing Cocaine Mirror in the Bathroom

-- Bob Dylan

Old 08-12-2009, 07:39 AM   #13
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

Is Jimmy Buffett and the Mamas and the Papas singing Come Monday, Monday a little too obvious?
Old 08-12-2009, 07:41 AM   #14
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

? and the Mysterians and Little Anthony and the Imperials singing 96 Tears on my Pillow.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:43 AM   #15
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

Paul Simon, Bob Seger and the B-52's, singing She Loves Me Like a Rock Lobster

-- Bob Dylan

Old 08-12-2009, 07:44 AM   #16
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

Chuck Berry and Neil Sedaka singing Maybelline Making Up is Hard To Do.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:47 AM   #17
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

Ogden Edsl and Paul Anka singing Dead Puppy Love.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:50 AM   #18
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

The Jimmy Caster Bunch and the Guess Who singing Ain't Gonna Bump No More With No Big Fat American Woman.
Old 08-12-2009, 07:51 AM   #19
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

The Beatles and Elton John, singing Happiness is a Warm Gun... Love Lies Bleeding

-- Bob Dylan

Old 08-12-2009, 08:10 AM   #20
SirOtter
Il Cavaliere Marino

Melanie and Credence Clearwater Revival singing Lay Down on the Corner.

Bob Dylan and Derek and the Dominos singing Lay Lady Layla.

The Rolling Stones and the Moody Blues singing Ruby Tuesday Afternoon.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:14 AM   #21
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

Blondie and the Beatles, singing Heart of Glass Onion

Ella Fitzgerald and Julian Cope, singing The Lady is a Trampoline

-- Bob Dylan

Old 08-12-2009, 08:24 AM   #22
poetinahat
Odalisque obelisk
SuperModerator

Led Zeppelin and Duran Duran, singing D'Yer Rio Mak'er (ewwww).

(I know, I know, it's pronounced like "Jamaica", but all through adolescence, I thought of it as "Dire Maker")

-- Bob Dylan

Last edited by poetinahat; 08-12-2009 at 08:29 AM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 AM   #23
Priene
Out to lunch

Priene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Nick Lowe and Billy Ray Cyrus - I love the sound of achy-breaky glass
Old 08-12-2009, 08:33 AM   #24
Priene
Out to lunch

Priene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsPriene is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Elvis Costello and the Fratellis - I don't want to go to Chelsea Dagger
Old 08-12-2009, 08:39 AM   #25
Williebee
"Assume Good Intentions"
SuperModerator

Williebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsWilliebee is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
William Shatner and Roseanne Barr, The Rocketman National Anthem.

"There's a Voodoo Game on in the Crescent City. Pray for the Pawns."
Available now where all kinds of cool books are sold.
Kobo Kindle Nook iBook
More stories by Eldon Hughes -- "I Found A Knife"

Read the Newbie Guide.

"We're writers; we own our words. Please choose them to add light and not just heat."
Williebee is offline   Reply With Quote