Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 06-09-2009, 07:14 AM   #1
Juneluv12
Steel Magnolia & Snarky Pants

Juneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
YA Blogroll

Hi guys,

We've been discussing in the "Old People" thread about starting a YA Blogroll like they have over in Purgatory as well as doing a Teaser Tuesday.

Wanna whip out some of your WIP, or gotta SNI you'd like to get some feedback on? If so, just post a link for your blog. You can put whatever you'd like to known as....like Juneluv12 or Krista or whatever! Then hyperlink your blog address.

Here's to happy reading and writing

Krista

JtBH: YA Contemp: Agented

"Without the bitter, baby, the sweet just ain't as sweet."--Vanilla Sky
Juneluv12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:17 AM   #2
Rebecca_Rogers
practical experience, FTW

Rebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthood
I will try to post something every Tuesday!

Becca
Rebecca_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 07:24 AM   #3
pixydust
Mother Flippin' Rhymnosorous

pixydust leaves trails of profuse coolnesspixydust leaves trails of profuse coolnesspixydust leaves trails of profuse coolnesspixydust leaves trails of profuse coolnesspixydust leaves trails of profuse coolness
That's tomorrow! Ah!

Agent currently Subbing: GOLDEN 110,0000 ~ Aryana's survived five years longer than a normal half-blood, buying time by working as an assassin. But with her magic awake, now time’s up.
Writing: DARKNESS BRUTAL, DARKNESS FAIR 32,000/80,000 (YA; TV's Supernatural meets Dickens' Oliver Twist)

pixydust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 11:59 AM   #4
Leah_Michelle
Fangirling

Leah_Michelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeah_Michelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeah_Michelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeah_Michelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeah_Michelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeah_Michelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeah_Michelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsLeah_Michelle is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Hehe, I normally post a snippet with every post I do, sometimes I don't. It just depends on how my mood is...

Leah

¤The Website¤
♪Tweet♪
♥GotYA♥
☼Tumblr☼

TIME LOST - YA UF - 10,135/75000
Leah_Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:07 PM   #5
fairy86
Loose on the internet!

fairy86 has a golden reputationfairy86 has a golden reputationfairy86 has a golden reputationfairy86 has a golden reputationfairy86 has a golden reputationfairy86 has a golden reputation
Stephanie (Fairy)

INTOXICATE: Starting over. Fun times, folks. Fun times.

Yeah, I've gone crazy: Enter to Win a Kindle!
My Twitter
fairy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:13 PM   #6
YAwriter72
someone let me off this crazy ride

Location: We all live under the same sky, but we don't all have the same horizon.
YAwriter72 has earned our admirationYAwriter72 has earned our admirationYAwriter72 has earned our admirationYAwriter72 has earned our admiration
OMG y'all are way to organized. I need to blow the dust off mine and do a little cleaning before its ready for company.

My Website

FATES - Random House/Delacorte-Summer 2013
FATES SEQUEL - Random House/Delacorte-2014
(writing as Lanie Bross )

TANGLED WEBS - Disney/Hyperion-Summer 2014
TANGLED WEBS SEQUEL - Disney/Hyperion-Summer 2015
YAwriter72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 08:33 PM   #7
Juneluv12

Juneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJuneluv12 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAwriter72 View Post
OMG y'all are way to organized. I need to blow the dust off mine and do a little cleaning before its ready for company.
HAHAHH, that is too funny! I know what you mean....my blog has been totally stagnate, but this is good cuz it gets my but in gear!!!!

Old 06-09-2009, 10:51 PM   #8
pixydust

pixydust leaves trails of profuse coolnesspixydust leaves trails of profuse coolnesspixydust leaves trails of profuse coolnesspixydust leaves trails of profuse coolnesspixydust leaves trails of profuse coolness
Here's mine! Yay!

http://thepix.livejournal.com/10507.html

I'm putting links to all those who participate, too. I thought that might be a good idea to help with comments and traffic.

Agent currently Subbing: GOLDEN 110,0000 ~ Aryana's survived five years longer than a normal half-blood, buying time by working as an assassin. But with her magic awake, now time’s up.
Writing: DARKNESS BRUTAL, DARKNESS FAIR 32,000/80,000 (YA; TV's Supernatural meets Dickens' Oliver Twist)

Old 06-09-2009, 11:13 PM   #9
whatevergoesnow
tomorrow is tonight

whatevergoesnow has a spectacular aurawhatevergoesnow has a spectacular aura
http://aquixoticgirl.livejournal.com/

Old 06-10-2009, 12:44 AM   #10
pixydust

I added you to my LJ post, Whatever.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:46 AM   #11
Juneluv12

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevergoesnow View Post
Whatevergoes!

Hola chica! I want to be a Livejournal friend!!!

Old 06-10-2009, 12:58 AM   #12
whatevergoesnow
tomorrow is tonight

whatevergoesnow has a spectacular aurawhatevergoesnow has a spectacular aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juneluv12 View Post
Whatevergoes!

Hola chica! I want to be a Livejournal friend!!!
Yay! Done
Old 06-10-2009, 05:33 AM   #13
Epiphany
Don't kill the bar, Dude.

Epiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEpiphany is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
OH MEMEMEMEMEME!!!!

HERE

Track of the Week: Harald Kloser: The End
Epiphany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:46 AM   #14
paranormalchick
Book Worm & YA writer

paranormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputation
http://youngadultbookworm.blogspot.com/

Hey Sorry mines late LOL
Old 06-10-2009, 06:08 PM   #15
JamieB

JamieB is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamieB is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamieB is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamieB is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamieB is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamieB is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamieB is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamieB is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamieB is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsJamieB is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
YAY! I'm a day late, but here's my link!

http://cantmeifyoucan.blogspot.com/

www.jamiemblair.com
Twitter @JamieMBlair

Writing as USA Today Bestselling Author Kelli Maine
The Give & Take Series - Grand Central Forever
www.kellimaine.blogspot.com
Twitter @KelliMaine
JamieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:49 AM   #16
paranormalchick
Book Worm & YA writer

paranormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputationparanormalchick has a golden reputation
Great Teasers everyone! Can't wait til next week
Old 06-15-2009, 11:31 PM   #17
Blind Writer
YA/MG Author

Blind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputation
June is makin' me join! I'll post a teaser for Scandalous Summer tomorrow, I guess.

http://kodymekellkeplinger.blogspot.com/

I don't know hot to do the pretty little "just my name" hyperlink.

The Swift Boys & Me (MG, Scholastic Press, May 2014)
A Midsummer's Nightmare (YA, Little Brown/Poppy. June 2012)
Shut Out (YA, Little Brown/Poppy. Sept. 2011)
The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend (YA, Little Brown/Poppy. Sept. 2010)
Blind Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:38 PM   #18
bethany
:)

bethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsbethany is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
ooh I'm going to start blogging again, probably focused on writing the screenplay, since I'm so boring. The biggest moment of my blog was when Ellen Hopkins commented on something. I'm a terrible blogger.

It's bethanygriffin on livejournal. Will go pick up a link in a minute...
The Fall~ Greenwillow ~ 2014- A literary psychological thriller/retelling of the Fall of the House of Usher.
www.bethanygriffin.com
bethany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #19
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

Shady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
I'll definitely post a teaser tomorrow.

hannah

INVINCIBLE SUMMER--Simon Pulse, 2011 BUY IT
GONE, GONE, GONE--Coming APRIL 17th, 2012, Simon Pulse BUY IT
TEETH--Coming JANUARY 1ST, 2013, Simon Pulse
--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:
ZOMBIE TAG--Coming DECEMBER 20th, 2011, Roaring Brook Press BUY IT

MARCO IMPOSSIBLE--Coming MARCH 2013, Roaring Brook Press

Shady Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 12:33 AM   #20
wandergirl
~kirsten hubbard

wandergirl leaves trails of profuse coolnesswandergirl leaves trails of profuse coolnesswandergirl leaves trails of profuse coolnesswandergirl leaves trails of profuse coolnesswandergirl leaves trails of profuse coolness
wanderlove.blogspot.com
thanks June. it's fun to see everybody's blogs.
now, need to find a worthy teaser...

Like Mandarin & Wanderlove
(delacorte press, 2011 & 2012)

Watch the Sky & Untitled
(disney-hyperion, 2015 & 2016)
Cloudforest & Red Rocks
(egmont USA, 2016 & 2017)
wandergirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 04:10 AM   #21
CaseyMcG
figuring it all out

CaseyMcG is on a distinguished road
http://caseylmcgill.blogspot.com/

I'll probably post a teaser next week but I posted today about the YA books I've been reading so far!!!

Watch me Tumble

What? It's a writer with a blog? No way...

Yep. And she's on Twitter too.
CaseyMcG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:47 AM   #22
Rebecca_Rogers

Rebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthoodRebecca_Rogers is a candidate for sainthood
I think I'm following everyone's blog now. I promise I'm not a stalker.
Rebecca_Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:50 AM   #23
Blind Writer
YA/MG Author

Blind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputationBlind Writer has a double-platinum reputation
Hmm...I'll have to find a teaser for tomorrow.

The Swift Boys & Me (MG, Scholastic Press, May 2014)
A Midsummer's Nightmare (YA, Little Brown/Poppy. June 2012)
Shut Out (YA, Little Brown/Poppy. Sept. 2011)
The DUFF: Designated Ugly Fat Friend (YA, Little Brown/Poppy. Sept. 2010)
Blind Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 07:52 AM   #24
Juneluv12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca_Rogers View Post
I think I'm following everyone's blog now. I promise I'm not a stalker.
Good idea. I need to do that. Look out guys, here I come!!!

Old 06-16-2009, 08:21 AM   #25
caromora
Still alive. Kind of.

caromora is a splendid one to beholdcaromora is a splendid one to beholdcaromora is a splendid one to behold
I love this idea. I'll post an excerpt tomorrow, too. Maybe. My Livejournal.
caromora is offline   Reply With Quote