• Guest please check The Index before starting a thread.

[PR Firm] The B&B Media Group, Inc. / The Barnabas Agency

Ed Arrington

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone have any advice/info on Author Publicity Firms? I just had my book published and contacted B&B Media and Phenix Publicity. They both replied back with beng interested in working with me.

Ed Arrington

Registered
Reaction score
Book Publicity Firm

I am a newly published author by Oak Tara Press. They are a very small company that publishes Christian Fiction. They can be found on the web at OAK TARA. They are a tradtional publisher..

I am talking this afternoon to B&B Media about publicity representation. I need some input/advice on companies like this. Can anyone help?

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
I am a newly published author by Oak Tara Press. They are a very small company that publishes Christian Fiction. They can be found on the web at OAK TARA. They are a tradtional publisher..

I am talking this afternoon to B&B Media about publicity representation. I need some input/advice on companies like this. Can anyone help?
I'm not sure what you mean by "traditional" publisher. Regardless, OakTara (one word) states plainly on their site they are POD and focus on online sales. What do you expect a publicist to do for you that you can't do for yourself? Have you bought any books as a result of a B&B campaign? Has anyone you know?

M.R.J. Le Blanc

aka Sadistic Mistress Mi-chan
Registered
Reaction score
Just a general question, because I'm genuinely curious, but is there ever a situation where it's a good move/idea for an author to hire a PR firm? Other than perhaps self-publishing, depending on how much cash you have to burn.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Begin by calculating the sales volume needed to cover the cost of the publicist. With true self publishing, hiring a professional publicist is part of the package, along with designer, printer, and wholesaler. Commercial authors sometimes hire publicists to supplement their publishers' marketing efforts, but the publisher is of course able to supply any demand generated. It just doesn't make sense in POD situations.

Lou0403

Registered
Reaction score
Barnabas Agency

Has anyone ever heard anything about The Barnabas Agency (division of B&B Media Group). I was interested in them because they were located in Texas. I sent a query and they sent a response within a week asking to see a proposal. Vicki Andrews is the person that contacted me.

Lou0403

Registered
Reaction score
I've previously looked over there website. However, it really does not going into the literary aspect very well.

CaoPaux

Mostly Harmless
Staff member
Super Moderator
Registered
Reaction score
Their focus is publicity. That said, Ms. Jacobson does have a few sales to her name, including "very nice" and "major" deals.

Lou0403

Registered
Reaction score
Her assistant is the one that emailed me about submitting my proposal. Glad to hear, its a good thing