Read Books By AWers!

Welcome to the AbsoluteWrite Water Cooler! Please read The Newbie Guide To Absolute Write

editing for authors ad

A publisher or agency using Google ads to solicit your novel probably isn't anyone you want to write for.

Go Back   Absolute Write Water Cooler > General Writing Interest > Young Adult
Register FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2009, 02:41 AM   #1
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

Shady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Yes, your characters can have sex

They can have sex. EVEN GAY SEX OMG

And drink. EVEN ALCOHOLIC THINGS.

And curse. EVEN THE F-WORD.

And do drugs. EVEN ILLEGAL ONES.

they can do, say, and think about ANYTHING THAT TEENAGERS DO.

really. really. they can.

that is all

<3 shady

INVINCIBLE SUMMER--Simon Pulse, 2011 BUY IT
GONE, GONE, GONE--Coming APRIL 17th, 2012, Simon Pulse BUY IT
TEETH--Coming JANUARY 1ST, 2013, Simon Pulse
--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:
ZOMBIE TAG--Coming DECEMBER 20th, 2011, Roaring Brook Press BUY IT

MARCO IMPOSSIBLE--Coming MARCH 2013, Roaring Brook Press

Shady Lane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:42 AM   #2
Kathleen42
crushing on fictional characters

Kathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsKathleen42 is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
But can they watch Leave it to Beaver?

HEMLOCK now available from Katherine Tegen Books, an imprint of HarperCollins

Website * Twitter * Goodreads
Kathleen42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:44 AM   #3
reenkam
aka cupcake

reenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
of COUSE NOT kathleen, that's just appalling
Old 02-24-2009, 02:45 AM   #4
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

Shady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsShady Lane is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
kathleen wtf

no one watches Leave it to Beaver.

**sighs**

Good luck finding an agent with THAT one...

--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:

Old 02-24-2009, 02:47 AM   #5
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Can my characters phone people, shout "BUM WILLY POO!" and then hang up?
scarletpeaches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:47 AM   #6
reenkam
aka cupcake

reenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsreenkam is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
*watched Leave it to Beaver once*

I know! I know!

I confessed the sin, I promise.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:48 AM   #7
Esopha
bam pow zap.

Esopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarletpeaches View Post
Can my characters phone people, shout "BUM WILLY POO!" and then hang up?
No.

Never.

"Poo" is a dirty word.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:48 AM   #8
scarletpeaches
Banned

scarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsscarletpeaches is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Can they squick all over each other?
Old 02-24-2009, 02:49 AM   #9
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

Only if they're not Americans, SP.

'cause any American hearing that would be like "wtf"

--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:

Old 02-24-2009, 02:51 AM   #10
Esopha
bam pow zap.

Esopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsEsopha is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Quote:
Can they squick all over each other?
Yes.

They can squick all over each other all. night. long.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:52 AM   #11
scarletpeaches
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady Lane View Post
Only if they're not Americans, SP.

'cause any American hearing that would be like "wtf"
Any American characters I write would be against saying "WTF."
Old 02-24-2009, 02:52 AM   #12
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

Quote:
Any American characters I write would be against saying "WTF."
then you're not accurately portraying americans!

GTFO!

--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:

Old 02-24-2009, 02:53 AM   #13
scarletpeaches
Banned

Oh STFU.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #14
Esopha
bam pow zap.

LOL.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #15
sharpierae
the UnID

sharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudge
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esopha View Post
No.

Never.

"Poo" is a dirty word.
my editor actually had issues with my usage of "poo".

True Story.

(shady, take your credit.)

unid2010.com
The Unidentified
- Balzer & Bray, 2010.
sharpierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:55 AM   #16
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

I'll let reen cite it, he's better at it.

--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:

Old 02-24-2009, 02:56 AM   #17
Esopha
bam pow zap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpierae View Post

True Story.

Why?

No. I seriously want to hear the reasoning behind this. Because I use "poo" in LC all the time!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:57 AM   #18
reenkam
aka cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharpierae View Post

True Story.

Lane, Shady. True Story. Absolute Write: Random Musings, 2007.
Old 02-24-2009, 02:58 AM   #19
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

thanks baby

--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:

Old 02-24-2009, 02:58 AM   #20
sharpierae
the UnID

sharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudgesharpierae is better than ice cream with hot fudge
haha! No a character described feeling nervous and tense like she "felt like I needed to poo." and editor was like, wtf? that's WEIRD, yo. Weird phrase. stop it.

unid2010.com
The Unidentified
- Balzer & Bray, 2010.
sharpierae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:59 AM   #21
Shady Lane
my name is hannah

hahahaha that is weird.

--
MIDDLE GRADE BOOKS:

Old 02-24-2009, 03:01 AM   #22
scarletpeaches
Banned

So POO is out, then?
Old 02-24-2009, 03:01 AM   #23
reenkam
aka cupcake

yeah, that's a little weird lmao
Old 02-24-2009, 03:02 AM   #24
eyeblink
New quinquagenarian

eyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentseyeblink is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
It took me a while to realise that FTW did not mean "Fuck the World". But then I remember punk.

But seriously, is there ANYTHING that's off-limits? Necrophilia (if you don't count beyond-the-grave romances as such)? Bestiality?

Works in progress:

Partings and Greetings (contemporary 14+ YA novel) - 75,254 words complete draft. Agent-hunting.

Conor and Me (working title, 14+ YA) 28,814 words and counting

"Mourning Becomes Me" (novella) 32,365 words. With betas.
eyeblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 03:04 AM   #25
Zoombie
Vengeful Crystaline Hawk 45C
AW Moderator

Zoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate complimentsZoombie is so great that we've run out of appropriate compliments
Bestiality is hot.

I have pictures that prove it.

Shard Series: Worldshard (being beta'd), Lifeshard (done!), Soulshard (Done!), Peaceshard (43k/80k)

Invasion 2071 (With Editors)

Read my blog: Quantum Spin Plates

BUY MY BOOK HERE!
Zoombie is offline   Reply With Quote